Jump to content
peanutismint

Crazy long wait times on hold to the medical doctors in London??

32 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I spent a CRAZY amount of time on hold to the Knightsbridge doctors trying to schedule my visa medical today, first for 1 hour before being cut off, then nearly 2 hours before being cut off again, then over 2 hours a third and final time before being cut off AGAIN. Not sure why it's happening. Each time it told me I was like #24 in the queue and went down and down and the closest I got was to #5 before being cut off for some reason.... 😡😡😤

 

Is the visa medical place even open at the moment (with the holidays) or is their phone system just #######?! As it's 2019 I would've hoped I could schedule online or via email but nobody is answering their email address either.

 

I'm desperately trying to get an appointment for a week today when I have to go to London anyway to take my fiancé back to the airport, save me having to make two separate trips all the way to London (and then a third for the embassy interview!).

 

In short - this service sucks. What can I do about it? Just keep trying?! I've already wasted half a day on hold to them....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Want some cheese with that whine?  If you are struggling so much with the process, you can always have your fiancé try to move to you.   If you don't have lots of patience, this process is not for you. 


Removal of Conditions

12/29/2018  Sent ROC package to Dallas PO Box by USPS Priority Mail. 

12/30/2018  ROC package arrived & ready for pickup at Dallas PO Box at 7pm.

01/03/2019  Credit card transaction alert received at 7:10am authorizing charge of $680 to USCIS Dallas Lockbox

01/03/2019  Received text message from USCIS stating original receipt to follow in mail and a receipt number starting with MSC.

01/07/2019  Added receipt number to myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ and it shows case received and nothing to do at this time.

01/11/2019  Received US Postal Service Informed Delivery email at 8:20am showing incoming letter from USCIS.

01/11/2019  Received biometric appointment in the mail.  Biometric appointment is for 01/22/2019

01/14/2019  Completed walk-in biometric at Tampa Field Office.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, gregcrs2 said:

Want some cheese with that whine?  If you are struggling so much with the process, you can always have your fiancé try to move to you.   If you don't have lots of patience, this process is not for you. 

I don't see how his pertinent question about getting through to book a medical because he can't actually get through on the phone merits your response. Patience has nothing to do with it, he's already near the end of the process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Apelcina said:

I don't see how his pertinent question about getting through to book a medical because he can't actually get through on the phone merits your response. Patience has nothing to do with it, he's already near the end of the process.

It's a K-1.  The process is just beginning.  Need lots of patience for this entire process.


Removal of Conditions

12/29/2018  Sent ROC package to Dallas PO Box by USPS Priority Mail. 

12/30/2018  ROC package arrived & ready for pickup at Dallas PO Box at 7pm.

01/03/2019  Credit card transaction alert received at 7:10am authorizing charge of $680 to USCIS Dallas Lockbox

01/03/2019  Received text message from USCIS stating original receipt to follow in mail and a receipt number starting with MSC.

01/07/2019  Added receipt number to myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ and it shows case received and nothing to do at this time.

01/11/2019  Received US Postal Service Informed Delivery email at 8:20am showing incoming letter from USCIS.

01/11/2019  Received biometric appointment in the mail.  Biometric appointment is for 01/22/2019

01/14/2019  Completed walk-in biometric at Tampa Field Office.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Apelcina said:

I don't see how his pertinent question about getting through to book a medical because he can't actually get through on the phone merits your response. Patience has nothing to do with it, he's already near the end of the process.

Probably has more to do more with the OP's posts about working illegally in the US while awaiting a green card and taking cruises to Hawaii.  Comes off as very entitled. 


March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Paul & Mary said:

Probably has more to do more with the OP's posts about working illegally in the US while awaiting a green card and taking cruises to Hawaii.  Comes off as very entitled. 

EXACTLY!  


Removal of Conditions

12/29/2018  Sent ROC package to Dallas PO Box by USPS Priority Mail. 

12/30/2018  ROC package arrived & ready for pickup at Dallas PO Box at 7pm.

01/03/2019  Credit card transaction alert received at 7:10am authorizing charge of $680 to USCIS Dallas Lockbox

01/03/2019  Received text message from USCIS stating original receipt to follow in mail and a receipt number starting with MSC.

01/07/2019  Added receipt number to myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ and it shows case received and nothing to do at this time.

01/11/2019  Received US Postal Service Informed Delivery email at 8:20am showing incoming letter from USCIS.

01/11/2019  Received biometric appointment in the mail.  Biometric appointment is for 01/22/2019

01/14/2019  Completed walk-in biometric at Tampa Field Office.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, peanutismint said:

I spent a CRAZY amount of time on hold to the Knightsbridge doctors trying to schedule my visa medical today, first for 1 hour before being cut off, then nearly 2 hours before being cut off again, then over 2 hours a third and final time before being cut off AGAIN. Not sure why it's happening. Each time it told me I was like #24 in the queue and went down and down and the closest I got was to #5 before being cut off for some reason.... 😡😡😤

 

Is the visa medical place even open at the moment (with the holidays) or is their phone system just #######?! As it's 2019 I would've hoped I could schedule online or via email but nobody is answering their email address either.

 

I'm desperately trying to get an appointment for a week today when I have to go to London anyway to take my fiancé back to the airport, save me having to make two separate trips all the way to London (and then a third for the embassy interview!).

 

In short - this service sucks. What can I do about it? Just keep trying?! I've already wasted half a day on hold to them....

