peanutismint

Crazy long wait times on hold to the medical doctors in London??

32 posts in this topic

I spent a CRAZY amount of time on hold to the Knightsbridge doctors trying to schedule my visa medical today, first for 1 hour before being cut off, then nearly 2 hours before being cut off again, then over 2 hours a third and final time before being cut off AGAIN. Not sure why it's happening. Each time it told me I was like #24 in the queue and went down and down and the closest I got was to #5 before being cut off for some reason.... 😡😡😤

Is the visa medical place even open at the moment (with the holidays) or is their phone system just #######?! As it's 2019 I would've hoped I could schedule online or via email but nobody is answering their email address either.

I'm desperately trying to get an appointment for a week today when I have to go to London anyway to take my fiancé back to the airport, save me having to make two separate trips all the way to London (and then a third for the embassy interview!).

In short - this service sucks. What can I do about it? Just keep trying?! I've already wasted half a day on hold to them....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Want some cheese with that whine?  If you are struggling so much with the process, you can always have your fiancé try to move to you.   If you don't have lots of patience, this process is not for you. 

13 minutes ago, gregcrs2 said:

Want some cheese with that whine?  If you are struggling so much with the process, you can always have your fiancé try to move to you.   If you don't have lots of patience, this process is not for you. 

I don't see how his pertinent question about getting through to book a medical because he can't actually get through on the phone merits your response. Patience has nothing to do with it, he's already near the end of the process.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Apelcina said:

I don't see how his pertinent question about getting through to book a medical because he can't actually get through on the phone merits your response. Patience has nothing to do with it, he's already near the end of the process.

It's a K-1.  The process is just beginning.  Need lots of patience for this entire process.

2 minutes ago, Apelcina said:

Probably has more to do more with the OP's posts about working illegally in the US while awaiting a green card and taking cruises to Hawaii.  Comes off as very entitled. 

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline
1 minute ago, Paul & Mary said:

Probably has more to do more with the OP's posts about working illegally in the US while awaiting a green card and taking cruises to Hawaii.  Comes off as very entitled. 

EXACTLY!  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 minutes ago, gregcrs2 said:

EXACTLY!  

Also a more appropriate forum for this type of post is the UK  regional and not clog the general 

YMMV

1 hour ago, peanutismint said:

I spent a CRAZY amount of time on hold to the Knightsbridge doctors trying to schedule my visa medical today, first for 1 hour before being cut off, then nearly 2 hours before being cut off again, then over 2 hours a third and final time before being cut off AGAIN. Not sure why it's happening. Each time it told me I was like #24 in the queue and went down and down and the closest I got was to #5 before being cut off for some reason.... 😡😡😤

Is the visa medical place even open at the moment (with the holidays) or is their phone system just #######?! As it's 2019 I would've hoped I could schedule online or via email but nobody is answering their email address either.

I'm desperately trying to get an appointment for a week today when I have to go to London anyway to take my fiancé back to the airport, save me having to make two separate trips all the way to London (and then a third for the embassy interview!).

In short - this service sucks. What can I do about it? Just keep trying?! I've already wasted half a day on hold to them....

Refer to the thread below. In short I got through by calling at 9am on the dot! I was an hour on hold but at least it worked. 

I called them again this morning at 9 because I didn't receive their email confirmation, and it worked again. Got through after an hour on hold. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

As someone who has been through the K1 visa process and is from the UK.

The reason for the long wait times is due to the amount of people doing the K1, Also you need to understand that the London Medical center is the only one officially allowed to conduct medicals so people from Scotland, Ireland and everywhere in the UK have to go there. ( Also its that funny time between xmas and new years) by next week they will be back on track.

The staff are very professional and very nice, you just have to call every single day at different times, there are cancellations all the time due to people breaking up, having second thoughts on the VISA process etc. all different reasons so when you speak to them book in a date then call up everyday but do it first thing in the morning. They usually have cancellations. 

