spielerin

N-400 Jan 2019 Filers

784 posts in this topic

Had the interview and a decision could not be made.  We had ample proof (when compared to what others have written here they submitted).  The wait time was over 2 hours and I feel like the officer was not in the best of mood.  We were also separated and it was a stokes type interview.  I was grilled for about 40 - 45 mins and my spouse for about 10 - 15 mins.  All this after we already had an initial interview when filing I 485 previously.  I guess the wait begins again.

Edited by Tar999

On 6/10/2019 at 12:33 PM, Nikki06 said:

Congrats !!!!  

Congrats! I have mine tomorrow. I am starting to feel nervous.

Did you bring the 2018 tax returns?

i don’t know what docs i should being with me besides the ones listed on the letter. 

K1

02-02-2015 Package Sent by Express Mail

06-15-2015 Interview: APPROVED :dancing:

07-01-2015 Visa in Hand

09-06-2015 POE

10-09-2015 Wedding (L):wub:

----------------------------------------------------------

AOS

11-09-2015 AOS, EAD & AP Sent by Express Mail (Dearborn Address)

11-19-2015 AOS, EAD & AP confirmation e-mails received

12-14-2015 Biometrics completed

01-06-2016 AOS Approved :dance:

01-11-2016 GREEN CARD in hand!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROC

11-06-2017 Package Sent by Express Mail 

11-13-2017 NOA received

12-05-2017 Biometrics completed

08-18-2018 Copy of extension letter received

10-16-2018 Original extension letter received

Naturalization

01-26-2019 N-400 filled online

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline
1 minute ago, xilef said:

Same here, this wait is very frustrating !

When did you apply ? your office is Chicago also ? applied on three years rule or five ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline
Just now, xilef said:

Yes in Chicago, 3 year rule. I applied on January 11'th, NOA1 same date as well.

I will keep you updated if i got something new. i am checking that freaking app million times per day 😓😫

It takes 160 Days from the date of file to get an Interview Notice, then the Interview will be 35 days from the notice date and then the Oath will be around in 3 weeks after an Interview.So the overall 7 Month process to get N400 process to complete.

Edited by FNF

30 minutes ago, FNF said:

It takes 160 Days from the date of file to get an Interview Notice, then the Interview will be 35 days from the notice date and then the Oath will be around in 3 weeks after an Interview.So the overall 7 Month process to get N400 process to complete.

Incorrect.

Every location, every situation, and every person is different.

Here's ours -

==================
Filed the N400  -                                                   23 January 2019
NOA for the N400 -                                              28 January 2019
Biometrics (St.Louis,MO) -                                 22 February 2019
Received Interview Appointment date -           02 March 2019
Interview date (Kansas City) -                            01 April 2019 (approved)
Oath Date (Kansas City) -                                   19 June 2019

I had my interview yesterday in Milwaukee. I have never felt so attacked. I have ROC pending and I was reading on VJ that Milwaukee doesn’t do combo interview anymore, so i got to confident and didn’t bring any docs besides the ones needed for the naturalization, i know, big mistake and You have no idea how much I regret it and I can’t stop thinking about it. 

Anyways, since I arrived, the guy seemed pissed, while all other interviewers were smiling and saying hello, not mine. When I told him hello, he barely answer me. As soon as we got into his office he treated me like #######, and started attacking me and bombarding me with questions, so first I got really nervous and then I stared getting pissed and my answers were in a defensive mode. He started saying that my green card was expired (duh, that’s why i have a ROC) and that my extension letter was expired, which is not, it expires August this year, buy me being nervous I couldn’t think well and I was just getting more and more nervous, in a fraction of a second i was able to think and tell him that it expires in August. The guy will talk so fast and ask questions one after another and i could barely think or remember things. Then he left my green card and extension letter and he returned, he did the naturalization test extremely fast that i could barely understand what he was saying, he didn’t look at me once, but anyways I passed.

he gave me a letter saying that a decision can not be made now and told me he is waiting Texas to send more docs from my ROC and that with the (few) things I gabe him (i made him pull docs from the N400 submission) he could made a decision about it otherwise he will request more docs.  And i feel like really? At this part of the process I’m going to get a RFE? Why these people didn’t requested it when i submitted my ROC in November 2017 and my extension letter is about to expire?  Anyways, i do expect to be requested more docs, since this guy seemed to be willing to make it hard for me. He says that he hopes that in 3 weeks he can have an answer.

