Gozzy

Cr1 visa approved but not issued!!!

52 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Gozzy said:

OK I see ...so can they unapprove our cr1 application after being approved?

It is never approved until you have it in hand.  The CO interview is not the last step.  You may have passed the interview but the visa was not approved.  What is the CEAC status right now?

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

It is never approved until you have it in hand.  The CO interview is not the last step.  You may have passed the interview but the visa was not approved.  What is the CEAC status right now?

Administrative processing last updated was 10 january..

Just now, Gozzy said:

Administrative processing last updated was 10 january..

You haven't been refused.  Just be patient now.  AP has no timeline.  Relax and this will all be over soon.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

You haven't been refused.  Just be patient now.  AP has no timeline.  Relax and this will all be over soon.

I don't know why the delay to email Us back...I and my wife are hurting so bad with this .

4 minutes ago, Gozzy said:

I don't know why the delay to email Us back...I and my wife are hurting so bad with this .

I got a response to a question from the Manila Embassy about a petition 3 months after we were denied.  Sometimes they are just slow.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
6 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I got a response to a question from the Manila Embassy about a petition 3 months after we were denied.  Sometimes they are just slow.

Awww sorry about that...we got denied k1 too..I know the feeling bro..smh!!!..anyway u got the visa now?

11 minutes ago, Gozzy said:

Awww sorry about that...we got denied k1 too..I know the feeling bro..smh!!!..anyway u got the visa now?

Nope.  Still waiting on the CR-1 NOA2.

IMG_5168.jpeg

4 minutes ago, HonoraryCitizen said:

That is a ridiculous presumption right out of the gate without even acknowledging what the OP wrote. Have you never had any interaction with government bureaucracies which issues documents before? Do you know the error rates on issuing drivers licenses, marriage certificates, passports, divorce certificates etc? Errors like that happen routinely and in developing economies with inadequate quality control it is not unusual at all. I have had a series of errors on my birth certificate, passport, social security number etc over the past twenty or so years.

He wrote that he had various names and different birthdates for the names.  I was not claiming fraud.  I stated a fact.  That does sound suspicious.  It wasn't just the birth certificate.  He also changed his name.  That just means he needs to be very careful how he presents his case.  

So to you having multiple names and multiple birthdates is actually quite normal.  That is good.  I don't think the CO would have the same perception as you.

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
4 minutes ago, HonoraryCitizen said:

That is a ridiculous presumption right out of the gate without even acknowledging what the OP wrote. Have you never had any interaction with government bureaucracies which issues documents before? Do you know the error rates on issuing drivers licenses, marriage certificates, passports, divorce certificates etc? Errors like that happen routinely and in developing economies with inadequate quality control it is not unusual at all. I have had a series of errors on my birth certificate, passport, social security number etc over the past twenty or so years.

OK thank you for that...I hope the consular officers judge wisely and not think biased!!!..

Timeline
3 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

He wrote that he had various names and different birthdates for the names.  I was not claiming fraud.  I stated a fact.  That does sound suspicious.  It wasn't just the birth certificate.  He also changed his name.  That just means he needs to be very careful how he presents his case.  

You have a point to bro..but I changed my name for a family reasons and any one is allowed to change name..remember I said I always disclosed my other name and never lied about it..

Just now, Gozzy said:

You have a point to bro..but I changed my name for a family reasons and any one is allowed to change name..remember I said I always disclosed my other name and never lied about it..

I am not commenting on that.  I was just stating how the CO may see it.  They do not really have a chance to get all the information from you and there are items that would give them pause.  I am sure that it is all circumstantial and I mean no disrespect.  To me, as a stranger who is charged with protecting the country from fraud, your case has some red flags that are most likely nothing but coincidences.  Unfortunately perception is reality and it is within logic to question your petition.  Yes I believe you are just stuck in a situation where they need to dig a little deeper.  

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

OP, sounds like you need to get a new passport with your correct name and date of birth, even if that costs extra and takes a few weeks.  The email explanation or affidavit or whatever you submitted may not be enough.  Get the passport corrected, or at least ask the embassy/consulate if you need to do that in order to get approved.  The difference between your birth certificate (correct name and date of birth) and your passport, may be the problem, and you can fix that.

Timeline
29 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

OP, sounds like you need to get a new passport with your correct name and date of birth, even if that costs extra and takes a few weeks.  The email explanation or affidavit or whatever you submitted may not be enough.  Get the passport corrected, or at least ask the embassy/consulate if you need to do that in order to get approved.  The difference between your birth certificate (correct name and date of birth) and your passport, may be the problem, and you can fix that.

Hello I have already corrected my passport with current name and current dob..before filing for k1 and cr1..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.