But honestly i would brace yourself because i was concentrating so hard on getting to the US. Once i arrived in the US everything was Great until it sinks in that you cannot work for months and the AOS process / EAD (work authorization) is the slowest and most painful process you will ever encounter in your life. (Its like being in prison)  Cant leave the US, Cant work,  Can only drive for the 90 days after entry after that you cant drive even if you pass and get your US license as you need to have valid status.

Long story short,  K1 is awful more expensive and if i could turn back the clock i would of done CR1, Same wait time as the K1,  Arrive in the US,  Get green card, SSN, and ability to work immediately. 

Edited by Gama

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Country-specific thread is moved from the K-1 Process forum to the UK regional forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

3 hours ago, Apelcina said:

It's ok, I've been on this forum long enough to just ignore all the unhelpful know-it-alls 😊

3 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

I wish I had as much free time as you must  have to stalk me. 

3 hours ago, Gama said:

As someone who has been through the K1 visa process and is from the UK.

The reason for the long wait times is due to the amount of people doing the K1, Also you need to understand that the London Medical center is the only one officially allowed to conduct medicals so people from Scotland, Ireland and everywhere in the UK have to go there. ( Also its that funny time between xmas and new years) by next week they will be back on track.

The staff are very professional and very nice, you just have to call every single day at different times, there are cancellations all the time due to people breaking up, having second thoughts on the VISA process etc. all different reasons so when you speak to them book in a date then call up everyday but do it first thing in the morning. They usually have cancellations. 

But honestly i would brace yourself because i was concentrating so hard on getting to the US. Once i arrived in the US everything was Great until it sinks in that you cannot work for months and the AOS process / EAD (work authorization) is the slowest and most painful process you will ever encounter in your life. (Its like being in prison)  Cant leave the US, Cant work,  Can only drive for the 90 days after entry after that you cant drive even if you pass and get your US license as you need to have valid status.

Long story short,  K1 is awful more expensive and if i could turn back the clock i would of done CR1, Same wait time as the K1,  Arrive in the US,  Get green card, SSN, and ability to work immediately. 

Sounds like you've had a bad time of it! Yeah I'm not looking forward to that wait for work/parole either. The whole process is a pain in the ### (if this forum censors that word then I pity the mods) and pretending eveyeone should just suck it up and take it for what it is is incredibly British and makes me kind of embarrassed to be from the UK...! I mean obviously nobody's going to be like "it's too hard, I'm just going to not get married!" so while we're having to suffer through the process if we want to have a bit of a whinge about it then I think we're well within our rights! 😉

41 minutes ago, peanutismint said:

Sounds like you've had a bad time of it! Yeah I'm not looking forward to that wait for work/parole either. The whole process is a pain in the ### (if this forum censors that word then I pity the mods) and pretending eveyeone should just suck it up and take it for what it is is incredibly British and makes me kind of embarrassed to be from the UK...! I mean obviously nobody's going to be like "it's too hard, I'm just going to not get married!" so while we're having to suffer through the process if we want to have a bit of a whinge about it then I think we're well within our rights! 😉

This cracked me up. I'm very impatient too (But I'm the American one so it makes sense for me to deal with problems like a truck driving through a swimming pool).  Five hour hold times only to be hung up on does seem a bit strange. Maybe try the "DMV standard" starting next week when the place will likely be more fully staffed and not still in 'vacation mode'. Middle of the week, middle of the day. Try to set some time aside on a Tuesday at like 10:15 and see if you get any further.

At least you know what your next step is . I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs in Administrative Processing ready to explode.

Edited by NearEthereal

I would try calling around 11am, that seemed to be there less busier time when i booked mine last year! Not sure if things have changed but worth a shot

K1 Fiance Visa Journey 💍 - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅

Spoiler

6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

Removal of Conditions Journey  - From sending I-751 to 10 year Green card in hand = 

16th-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

22nd-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet received in Phoenix, AZ lockbox

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.