Iwisheveryoneluck

How to Withdraw K-1 Visa After Visa is On Hand?

36 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, icanbenobody said:

@NeustraUnion i didnt had a chance to get a popcorn but instead i had coffee and bread 😂😂

Filipino snack!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
22 hours ago, Iwisheveryoneluck said:

I fully understand that if nothing happens 90 days after POE, a person would be here "illegally". 

According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, a petitioner can terminate a family-based visa petition such as a fiance visa even if it is already approved before the alien fiance is admitted into the country. https://legalbeagle.com/6587811-cancel-approved-fiance-visa.html

Called NVC and a very helpful gentleman said that since Embassy has already processed it and issued a visa, it's out of their hand now. I would need to call USCIS and ask them. I'll call them tomorrow and see what they'll say. 

In my opinion if truly you have moved why not just let it go. Everything they do with that VISA will be on their head, The visa is useless with you not having anything to do with them again. As far as i know, USCIS will not go to the beneficiary house and remove the visa from their passport neither will they cancel it, you authorized them to give that visa and had the right to cancel up until it was given to them. You have nothing to loose here plus i don't think someone with their right sense will proceed to travel knowing full well that they will be illegal in some few months

Edited by kemm360
Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Raleigh NC
Date Filed : 2020-10-03
NOA Date : 2020-10-03
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  
Comments : INA 328 and 329 [ Military ] 

Timeline

Immediately contact Embassy and cancel the visa. I don't know why people think once issued you can't do anything. I have seen beneficiary's get on plane and turned around at POE because Petitioner contacted the embassy to get Visa Cancel. It happens you just have to be fast about it.

@kemm360 Many people will find any means necessary to get here. Her being illegal is of no matter. All she needs to do is get here and find someone to marry her. Millions live life here illegal doesn't seem to be a big deal to them.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline
36 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

Immediately contact Embassy and cancel the visa. I don't know why people think once issued you can't do anything. I have seen beneficiary's get on plane and turned around at POE because Petitioner contacted the embassy to get Visa Cancel. It happens you just have to be fast about it.

@kemm360 Many people will find any means necessary to get here. Her being illegal is of no matter. All she needs to do is get here and find someone to marry her. Millions live life here illegal doesn't seem to be a big deal to them.

Wow that is scary. But you do know that even if they come here on that visa get married to another USC they are still not eligible to change status, right?

Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Raleigh NC
Date Filed : 2020-10-03
NOA Date : 2020-10-03
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  
Comments : INA 328 and 329 [ Military ] 

2 minutes ago, kemm360 said:

Wow that is scary. But you do know that even if they come here on that visa get married to another USC they are still not eligible to change status, right?

Correct.

But they can get another visa upon returning home. It would be full of scrutiny....but is possible.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.