Jump to content
Gozzy

Cr1 visa approved but not issued!!!

50 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My cr1 visa interview was approved on 27th dec 2018 and I was given a collection slip to pick up passport in 10 business days.After few days I was sent an email by the us embassy to confirm if I have used other names and dob before..which I confirmed yes as to reason being that I changed my name after family disputes and I have always disclosed the old name on my aplications/I-130..And also the passport office in Lagos Nigeria made an error on my dob and said it would take me longer time to fix and cost me more money for a new one and I attached an affidavits of change of name and sent in the email..On the 9th of Jan 2019 my passport was sent back to me via Dhl without any letter with it or emails for instruction.I and my wife has emailed and still waiting for a responds why the passport was sent back without a visa stamp.I also called the us embassy and they said my visa is under processing and when it's ready to be issued they will email me to send back my passport for stamping.And she said she can't see any Information as to why my passport was sent back to me.and I should always track my visa on the ceac website.we have sent the Us embassy emails to know the update of my immigrant visa but no responds yet since thursay the 10th after i retrieved my passpoet back from dhl collection facility..I'm scared what will be the outcome of this.Any help please..I need to be with my wife!!!.

Edited by Gozzy
More information

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like you are in AP.  I have personally never heard of a CO telling you to pick up a passport in 10 days.  There is always some period of AP after the interview.  If your name was found to be different in the petition and they found out in AP that may be considered a misrepresentation.  All of that information should have been included in the petition. 

 

What is your current CEAC status?  There was no paperwork with you returned passport?  Why didn't you list the other names used in the petition?  That is probably a serious problem as they see that you failed to disclose other names used.  Were there any arrests in any of your names?


June 6,  2017 - Filed the K-1

April 20, 2018 - K-1 refused

June 11, 2018 - Got married in Pateros, Metro Manila

September 10, 2018 - Filed the CR-1

September 11, 2018 - Priority Date

September 14, 2018 -  NOA-1

January 22, 2019 -  NOA-2 (Rose)

January 23, 2019 -  NOA-2 (AJ)

January 23, 2019 -  NOA-2 (Aira)

 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

 

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

 

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY.   These are the only ones that can attend the seminar without their visa.

 

IMG_6043.jpeg.f00e0714733e6533148a7bb56d286460.jpeg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Sounds like you are in AP.  I have personally never heard of a CO telling you to pick up a passport in 10 days.  There is always some period of AP after the interview.  If your name was found to be different in the petition and they found out in AP that may be considered a misrepresentation.  All of that information should have been included in the petition. 

 

What is your current CEAC status?  There was no paperwork with you returned passport?  Why didn't you list the other names used in the petition?  That is probably a serious problem as they see that you failed to disclose other names used.  Were there any arrests in any of your names?

I have always disclosed other names on all my applications the ds 160, ds 260 even when my wife filed the i-129f and the i-130...I have been honest from the start.so they are supposed to have checked all this before approving my visa..so I received an email on the 7th of jan to confirm wat name I have used/dob in the past.which I did and on the 9th of Jan my passport was sent back to me without no email or letter with the passport...we have written the embassy few emails as to why returned and no reply yet..we also called the call center and they said my visa is being processed and I should wait for an email from the us embassy as they don't know why my passport was returned..its really frustrating!!!.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gozzy said:

I have always disclosed other names on all my applications the ds 160, ds 260 even when my wife filed the i-129f and the i-130...I have been honest from the start.so they are supposed to have checked all this before approving my visa..so I received an email on the 7th of jan to confirm wat name I have used/dob in the past.which I did and on the 9th of Jan my passport was sent back to me without no email or letter with the passport...we have written the embassy few emails as to why returned and no reply yet..we also called the call center and they said my visa is being processed and I should wait for an email from the us embassy as they don't know why my passport was returned..its really frustrating!!!.

Why was the I-129f denied?  Why did you have different dates of birth?  That all sounds a bit like fraud to me.  

 

USCIS only checks to see if you are eligible to apply for the visa.  The rest is up to NVC and the Department of State.  Many people are denied after a successful interview.  We were denied in AP.  The interview is part of the process, it is not the end of the process.

 

Edited by John & Rose

June 6,  2017 - Filed the K-1

April 20, 2018 - K-1 refused

June 11, 2018 - Got married in Pateros, Metro Manila

September 10, 2018 - Filed the CR-1

September 11, 2018 - Priority Date

September 14, 2018 -  NOA-1

January 22, 2019 -  NOA-2 (Rose)

January 23, 2019 -  NOA-2 (AJ)

January 23, 2019 -  NOA-2 (Aira)

 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

 

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

 

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY.   These are the only ones that can attend the seminar without their visa.

 

IMG_6043.jpeg.f00e0714733e6533148a7bb56d286460.jpeg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Why was the I-129f denied?  Why did you have different dates of birth?  That all sounds a bit like fraud to me.  

Like I said on this tread the passport office in Lagos Nigeria made an error on my dob and I tried rectifying it and they told me it will take a longer time to fix until renewal and will cost me more money..and that's the honest truth which I emailed back to the us embassy..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gozzy said:

Like I said on this tread the passport office in Lagos Nigeria made an error on my dob and I tried rectifying it and they told me it will take a longer time to fix until renewal and will cost me more money..and that's the honest truth which I emailed back to the us embassy..

