Voice of Reason

US shutdown: Trump angered by Democrat rejection of 'compromise'

161 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
7 hours ago, eieio said:

I agree. In the mind of most Democrat politicians....if Trumps gets the wall he wins in 2020. If he doesn't get a wall they have a good chance. 

This is still dependent on the candidate they end up with.  If it is someone from the extreme Left, there will always be a chance.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Theres no one in either party that is extreme left or right.  I don't see a dictator or a completely communist leader.  No one on the left wants to take everything from everyone and dole it out in exactly equal portions.  Thats communism and that is extreme left.  

Maybe because I grew up in Canada so I learned a different level of politics than Americans?

This is how i understand it as written in this blog. 

https://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/roanna-carletontaylor/what-exactly-do-we-mean-b_b_17393486.html&ved=2ahUKEwiWreXj-f7fAhUm6IMKHcUmDtMQFjAQegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw28MbnYnXlmH1Mehi4yYQqk&cshid=1548076482185

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Take Trump, Schumer, Pelosi, McConnel and lock them in a room and don't let them come out until a deal is done

I can promise you Schumer is scared of Trump, get them inside a room with no camera and let Trump show them how the real world works...….

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
14 hours ago, Randyandyuni said:

And the rest of our laws

and really eliminate sanctuary cities

eliminate the-diversity lottery

What does the diversity  lottery have to do with undocumented migrants?

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

Timeline
16 hours ago, eieio said:

I hope the shutdown keeps going. In order to reduce the size of the government there will always be a few sad stories in the mix. The vast majority will be perfectly fine and many will find better and more rewarding work. 

Now we just need to find another way to shutdown the other 80%.  Thin the herd so to speak.

The shutdown is about stopping an inflow of migrants from the south, you are advocating no border security.

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

47 minutes ago, refugee said:

Nothing, where did I say it did?

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

Nothing, where did I say it did?

I thought the debate was about undocumented, why do we need to restrict the diversity lottery?

This is where the discussion breaks down for me. Programs that bring people to this country legally are fair and good for the country. I don't know what point you were trying to make about eliminating the diversity lottery.

1 hour ago, refugee said:

Many people have suggested the diversity visa be eliminated as part of immigration reform. I believe primarily because it is based on luck rather than merit. 

I don't think it's a huge issue in immigration reform, but it is often attached to negotiation. In some way's it's an easy target because it doesn't have a lot of defenders with anything personal at stake. My wife and I know 2 separate couples who immigrated with DV's and they don't care if it gets eliminated. They already have their GC's. 

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

1 minute ago, refugee said:

I thought the debate was about undocumented, why do we need to restrict the diversity lottery?

This is where the discussion breaks down for me. Programs that bring people to this country legally are fair and good for the country. I don't know what point you were trying to make about eliminating the diversity lottery.

Earlier you said it was on non citizens, but that is neither here nor there

I personally do not believe in the diversity lottery, totally personal opinion, I disagree with your premise that all diversity is necessarily good for the country.

I think it's fine to have a lottery for including some people that are underrepresented in our population but it is extended to spouses and unmarried children as well, the intent is 50k visas, but these often involve 3-5 times as many visas. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

Earlier you said it was on non citizens, but that is neither here nor there

I personally do not believe in the diversity lottery, totally personal opinion, I disagree with your premise that all diversity is necessarily good for the country.

I think it's fine to have a lottery for including some people that are underrepresented in our population but it is extended to spouses and unmarried children as well, the intent is 50k visas, but these often involve 3-5 times as many visas. 

To clarify, earlier I said that non citizens a a whole contribute to the economy, because it was stated they didn't pay taxes.

Why does it get attached to a discussion about the wall? I can tell you why: the political forces that claim to be anti illegal immigration are truthfully anti migration. The wall is just a symbol to rally the troops around anti immigrant sentiment. 

That was the goal of Bannon and Stephan Miller. Miller is still in the Whitehouse and I doubt we would have this shutdown if he and his radical views were not in the White House.

Edited by refugee

52 minutes ago, refugee said:

To clarify, earlier I said that non citizens a a whole contribute to the economy, because it was stated they didn't pay taxes.

Why does it get attached to a discussion about the wall? I can tell you why: the political forces that claim to be anti illegal immigration are truthfully anti migration. The wall is just a symbol to rally the troops around anti immigrant sentiment. 

That was the goal of Bannon and Stephan Miller. Miller is still in the Whitehouse and I doubt we would have this shutdown if he and his radical views were not in the White House.

Your arguement not mine, I stated my wish list, that is all, I even called it my personal opinion, you do not have to agree with me, my opinion is exactly that, my opinion, not formed by Bannon or Miller, you or anyone else. 

personally, I do not care about the wall, I think we should enforce our standing immigration laws, expel dreamers, end the diversity lottery

2 hours ago, refugee said:

because we have been talking about immigration reform  which is part of the compromise which is the tile of the thread 

I know you already know why we are talking about making the diversity lottery as part of that compromise, but it seems you would rather just deflect , since there is really no defense of the democrats dragging this shut down on.

1 hour ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

because we have been talking about immigration reform  which is part of the compromise which is the tile of the thread 

I know you already know why we are talking about making the diversity lottery as part of that compromise, but it seems you would rather just deflect , since there is really no defense of the democrats dragging this shut down on.

When all is said and done,  Democrats don't want a wall. Neither do Republicans. Call them RINO's if you want, but it is what it is. If they wanted a wall, we would have had one a long time ago. 

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an