2,003 posts in this topic

On 12/23/2019 at 10:50 PM, mseck8688 said:

i am not going to apply for citizenship double filing double headaches i will wait my   approval first  year green card on hand first and keep on moving  

11 month i ve been waiting silence radio i  dont know whats happening 

if my file is lost  ?????

Hey mate, please don't worry. I would assume you might hear about your application very soon. Have you received your NOA? If not, mine also was not sent out due to some reason and I had to call them to have it sent to me. Also, I suggest that you go ahead apply for naturalization if you are planning to which will speed up your I-751 process (I think).

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
1 minute ago, thetrademark said:

Hey mate, please don't worry. I would assume you might hear about your application very soon. Have you received your NOA? If not, mine also was not sent out due to some reason and I had to call them to have it sent to me. Also, I suggest that you go ahead apply for naturalization if you are planning to which will speed up your I-751 process (I think).

i receive all noa extension letter did my biometric and 10 month silence radio i am drained out and tired checking the processing time 

9 hours ago, Cryssiekins said:

Filing for citizenship is a personal choice, but if you eventually want to, it makes sense to do it sooner rather than later.  Double the headaches!?  What!?  Seriously - find a hobby that isn’t checking USCIS every day, and maybe that will help.  No part of this journey is fast.  FYI there may be potential fee increases to the N400 so perhaps rethink, otherwise I’ve got $5 predicting you’ll start numerous threads whining about how much money it cost since you delayed.

Citizenship decisions can be very personal and case by cases. Some might have higher expected income from parents in home country (i.e: inheritance), where having US citizenship will play unfavorable (or favorably depending on your country of origin and its taxation laws).

In fact, ever since FATCA (Foreign Account and Tax Compliance Act) has been introduced, the trend is, in general, that increased numbers of US citizenship renunciation, DS 4080, Oath/Affirmation of Renunciation of Nationality of United States, has been observed to best take advantage of tax laws. 

It is also interesting to think about that US DOS does not approve DS 4080, if there is due balance to pay IRS. In other words, it is not easy to give up US citizenship if there is remaining balance to IRS, not to mention, it is also not easy to obtain US citizenship. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, H-M said:

Update: Finally case status changed today to "New Card Is Being Produced". A great start to 2020!!!

LIN Filer (Nebraska Service Center).  I-751 Receive date: Jan 9, 2019. No RFE, No Interview 

See signature for detailed timeline.

Good luck to everyone!!

Congrats! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Happy new year to all you guys.

I'm going to apply for N400 process next week. My question is when I upload documents online do I need to add notes to each file for identification purposes because in USCIS online system apart from Tax return, birth certificate of child , marraige certificate and green card, there is no separate tab for additional supporting evidence like lease, insurance, finance cominglings, family pictures etc.

Please advise?

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Charming12 said:

I'm going to apply for N400 process next week. My question is when I upload documents online do I need to add notes to each file for identification purposes because in USCIS online system apart from Tax return, birth certificate of child , marraige certificate and green card, there is no separate tab for additional supporting evidence like lease, insurance, finance cominglings, family pictures etc.

Please advise?

I think the additional supporting documents (leases, insurance, bank statements etc) are to be brought to the interview.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
10 hours ago, Cryssiekins said:

I think the additional supporting documents (leases, insurance, bank statements etc) are to be brought to the interview.  

Thats what I figured as well then what supporting documents do we need to add on?

Timeline
6 hours ago, Charming12 said:

Thats what I figured as well then what supporting documents do we need to add on?

My guess is the same as the i751, just with an update to current (ie. bank statements since the submission of the i751)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 1/2/2020 at 2:38 PM, H-M said:

Update: Finally case status changed today to "New Card Is Being Produced". A great start to 2020!!!

LIN Filer (Nebraska Service Center).  I-751 Receive date: Jan 9, 2019. No RFE, No Interview 

See signature for detailed timeline.

Good luck to everyone!!

Congratulations! I have a question, did your case got transferred prior to approval? 

On 1/2/2020 at 9:36 PM, Charming12 said:

Please advise?

There is a slot for additional information at the end of the application. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, Nathpuria said:

Congratulations! I have a question, did your case got transferred prior to approval? 

No transfer

N-400 timeline:

Spoiler

5/9/2022: N-400 Received by USCIS

5/9/2022: Biometric Reuse Notice

7/5/2022: Received Interview Scheduled Notice

8/12/2022: Interview @ Cincinnati Field Office, Approved same-day

9/9/2022: Completed Oath Ceremony

ROC timeline:

Spoiler

01/06/2019: 90-day ROC filing window open

01/07/2019: Sent I-751 petition to USCIS Dallas Lockbox via USPS 2-day Priority Mail

01/09/2019: ROC package delivered by USPS to PO Box

01/14/2019: Received USCIS text message with receipt number starting with LIN-xxxxxxx

01/15/2019: Check cashed, Added receipt# to USCIS account (myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov), Current Status: "We received your case, You do not need to do anything at this time"

02/14/2019: Submitted e-request for non-delivery of receipt notice

02/28/2019: Received e-request response. Receipt notice was never initially sent and we should receive it in 10-14 business days

03/04/2019: Received original NOA1 letter with 18 month extension

08/09/2019: Received biometrics appointment letter, scheduled for Aug 19

08/14/2019: Completed early walk-in biometrics appointment on Aug 13, Status changed on myUSCIS site to "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

01/02/2020: Case status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

01/03/2020: Case status updated to "Case Was Approved"

01/06/2020: Received I-751 Approval Notice in the mail 

01/09/2020: Received 10yr Green Card in the mail

I-751 ROC Package Contents, Assembly & Photos:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/693181-i-751-january-2019-filers/?do=findComment&comment=9522611

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/693181-i-751-january-2019-filers/?do=findComment&comment=9522687

AOS timeline:

Spoiler

12/21/2015: I-485 Received by USCIS

12/24/2015: I-485 NOA date

02/26/2016: Biometrics Appointment

04/04/2017: Interview @ Louisville Field Office

04/06/2017: I-485 Approved

04/12/2017: GC Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.