dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2019

612 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Ghana
Timeline

2 minutes ago, catmonkey said:

So, after looking at the FAQ (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/step-2-pay-fees.html), it says that my first step was to "Choose An Agent".   Step 2 is to "Pay Fees".  

I just paid the fees.  I guess they will receive the money in a day or two from the bank.  But ummm, I don't ever remember "Choosing an Agent".   LOL, what's that about?

If you want a lawyer or 3rd party on the case otherwise you are the agent.

Edited by josie125

Filed: IR-2 Country: Ghana
Timeline
46 minutes ago, catmonkey said:

I guess I belong in this thread now.  

The NVC received my approved I-130 Petition in late November, and today I received an email from the NVC giving me my NVC case number.  

When did NVC receive your case? Mine was received in November 21st and I still haven't gotten my case number. 

Edited by josie125

Timeline

Hello all,

So currently i'm waiting for some finances to come in, and then I will pay the NVC the Fees (for the 2 things: 1. Affidavit of Support  2. DS260) tomorrow or Wednesday. And then apparently it's going to take 2-3 more days for them to receive the payment. 

So, I have about a week of waiting time here. I'm just wondering if there is something I can do right now to get ready (I don't know...like my spouse can get her police or health records or whatever ready - which could take a while in her country lol), so that I can have everything ready ASAP when the time comes?

1 minute ago, catmonkey said:

Hello all,

So currently i'm waiting for some finances to come in, and then I will pay the NVC the Fees (for the 2 things: 1. Affidavit of Support  2. DS260) tomorrow or Wednesday. And then apparently it's going to take 2-3 more days for them to receive the payment. 

So, I have about a week of waiting time here. I'm just wondering if there is something I can do right now to get ready (I don't know...like my spouse can get her police or health records or whatever ready - which could take a while in her country lol), so that I can have everything ready ASAP when the time comes?

Do you have police clearance certificate for her?

6 hours ago, G502 said:

NvC asked to submit tax transcripts, I emailed them that IRS is closed, they sent me a message telling me to resubmit my income tax and w2 will see if they review and accept them

They called NVC and said that I would really be needing to send IRS. Its really frustrating, the fact that everything is already accepted including W2. How are we suppose to produce such document when the IRS website is not available. Its been a long waiting time. 😞 

22 minutes ago, Eli4 said:

And why they send this message. My husband already send it to them 🙁

C3310AD7-11B1-4541-8C95-DA92BA78AE0F.jpeg

I feel you, they already accepted my sponsor's W2 and still they want IRS. And we couldnt send yet because the IrS website isnt available of course.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.