K1

02-02-2015 Package Sent by Express Mail

06-15-2015 Interview: APPROVED :dancing:

07-01-2015 Visa in Hand

09-06-2015 POE

10-09-2015 Wedding (L):wub:

AOS

11-09-2015 AOS, EAD & AP Sent by Express Mail (Dearborn Address)

11-19-2015 AOS, EAD & AP confirmation e-mails received

12-14-2015 Biometrics completed

01-06-2016 AOS Approved :dance:

01-11-2016 GREEN CARD in hand!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROC

11-06-2017 Package Sent by Express Mail 

11-13-2017 NOA received

12-05-2017 Biometrics completed

08-18-2018 Copy of extension letter received

10-16-2018 Original extension letter received

Naturalization

01-26-2019 N-400 filled online

1 hour ago, diane79 said:

I had my interview yesterday in Milwaukee. I have never felt so attacked. I have ROC pending and I was reading on VJ that Milwaukee doesn’t do combo interview anymore, so i got to confident and didn’t bring any docs besides the ones needed for the naturalization, i know, big mistake and You have no idea how much I regret it and I can’t stop thinking about it. 

Anyways, since I arrived, the guy seemed pissed, while all other interviewers were smiling and saying hello, not mine. When I told him hello, he barely answer me. As soon as we got into his office he treated me like #######, and started attacking me and bombarding me with questions, so first I got really nervous and then I stared getting pissed and my answers were in a defensive mode. He started saying that my green card was expired (duh, that’s why i have a ROC) and that my extension letter was expired, which is not, it expires August this year, buy me being nervous I couldn’t think well and I was just getting more and more nervous, in a fraction of a second i was able to think and tell him that it expires in August. The guy will talk so fast and ask questions one after another and i could barely think or remember things. Then he left my green card and extension letter and he returned, he did the naturalization test extremely fast that i could barely understand what he was saying, he didn’t look at me once, but anyways I passed.

he gave me a letter saying that a decision can not be made now and told me he is waiting Texas to send more docs from my ROC and that with the (few) things I gabe him (i made him pull docs from the N400 submission) he could made a decision about it otherwise he will request more docs.  And i feel like really? At this part of the process I’m going to get a RFE? Why these people didn’t requested it when i submitted my ROC in November 2017 and my extension letter is about to expire?  Anyways, i do expect to be requested more docs, since this guy seemed to be willing to make it hard for me. He says that he hopes that in 3 weeks he can have an answer.

We had a similar experience.  Not sure what is going on.  There was obviously a lot more evidence than what was submitted previously and we were also interviewed for the I 130 and I 485.

Hi guys, 

I just had N-400 interview yesterday (6/13/2019) in NJ. The interview and tests went well but I was not approved on spot because my I-751 is still pending. 

At the beginning, the IO (a very kind lady) told me she could do a combo interview but she couldn't find my I-751 folder, which never happened to her before.  However she still conducted the I-751 interview. I really appreciated it.  she printed out a questionnaire and wrote down all the answers I gave to her. After that, we went to the N-400 interview.  She said she would have approved both but she did not have my I-751 information at hand.  She told me to relax and she would find out what's going on for my I-751. She asked me to wait up to 2 weeks. 

I filed I-751 1/29/2018 and N-400 1/23/2019 to Vermont. "fingerprint review was completed" for my I-751 has not changed since April 4, 2018.

Hope she can find my I-751 info and give me approvals asap. Fingers crossed.

Good luck everyone.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.