Don_aka_Arturo

Colombia Guide?Fiance K1 - Bogota - @141 days - any guides?

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Valmabe said:

A notarize copy, the one you get from the notary/register office, where the birth was registered. in other words you must go the notary/register office and request a copy of the birth certificate.

My fiance was born in Maicao!! Lol maybe there is a way he can recieved a notarized copy in Bogota?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
10 hours ago, Marcela Palomino said:

Is it true that Colombian beneficiaries only get packet 3 through email (not physical mail)? How do we request for it? 

I've read that some people do, we didn't. We just sent an e-mail to the embassy, when we got our case number, asking for instructions on how to proceed, the embassy reply with a lot of information and several links, one of them was the instructions file with docs requiered for interview. I'll suggest to just send the e-mail to get the information, we got the reply on the same day.

®️

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Valmabe said:

I've read that some people do, we didn't. We just sent an e-mail to the embassy, when we got our case number, asking for instructions on how to proceed, the embassy reply with a lot of information and several links, one of them was the instructions file with docs requiered for interview. I'll suggest to just send the e-mail to get the information, we got the reply on the same day.

This aligns with my wife's experience with a CR1 visa from the Colombia embassy 5 yrs ago. In the case of a CR1 visa, it's "Packet 4" and instead of sending any kind of package, they send an email and long attached letter with all of the directions. The subject included the letters "P4" which I believe is short for packet 4. They sent this email/letter exactly one month before her interview. Good luck.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Timeline
3 hours ago, Valmabe said:

I got an email with a bunch of links, don't really understand it =(

Timeline
20 hours ago, Marcela Palomino said:

I got an email with a bunch of links, don't really understand it =(

Yes, it`s a lot of reading but the information you get is very easy not complicated, you can ask your fiance to help you out if something is not clear enough. Good luck.

®️

Timeline
8 hours ago, Valmabe said:

Yes, it`s a lot of reading but the information you get is very easy not complicated, you can ask your fiance to help you out if something is not clear enough. Good luck.

Those don't seem instructions I think is just automatic reply, I'll wait the instruction

Timeline
15 hours ago, Marcela Palomino said:

Those don't seem instructions I think is just automatic reply, I'll wait the instruction

Oh I see, maybe you got a different reply than ours and like many people say here every case is different. Good luck hope you get your instructions soon.

®️

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 1/25/2019 at 5:39 PM, Valmabe said:

No attachment on the reply e-email, just information and links. I sent the email once our fíe was "At Embassy" stage. I got the reply on the same day.

Just out of curiosity, your packet has any other information that the one in the link you just posted?

Was that the auto reply email? 

• 4 months later...

Hello,

So I recieved a call from someone at the embassy in Bogota on May 31st confirming that they received our case from NVC and would be sending our Interview packet to my fiances email once it was finished processing. Its been 3 weeks since the call and we have yet to receive anything.

Does anyone know how long it typically takes to recieve the packet? I dont want to be wasting time but I dont know how to proceed without the packet. Are there any steps I can be taking without the packet so as not to delay our case further? 

Any suggestions or insight would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance 

Hilary 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
54 minutes ago, hilarygrace9 said:

Hola,

Así que recibí una llamada de alguien en la embajada en Bogotá el 31 de mayo confirmando que habían recibido nuestro caso de  NVC  y que enviarían nuestro paquete de entrevista a mi correo electrónico de fiances una vez que terminara de procesarse. Han pasado 3 semanas desde la convocatoria y aún no hemos recibido nada.

¿Alguien sabe cuánto tiempo suele tardar en recibir el paquete? No quiero perder el tiempo pero no sé cómo proceder sin el paquete. ¿Hay algún paso que pueda tomar sin el paquete para no demorar más nuestro caso? 

Cualquier sugerencia o visión sería muy apreciada !! Gracias por adelantado 

Hilary 

Envia un e-mail solicitando informacion a IVbogota@state.gov coloca tu numero de caso y nombre completo.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A post advertising outside websites has been removed.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.