Voice of Reason

US shutdown: Trump angered by Democrat rejection of 'compromise'

161 posts in this topic

Dont know what else he can do. 5 billion and they get all the dreamers fixed they have been gnashing teeth and tearing garments about for 8 years.

Proff dems dont really care about kids they care about votes 

2 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

The Democrats insist they will not negotiate until government is reopened.

In other words they won't negotiate at all. Does anyone really believe the democrats will come to the table to negotiate after the government is reopened?

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

7 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

In other words they won't negotiate at all. Does anyone really believe the democrats will come to the table to negotiate after the government is reopened?

I hope the pubs are smarter than this

Image result for charlie brown football

Filed: Timeline
9 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

I don't.   It's politics,  all bluff and bluster.  Sadly, today it is affecting thousands of families directly.

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
16 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

I don't.   It's politics,  all bluff and bluster.  Sadly, today it is affecting thousands of families directly.

I keep seeing on these threads that we don't need all of these government workers and programs.

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

30 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

The only way to find that out is to open the government and try. It's what every other leader and every other government in the world has done and continues to do.

Trump isn't going to force the wall this way. The only difference in how this ends is who looks worse for letting it go on, the president or the Democrats. Right now it's Trump, and it will be until he shifts it back to the Democrats. You have to have a negotiating skill to fall back on when bullying doesn't work. He had 2 years to get by with that one. It's time to show us what else he has to work with.

Edited by Steeleballz

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

34 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

The only way to find that out is to open the government and try. It's what every other leader and every other government in the world has done and continues to do.

Trump isn't going to force the wall this way. The only difference in how this ends is who looks worse for letting it go on, the president or the Democrats. Right now it's Trump, and it will be until he shifts it back to the Democrats. You have to have a negotiating skill to fall back on when bullying doesn't work. He had 2 years to get by with that one. It's time to show us what else he has to work with.

He pretty much gave them everything they asked for on immigration. 

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

He pretty much gave them everything they asked for on immigration. 

He flaked on signing bills before, he will flake again.

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

Timeline
59 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

You're correct.

So which is it, is the shutdown " affecting thousands of families directly" or are these services we don't need?

2 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

That's just like "the only way to see what is in the ACA is to pass it". Given the track record of the democrats I wouldn't trust them.

2 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

I think you have that in reverse. Trump is going out of his way to try to negotiate (honestly to our detriment) and the democrats are the ones engaging in bullying. As I have said Trump should just use his executive authority to fund the wall. The democrats could end this mess by passing a bill with the miniscule amount of funding being requested for border security. Their TDS prevents them from doing that.

1 minute ago, refugee said:

So which is it, is the shutdown " affecting thousands of families directly" or are these services we don't need?

I think it's kind of a mix. Some of the services we need. Some of them we could get by without.

1 hour ago, refugee said:

He flaked on signing bills before, he will flake again.

We need those services but  more than likely we have 20 people in a job 4 could do. So if all are furloughed yes.  We have a major AFB near us. Its frightening the number of people that work there that brag about doing nothing. Now a few are dedicated hard workers.

I worked there for 2 weeks. I was in a program that had about 5 people until meeting time one day and 12 more showed up I had never seen 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I hope the shutdown keeps going. In order to reduce the size of the government there will always be a few sad stories in the mix. The vast majority will be perfectly fine and many will find better and more rewarding work. 

Now we just need to find another way to shutdown the other 80%.  Thin the herd so to speak.