moreadore

In Administrative Processing for 3 weeks now

52 posts in this topic

I guess my question is, will the person ever know what the reasoning is? If bona fied relationship has been proven, and if the case is refused or sent back to USCIS will they tell the person exactly when or why? Would they then have to provide a 212 with more info?  If not, and the person decides to go the C-1 route, how will they know what failed to convince the consulate and how to get a positive result next time? How can a person prove an unknown negative?

I'm sorry, I really expected to wake up this morning to Issued, and I'm starting to freak out, and it's only been 3 holiday spattered weeks. I can't imagine what you're going through.

Edited by NearEthereal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
On 1/3/2019 at 8:41 PM, NearEthereal said:

My glaring question is why would they still hold onto your passport if they didn't expect it to be resolvable though? If their intend was something like sending it back to USCIS to die, why wouldn't they just mail him his passport back? I still think they're intending to give you the visa. Maybe some weird random thing popped up on his name check. Do he and his father /uncle /anyone in his family share a name and did they ever get into any trouble at any point? It could be something as stupid as that.

The guy talking to you at interview had not run Security checks when he sends you on your way. Everything appears fine so you get the standard 10 days speech and they keep the passport.  But now you have an unknown hold up getting the final clearance. There are databases like Mantis or Condor to clear.  If there had been some giant issue in your interview over medical, relationship, or criminal record, they would have told you. It takes time to get the final clearance through security databases.  It will happen so planning another visa at this point is probably premature. 

Edited by Wuozopo

And here I thought reserving  wedding ceremony venue for a post court wedding Ceremony in 2020 was a 'safe bet'. I feel sort of silly now and feel like this is going to take years 😕. It's probably me just being silly. @OP I really really hope it goes by quick for you. I wonder if the government offices that handle "Condor" or "Mantis" checks are even open right now. I feel like once the government is in full swing again these should fly :) GL.

5 hours ago, NearEthereal said:

I guess my question is, will the person ever know what the reasoning is? If bona fied relationship has been proven, and if the case is refused or sent back to USCIS will they tell the person exactly when or why? Would they then have to provide a 212 with more info?  If not, and the person decides to go the C-1 route, how will they know what failed to convince the consulate and how to get a positive result next time? How can a person prove an unknown negative?

I'm sorry, I really expected to wake up this morning to Issued, and I'm starting to freak out, and it's only been 3 holiday spattered weeks. I can't imagine what you're going through.

We are almost at 60 days post interview/last update (End of next week). So that's what I am looking forward to.. A legitimate inquiry/update that hopefully ends the AP or gives us some insight. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Please do anyone know if this US govt shutdown will affect the administrative process? I had my interview on 11 dec 2018 in Naples consulate Italy and my interview wasn’t bad and they have my passport which some say it’s a good sign but I’m Nigerian who married my wife in Italy who is also Nigerian and USC. Is that also reason for AP? Please help 

thank u God bless

Timeline
11 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

The guy talking to you at interview had not run Security checks when he sends you on your way. Everything appears fine so you get the standard 10 days speech and they keep the passport.  But now you have an unknown hold up getting the final clearance. There are databases like Mantis or Condor to clear.  If there had been some giant issue in your interview over medical, relationship, or criminal record, they would have told you. It takes time to get the final clearance through security databases.  It will happen so planning another visa at this point is probably premature. 

Please sir if I may ask what’s Mantis and Condor? 

18 hours ago, Jerooz said:

Please do anyone know if this US govt shutdown will affect the administrative process? I had my interview on 11 dec 2018 in Naples consulate Italy and my interview wasn’t bad and they have my passport which some say it’s a good sign but I’m Nigerian who married my wife in Italy who is also Nigerian and USC. Is that also reason for AP? Please help 

thank u God bless

This is the UK forum so you might be better placed posting in your country's specific forum, as processes vary per consulate.

The government shutdown should not affect processing of petitions or visa applications since these are primarily funded by fees. Providing that the consulate, DOS and USCIS still have sufficient funding from fees, it should be business as usual. Unfortunately it is not possible to determine the reason that your application is in Administrative Processing, unless you are issued with a form (e.g. a 221(g)) explaining why, for example missing documents. Were you issued with a form following your interview? Were you told at the interview that your application is provisionally approved?

Timeline
3 hours ago, coltr said:

This is the UK forum so you might be better placed posting in your country's specific forum, as processes vary per consulate.

The government shutdown should not affect processing of petitions or visa applications since these are primarily funded by fees. Providing that the consulate, DOS and USCIS still have sufficient funding from fees, it should be business as usual. Unfortunately it is not possible to determine the reason that your application is in Administrative Processing, unless you are issued with a form (e.g. a 221(g)) explaining why, for example missing documents. Were you issued with a form following your interview? Were you told at the interview that your application is provisionally approved?

Thanks coltr I’m sorry for posting here cos I’m new on this...she didn’t say approve but that my visa will be delivered by mail and handed me the form 221g and said I should fill ds5535 and send back to them which I did the next day but been on AP ever since with 2 updates 

thanks I should find the proper forum on Naples consulate 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, moreadore said:

After two whole months (exactly 60 days) since the interview, we've been issued. 😍 

Why did it eventually take them so long? Any particular reason??

Congratulations! 💐 when are you travelling? 🙃

3 minutes ago, theafons said:

We'll never truly know maybe this whole wait was because we said our travel date was after new year or maybe it was because of all the reasons I posted over in my AP thread over the last two months. We  will never truly know but just to be safe when they ask for the travel date say as soon as possible 😝

7 minutes ago, theafons said:

And our travel date wont be officially known until the visa is in hand but we are expecting first week of February so long as tickets aren't outrageous. 

On 1/15/2019 at 9:28 PM, moreadore said:

We'll never truly know maybe this whole wait was because we said our travel date was after new year or maybe it was because of all the reasons I posted over in my AP thread over the last two months. We  will never truly know but just to be safe when they ask for the travel date say as soon as possible 😝

I said February. Doh!!

Late 2016: Met playing Clash of Kings the West

Feb 2017: Started online "dating"

May 2017: Met in Orlando

July 2017: Arkansas and Seminole (1 night) visit

October 2017: Washington DC visit.

December 2017: Seminole OKC home visit and Amanda  met Chayne's kids and dad.

January 2018:  York England visit Chayne met Amanda's son.

April 2018: London/Paris/York visit we got engaged on April 6th!!

April 19th 2018: packet sent

April 23rd 2018: USPS say packet signed for.

April 25th 2018: Electronic NOA1 received 

April 26th 2018: Cheque Cashed

April 30th 2018: hard copy NOA1 received

June 2018: Seminole visit, Amanda met Chayne's  adult son

event.png

10 hours ago, AmandaandChayne said:

I said February. Doh!!

Your case really isn't that bad. You actually have case updates and you've seen your status change multiple times over the last week or so. Even though the embassy emailed us last week and told us our visa was issued (we wanted to tell them the new US address since I moved.. trying to be proactive and honest). They said the visa was issued, don't worry about it. Still says AP no updated even when responding to us since Nov 19th. 😪

Edited by moreadore

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.