The k1 visa denied as of 2017..VO saying that I could not convince her that I had a bona fide relationship with my fiance at that time..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gozzy said:

Like I said on this tread the passport office in Lagos Nigeria made an error on my dob and I tried rectifying it and they told me it will take a longer time to fix until renewal and will cost me more money..and that's the honest truth which I emailed back to the us embassy..

Is your passport using the correct date or the mistaken date?  If you look at it through a stranger's eyes there is a problem.  Is that the same reason your I-129f was denied?  It may be best to legally fix the problem.  In the Philippines a true annulment takes 2 years and costs $5000 US.  It has to be done.


June 6,  2017 - Filed the K-1

April 20, 2018 - K-1 refused

June 11, 2018 - Got married in Pateros, Metro Manila

September 10, 2018 - Filed the CR-1

September 11, 2018 - Priority Date

September 14, 2018 -  NOA-1

January 22, 2019 -  NOA-2 (Rose)

January 23, 2019 -  NOA-2 (AJ)

January 23, 2019 -  NOA-2 (Aira)

 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

 

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

 

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY.   These are the only ones that can attend the seminar without their visa.

 

IMG_6043.jpeg.f00e0714733e6533148a7bb56d286460.jpeg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gozzy said:

The k1 visa denied as of 2017..VO saying that I could not convince her that I had a bona fide relationship with my fiance at that time..

Did that petition ever get withdrawn?  Did you end up marrying the same woman?

Edited by John & Rose

June 6,  2017 - Filed the K-1

April 20, 2018 - K-1 refused

June 11, 2018 - Got married in Pateros, Metro Manila

September 10, 2018 - Filed the CR-1

September 11, 2018 - Priority Date

September 14, 2018 -  NOA-1

January 22, 2019 -  NOA-2 (Rose)

January 23, 2019 -  NOA-2 (AJ)

January 23, 2019 -  NOA-2 (Aira)

 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

 

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

 

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY.   These are the only ones that can attend the seminar without their visa.

 

IMG_6043.jpeg.f00e0714733e6533148a7bb56d286460.jpeg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Is your passport using the correct date or the mistaken date?  If you look at it through a stranger's eyes there is a problem.  Is that the same reason your I-129f was denied?  It may be best to legally fix the problem.  In the Philippines a true annulment takes 2 years and costs $5000 US.  It has to be done.

I am using my correct dob now..which is on my birth certificate and marriage ceritficate which the us embassy has now..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like they suspect fraud due to the different DOB & name used by you.


Entry on VWP to visit then-boyfriend 06/13/2011

Married 06/24/2011

Our first son was born 10/31/2012, our daughter was born 06/30/2014, our second son was born 06/20/2017

AOS Timeline

AOS package mailed 09/06/2011 (Chicago Lockbox)

AOS package signed for by R Mercado 09/07/2011

Priority date for I-485&I-130 09/08/2011

Biometrics done 10/03/2011

Interview letter received 11/18/2011

INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 12/20/2011

Approval e-mail 12/21/2011

Card production e-mail 12/27/2011

GREEN CARD ARRIVED 12/31/2011

Resident since 12/21/2011

ROC Timeline

ROC package mailed to VSC 11/22/2013

NOA1 date 11/26/2013

Biometrics date 12/26/2013

Transfer notice to CSC 03/14/2014

Change of address 03/27/2014

Card production ordered 04/30/2014

10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED 05/06/2014

N-400 Timeline

N-400 package mailed 09/30/2014

N-400 package delivered 10/01/2014

NOA1 date 10/20/2014

Biometrics date 11/14/2014

Early walk-in biometrics 11/12/2014

In-line for interview 11/23/2014

Interview letter 03/18/2015

Interview date 04/17/2015 ("Decision cannot yet be made.")

In-line for oath scheduling 05/04/2015

Oath ceremony letter dated 05/11/2015

Oath ceremony 06/02/2015

I am a United States citizen!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You seem to be doing everything right.  You will have a chance to plead your case again.  I'm sorry this happened.  You are from a high fraud country so the COs are probably a bit more suspicious of every petition.  It is your job to relieve his fears.  Your petitions have to be perfect.


June 6,  2017 - Filed the K-1

April 20, 2018 - K-1 refused

June 11, 2018 - Got married in Pateros, Metro Manila

September 10, 2018 - Filed the CR-1

September 11, 2018 - Priority Date

September 14, 2018 -  NOA-1

January 22, 2019 -  NOA-2 (Rose)

January 23, 2019 -  NOA-2 (AJ)

January 23, 2019 -  NOA-2 (Aira)

 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

 

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

 

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY.   These are the only ones that can attend the seminar without their visa.

 

IMG_6043.jpeg.f00e0714733e6533148a7bb56d286460.jpeg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Why was the I-129f denied?  Why did you have different dates of birth?  That all sounds a bit like fraud to me.  

 

USCIS only checks to see if you are eligible to apply for the visa.  The rest is up to NVC and the Department of State.  Many people are denied after a successful interview.  We were denied in AP.  The interview is part of the process, it is not the end of the process.

 

OK I see ...so can they unapprove our cr1 application after being approved?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

You seem to be doing everything right.  You will have a chance to plead your case again.  I'm sorry this happened.  You are from a high fraud country so the COs are probably a bit more suspicious of every petition.  It is your job to relieve his fears.  Your petitions have to be perfect.

Sure I have every documentations to prove this but I have emailed them and apologised also for the inconveniences with the visa processing and that me and my wife really wanna be together...still waiting for their responds as it slow at the moment and haven't heard nothing back from them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×