Refer to the thread below. In short I got through by calling at 9am on the dot! I was an hour on hold but at least it worked. 

 

I called them again this morning at 9 because I didn't receive their email confirmation, and it worked again. Got through after an hour on hold. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

As someone who has been through the K1 visa process and is from the UK.

 

The reason for the long wait times is due to the amount of people doing the K1, Also you need to understand that the London Medical center is the only one officially allowed to conduct medicals so people from Scotland, Ireland and everywhere in the UK have to go there. ( Also its that funny time between xmas and new years) by next week they will be back on track.

 

The staff are very professional and very nice, you just have to call every single day at different times, there are cancellations all the time due to people breaking up, having second thoughts on the VISA process etc. all different reasons so when you speak to them book in a date then call up everyday but do it first thing in the morning. They usually have cancellations. 

 

But honestly i would brace yourself because i was concentrating so hard on getting to the US. Once i arrived in the US everything was Great until it sinks in that you cannot work for months and the AOS process / EAD (work authorization) is the slowest and most painful process you will ever encounter in your life. (Its like being in prison)  Cant leave the US, Cant work,  Can only drive for the 90 days after entry after that you cant drive even if you pass and get your US license as you need to have valid status.

 

Long story short,  K1 is awful more expensive and if i could turn back the clock i would of done CR1, Same wait time as the K1,  Arrive in the US,  Get green card, SSN, and ability to work immediately. 

 

Edited by Gama

 

I-129F sent:  October 27th, 2017
I-129F NOA1: November 1st, 2017
I-129F NOA2: May 19th, 2018
NVC received (electronic case):  13-06-18
Case # assigned: 13-06-18
NVC left: 25-06-18
Consulate received: 07-06-18
Interview date: 23-07-18

Approved date:23-07-18

 

event.png


 

event.png

 

event.png

 

 

 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Country-specific thread is moved from the K-1 Process forum to the UK regional forum.


06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Apelcina said:

I don't see how his pertinent question about getting through to book a medical because he can't actually get through on the phone merits your response. Patience has nothing to do with it, he's already near the end of the process.

It's ok, I've been on this forum long enough to just ignore all the unhelpful know-it-alls 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

Probably has more to do more with the OP's posts about working illegally in the US while awaiting a green card and taking cruises to Hawaii.  Comes off as very entitled. 

I wish I had as much free time as you must  have to stalk me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gama said:

As someone who has been through the K1 visa process and is from the UK.

 

The reason for the long wait times is due to the amount of people doing the K1, Also you need to understand that the London Medical center is the only one officially allowed to conduct medicals so people from Scotland, Ireland and everywhere in the UK have to go there. ( Also its that funny time between xmas and new years) by next week they will be back on track.

 

The staff are very professional and very nice, you just have to call every single day at different times, there are cancellations all the time due to people breaking up, having second thoughts on the VISA process etc. all different reasons so when you speak to them book in a date then call up everyday but do it first thing in the morning. They usually have cancellations. 

 

But honestly i would brace yourself because i was concentrating so hard on getting to the US. Once i arrived in the US everything was Great until it sinks in that you cannot work for months and the AOS process / EAD (work authorization) is the slowest and most painful process you will ever encounter in your life. (Its like being in prison)  Cant leave the US, Cant work,  Can only drive for the 90 days after entry after that you cant drive even if you pass and get your US license as you need to have valid status.

 

Long story short,  K1 is awful more expensive and if i could turn back the clock i would of done CR1, Same wait time as the K1,  Arrive in the US,  Get green card, SSN, and ability to work immediately. 

 

Sounds like you've had a bad time of it! Yeah I'm not looking forward to that wait for work/parole either. The whole process is a pain in the ### (if this forum censors that word then I pity the mods) and pretending eveyeone should just suck it up and take it for what it is is incredibly British and makes me kind of embarrassed to be from the UK...! I mean obviously nobody's going to be like "it's too hard, I'm just going to not get married!" so while we're having to suffer through the process if we want to have a bit of a whinge about it then I think we're well within our rights! 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, peanutismint said:

Sounds like you've had a bad time of it! Yeah I'm not looking forward to that wait for work/parole either. The whole process is a pain in the ### (if this forum censors that word then I pity the mods) and pretending eveyeone should just suck it up and take it for what it is is incredibly British and makes me kind of embarrassed to be from the UK...! I mean obviously nobody's going to be like "it's too hard, I'm just going to not get married!" so while we're having to suffer through the process if we want to have a bit of a whinge about it then I think we're well within our rights! 😉

This cracked me up. I'm very impatient too (But I'm the American one so it makes sense for me to deal with problems like a truck driving through a swimming pool).  Five hour hold times only to be hung up on does seem a bit strange. Maybe try the "DMV standard" starting next week when the place will likely be more fully staffed and not still in 'vacation mode'. Middle of the week, middle of the day. Try to set some time aside on a Tuesday at like 10:15 and see if you get any further.

 

At least you know what your next step is . I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs in Administrative Processing ready to explode.

Edited by NearEthereal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would try calling around 11am, that seemed to be there less busier time when i booked mine last year! Not sure if things have changed but worth a shot


K1 Fiance Visa Journey - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

 

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star:
6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was receieved':thumbs:


7d400aa4e785c26df32bd2319d06010f--silhouette-projects-silhouette-cameo.jpg.84a65536a826a536fbd174dc7da956b0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×