Liflead

Correct USCIS website? -> I-129F

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

Hi,

I am the beneficiary and the question is regarding I-129F petition.

On "my.uscis.gov" website it says "On July 06, 2018, we received your Form I-129F ......"

On "egov.uscis.gov" website it says "On July 2, 2018, we received your Form I-129F....."

Both the websites say they are official USCIS websites but are displaying different date for the same receipt number of the I-129F petition.

Which one is the correct website?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

Both.
The Earlier one is the "Old' Website, the July 6th is the New website. Both are correct, BUT :
for some people only old updates

for some only new one does

for some both

for some neither and first they receive a letter. 

39 minutes ago, PaulMac said:

Both.
The Earlier one is the "Old' Website, the July 6th is the New website. Both are correct, BUT :

for some both

additional to this :

old site:

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

New site u have to creat an account:

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

You should check both u never know which one they are going to update!!!

04/04/18  - Mailed I-129F

04/06/18 -  NOA1 notice date email/text

10/18/18 -  RFE notification

10/22/18 -  RFE received in mail

11/01/18 -  RFE sent to USCIS

11/06/18 -  RFE received by USCIS

11/14/18 -  NOA2

11/27/18 - NVC Received

12/12/18 - NVC Case number

01/8/19 - Scheduled interview-APPROVED

01/21/19 - POE! 

Your absence has not taught me how to be alone; it has merely shown me that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall.

Ky-G team ❤️

When you walk awayI count the steps that you take

age.png

Timeline
1 hour ago, PaulMac said:

Both.

for some both

They both are giving two different dates for the same receipt number. I don't understand how both can be correct.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Likely one is received by the Texas lockbox,  the other is received by the service center.   In the end, it's much ado about nothing 

YMMV

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Kyle&Ana said:

additional to this :

old site:

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

New site u have to creat an account:

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

You should check both u never know which one they are going to update!!!

Yes, I created an account on the new website and that gives me the 6th July date.

When I had sent the parcel, I received an SMS from DHL that my package has been delivered on 02-Jul but we received our Receipt number on 09-Jul so I am confused of this 06-Jul date.

I am guessing that the lockbox received it on 02-Jul and they must have sent to USCIS on 06-Jul after sorting and the USCIS must have allocated our petions to CSC on 09-Jul. 🤔

Timeline
5 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Likely one is received by the Texas lockbox,  the other is received by the service center.   In the end, it's much ado about nothing 

I am guessing the same. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Liflead said:

They both are giving two different dates for the same receipt number. I don't understand how both can be correct.

When the petitioner got his or her paper NOA1, there was a 'received date' (when it got to the lockbox) and a 'notice date' (when it got to the California Service Center). Those usually correspond to the 'old site' and 'new site' dates, respectively. But it really doesn't matter a lot; there's always more than one week's variance among cases from the same date, and it's a few days in an over five month wait.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Timeline
1 minute ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

When the petitioner got his or her paper NOA1, there was a 'received date' (when it got to the lockbox) and a 'notice date' (when it got to the California Service Center). Those usually correspond to the 'old site' and 'new site' dates, respectively. But it really doesn't matter a lot; there's always more than one week's variance among cases from the same date, and it's a few days in an over five month wait.

U r right. The 2nd and 9th July is mentioned in the NOA1 but nowhere the 6th July appears.

It's kinda funny that both are official website but shows different data. 🙄😂

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, Liflead said:

U r right. The 2nd and 9th July is mentioned in the NOA1 but nowhere the 6th July appears.

It's kinda funny that both are official website but shows different data. 🙄😂

We were talking about it in August thread. For some people "new" site doesn't even show date at all. But case name is still there. I just go by paper I-797C. 

i-797C_censored_ed.png.d777be924509fd41558f73e061121dce.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
15 hours ago, Shiran said:

We were talking about it in August thread. For some people "new" site doesn't even show date at all. But case name is still there. I just go by paper I-797C. 

i-797C_censored_ed.png.d777be924509fd41558f73e061121dce.png

Agree, for me its exactly what you said, i do not have any date on the NEW site but shows my case number and my petition is received and nothing for me to do at this time.  but i do have a text message.  I dont have my paper yet, should be here soooon.  however, 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.