spielerin

N-400 Jan 2019 Filers

784 posts in this topic

On 5/8/2019 at 9:13 AM, Y&i2015 said:

Hello Guys ! My interview has been scheduled too ! filer from milwaukee. I just found a job in virginia so I moved 2 weeks ago and didn't even think about changing my address because everything happened so fast so this was my last concern. but now my interview is scheduled in the middle of the week, I am now in virginia... do you think we can transfer an interview in another state? I also don't want my schedule to be postponed to later later since washington DC is so backed up (I am just assuming). 

You should follow the instructions on your Interview Letter, i.e., "... If for any reason you cannot keep this appointment, return this letter immediately to the USCIS office address listed above with your explanation and a request for a new appointment, otherwise, NO FURTHER ACTION WILL BE TAKEN ON YOUR APPLICATION."  (We live in Northern Virginia and our interview was scheduled 5 weeks from the date of the interview letter, so the backlog isn't that great.  Personally, I would go to the interview wherever it was originally scheduled.)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

For those who already got their naturalization certificate.. how did you sign your certificate? Did you sign  same with your digital signature beside ur picture or did you use the complete printed name on the certificate

Hi everyone, I had my interview on May 8th and was approved. Oath is next!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Time Line - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

June 2015 got married

AOS
September 10, 2015 mailed the AOS package
September 18, 2015 package received, checks cashed

October 15, 2015 biometrics appointment done
October 21, 2015 case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

November 14, 2015 EAD/AP Combo card is in production

November 21, 2015 EAD/AP card received

April 26, 2016 interview, card approved e-mail

June 10, 2016 card in hand

ROC

February 7, 2018 mailed the ROC package

February 12, 2018 NOA1

February 7, 2019 Case transferred to a local office to schedule an interview

May 8th, 2019 interview, card approved e-mail

Naturalization

January 29, 2019 submitted N-400 online

January 29, 2019 NOA1

February 21, 2019 biometrics appointment done

May 8th 2019 interview, case approved e-mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

120 days passed since Jan 16th the date i applied and nothing still 😪😥

A lot of people got their interviews and already a citizen among Jan 2019 filers !!! 😟😞

16 hours ago, Andriyyy said:

A lot of people got their interviews and already a citizen among Jan 2019 filers !!! 😟😞

Hello @Andriyyy I am a January 11'th Chicago filer myself. Chicago tends to be a slower office compared to the others, Folks from November and one from December have their interviews scheduled for June. Based on my estimation, it is going to be August at least before we get called in for an interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline
4 hours ago, xilef said:

Hello @Andriyyy I am a January 11'th Chicago filer myself. Chicago tends to be a slower office compared to the others, Folks from November and one from December have their interviews scheduled for June. Based on my estimation, it is going to be August at least before we get called in for an interview.

I ran out patience already. this is taking too long ☹️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi @Andriyyy and @xilef,

Fellow Jan filer here too, and also stuck in the system. According to everything I've seen and conversations with my immigration attorney, we're just in the system. My son filed two months after me and has his interview scheduled while we're stuck in limbo. Apparently this can also be because my son, like some of the others who filed after but are processed quicker, may simply have less data (credit checks, employment history, criminal checks, etc.) and may just be part of less databases than us older individuals (not making any assumptions on you all, but I am cracking on quite a bit.

If you're within the field-office processing times, there's little else we can do but wait, and be prepared for push-back fi you phone them and chase it.  Good luck!

S...

21 hours ago, Andriyyy said:

The same here, I applied Jan 14, and nothing came up. So frustrating !!!!

On 5/9/2019 at 2:51 PM, Y3+E said:

We received a text message, then an email today from USCIS-CaseStatus@uscis.dhs.gov.

Our interview in Virginia has been scheduled.

Now, must wait for the the interview notice with date/time, etc. to arrive by mail.  🙂

Congratulations, <ay I ask if you have I-751 pending or not? 

18 hours ago, mz_066 said:

Congratulations, <ay I ask if you have I-751 pending or not? 

Hi, no pending i-751; our I-751 was approved on 9/11/2018.

We were scheduled for an interview at the Fairfax, Virginia office.  Seems to be only a five week wait time from notification of interview.

Good Luck!!

Edited by Y3+E

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi, I wanted to provide an update as yesterday my husband had an N-400 interview in Springfield, MA.  We filed the I-751 with VSC in March 2018, case was transferred to TSC earlier this year. We filed N-400 on January 30, 2019. 

The interview notice was for the N-400 only, but when we arrived together, the officer did a combo interview. My husband passed and we should be getting a letter about the Oath Ceremony soon. Good luck to all! 

3 hours ago, Suziesmom said:

Hi, I wanted to provide an update as yesterday my husband had an N-400 interview in Springfield, MA.  We filed the I-751 with VSC in March 2018, case was transferred to TSC earlier this year. We filed N-400 on January 30, 2019. 

The interview notice was for the N-400 only, but when we arrived together, the officer did a combo interview. My husband passed and we should be getting a letter about the Oath Ceremony soon. Good luck to all! 

Congratulations,

I applied for I-751 on Feb 2018 to VSC then on Feb 2019 got transferred to Texas, I applied for N-400 on January this year and still waiting. hopefully, I'm getting closer. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.