abum

Elderly, conservatives shared more Facebook fakery in 2016

71 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

avg facebook user is 40. Not surprising. wonder who owns instagram 

The vast majority of these youngsters are using IG now. It makes me feel old and I am only 35 and my wife is 38. We do not have IG and we don't need to have it at all. So I guess we are left out.  

16 minutes ago, refugee said:

I see you’re trying to create redactions. Do you need assistance?

11wc05lev9921.jpg

Yeah it was pretty good actually because MSNBC kept trying to paint his lawyer as incompetent when the guest they had on outlining it was just saying that "it might just be someone that doesn't know what to do)

5 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

The vast majority of these youngsters are using IG now. It makes me feel old and I am only 35 and my wife is 38. We do not have IG and we don't need to have it at all. So I guess we are left out.  

I'm 61, I do not use Facebook at all ... too much drama for me, I can only imagine a newer better version being even more frustrating for me 

3 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

I honestly think both sides get taken in with the whole fake news thing going on. No one side is worse than the others I think to be honest. But what I do see on the Left is that a fair amount of the so-called news outlets are basically just opinion pieces with a few facts mixed in to make it look/seem legitimate. I can name a few right off hand of the lower level websites that just peddle BS the other time such as Vox, Medium, HuffPo,Buzzfeed. Then you have others that used to be good places to get high quality news and now in order for clicks/ratings they just spout off whatever can get them a audience and they are CNN and Vice. I would trust something that came from MSNBC before I would CNN, which I get ####### from the guys in my office for listening to MSNBC on SirusXM at work. 

On facebook and a lot of social media fakery is.. well.. everywhere. I mean it doesn't matter what the subject matter, but 99% of the time the older and younger folks on my feed are sharing pure junk. Clickbait, fake stuff, copy & paste if you care spam, and terribly inaccurate memes. In the beginning I tried to correct it, but usually it's just met with hostility. People don't want to be told the stuff they've spammed everywhere is wrong.. nor do they ever want to be challenged to *think*. The most I ever share is little bits and pieces of our lives to his family that are fairly tech incompetent and that's the only way we can communicate. But these days instead of communicating with friends and family it seems like people on social media just want to share digital junk and get into e-fights.

29 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

avg facebook user is 40. Not surprising. wonder who owns instagram 

Instagram is laughable junk for people that want attention 24/7. There's a funny little anime show on Netflix called Aggretsuko. They did a parody episode about getting sucked into instagram. 

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

30 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

On facebook and a lot of social media fakery is.. well.. everywhere. I mean it doesn't matter what the subject matter, but 99% of the time the older and younger folks on my feed are sharing pure junk. Clickbait, fake stuff, copy & paste if you care spam, and terribly inaccurate memes. In the beginning I tried to correct it, but usually it's just met with hostility. People don't want to be told the stuff they've spammed everywhere is wrong.. nor do they ever want to be challenged to *think*. The most I ever share is little bits and pieces of our lives to his family that are fairly tech incompetent and that's the only way we can communicate. But these days instead of communicating with friends and family it seems like people on social media just want to share digital junk and get into e-fights.

Instagram is laughable junk for people that want attention 24/7. There's a funny little anime show on Netflix called Aggretsuko. They did a parody episode about getting sucked into instagram. 

I dont correct it either, but I do form an opinion of the same ones that do it over and over. To be intellectually honest it is usually far religious right people that I knew growing up from my small hometown that do it the most. Then again I don't have a lot of extreme  leftie friends on FB. Just my older than dirt cousin that was a news anchor for years, and my departed mothers gay methodist pastor.

49 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

Exactly this point as well with me. I have tried and tried to correct people on both sides to no avail. I have been met with hatred vitriol worse than I ever thought possible. It's like no one wants to know the truth about anything but spit out how they feel about a subject, or how they think it should be done. The worst I got was I commenting on a immigration post and someone responded to me saying that "You are racist against people of the brown race". This was in reference to an post about someone taking refuge in a church to avoid deportation.

So quite frankly I stopped commenting on stuff and my life is happier for doing it. Also if I want to run for office later I don't want something I said to haunt me in the future.

3 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Exactly this point as well with me. I have tried and tried to correct people on both sides to no avail. I have been met with hatred vitriol worse than I ever thought possible. It's like no one wants to know the truth about anything but spit out how they feel about a subject, or how they think it should be done. The worst I got was I commenting on a immigration post and someone responded to me saying that "You are racist against people of the brown race". This was in reference to an post about someone taking refuge in a church to avoid deportation.

So quite frankly I stopped commenting on stuff and my life is happier for doing it. Also if I want to run for office later I don't want something I said to haunt me in the future.

you do know when you run for office, you dont get any "not a racist points" for being married to a brown person as has been pointed out many times here.

7 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

you do know when you run for office, you dont get any "not a racist points" for being married to a brown person as has been pointed out many times here.

Oh I know that but it's best not to add any fuel to the fire so to speak. 

2 hours ago, Randyandyuni said:

Mines only Brown in the sun

which I am sure she avoids like a vampire 

3 hours ago, Randyandyuni said:

Mines only Brown in the sun

My wife is a lighter shade of brown in the shade and a really dark shade in the sun. 

12 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

which I am sure she avoids like a vampire 

only person I know that wears a turtleneck bathing suit 

Filed: Timeline
13 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

only person I know that wears a turtleneck bathing suit 

Took me a few years to change my asawa’s mind on brown skin.  Now that she embraces it, I am AMAZED at how quickly she goes from pale to brown.  She literally gets tan lines in about 5 minutes at the beach.  Keeps me BUSY moving things around to prevent such!

Her family at first mocked her for being “so dark” when they saw her pics on FB.  But when she went home last year, they admitted she looked beautiful in person.  Her tan was so smooth.  Not saying they were jealous, but I may be making headway into one aspect of Filipino culture!

My wife is also like a vampire when it comes to the sun. In fact she used to buy all those whitening creams in the Philippines. I think she looks good with a tan but she disagrees. I keep telling her if her skin gets any whiter I might lose her in all the snow we get here.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg