Jump to content
Liflead

Correct USCIS website? -> I-129F

11 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

I am the beneficiary and the question is regarding I-129F petition.

 

On "my.uscis.gov" website it says "On July 06, 2018, we received your Form I-129F ......"

 

On "egov.uscis.gov" website it says "On July 2, 2018, we received your Form I-129F....."

 

Both the websites say they are official USCIS websites but are displaying different date for the same receipt number of the I-129F petition.

 

Which one is the correct website?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both.
The Earlier one is the "Old' Website, the July 6th is the New website. Both are correct, BUT :
for some people only old updates

for some only new one does

for some both

for some neither and first they receive a letter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, PaulMac said:

Both.
The Earlier one is the "Old' Website, the July 6th is the New website. Both are correct, BUT :
for some people only old updates

for some only new one does

for some both

for some neither and first they receive a letter. 

additional to this :

old site:

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

 

New site u have to creat an account:

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

 

You should check both u never know which one they are going to update!!!


04/04/18  - Mailed I-129F

04/06/18 -  NOA1 notice date email/text

10/18/18 -  RFE notification

10/22/18 -  RFE received in mail

11/01/18 -  RFE sent to USCIS

11/06/18 -  RFE received by USCIS

11/14/18 -  NOA2

11/27/18 - NVC Received

12/12/18 - NVC Case number

01/8/19 - Scheduled interview-APPROVED

01/21/19 - POE! 

 

Your absence has not taught me how to be alone; it has merely shown me that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall.

Ky-G team ❤️

When you walk awayI count the steps that you take

 

age.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PaulMac said:

Both.
The Earlier one is the "Old' Website, the July 6th is the New website. Both are correct, BUT :
for some people only old updates

for some only new one does

for some both

for some neither and first they receive a letter. 

They both are giving two different dates for the same receipt number. I don't understand how both can be correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Kyle&Ana said:

additional to this :

old site:

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

 

New site u have to creat an account:

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

 

You should check both u never know which one they are going to update!!!

Yes, I created an account on the new website and that gives me the 6th July date.

 

When I had sent the parcel, I received an SMS from DHL that my package has been delivered on 02-Jul but we received our Receipt number on 09-Jul so I am confused of this 06-Jul date.

 

I am guessing that the lockbox received it on 02-Jul and they must have sent to USCIS on 06-Jul after sorting and the USCIS must have allocated our petions to CSC on 09-Jul. 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Liflead said:

They both are giving two different dates for the same receipt number. I don't understand how both can be correct.

When the petitioner got his or her paper NOA1, there was a 'received date' (when it got to the lockbox) and a 'notice date' (when it got to the California Service Center). Those usually correspond to the 'old site' and 'new site' dates, respectively. But it really doesn't matter a lot; there's always more than one week's variance among cases from the same date, and it's a few days in an over five month wait.


K-1

NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16

Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03

Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28

Interview date: 2019-02-14

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

When the petitioner got his or her paper NOA1, there was a 'received date' (when it got to the lockbox) and a 'notice date' (when it got to the California Service Center). Those usually correspond to the 'old site' and 'new site' dates, respectively. But it really doesn't matter a lot; there's always more than one week's variance among cases from the same date, and it's a few days in an over five month wait.

U r right. The 2nd and 9th July is mentioned in the NOA1 but nowhere the 6th July appears.

 

It's kinda funny that both are official website but shows different data. 🙄😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Liflead said:

U r right. The 2nd and 9th July is mentioned in the NOA1 but nowhere the 6th July appears.

 

It's kinda funny that both are official website but shows different data. 🙄😂

We were talking about it in August thread. For some people "new" site doesn't even show date at all. But case name is still there. I just go by paper I-797C. 

 

i-797C_censored_ed.png.d777be924509fd41558f73e061121dce.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Shiran said:

We were talking about it in August thread. For some people "new" site doesn't even show date at all. But case name is still there. I just go by paper I-797C. 

 

i-797C_censored_ed.png.d777be924509fd41558f73e061121dce.png

Agree, for me its exactly what you said, i do not have any date on the NEW site but shows my case number and my petition is received and nothing for me to do at this time.  but i do have a text message.  I dont have my paper yet, should be here soooon.  however, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×