moreadore

In Administrative Processing for 3 weeks now

52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I hope it moves more quickly for you. London always moves so quick, especially after the Interview. It could just be because of Thanksgiving and people taking time off. Soak all of the UK in I guess. I miss it terribly and I've only been here 2 months. Good luck :) 

Hi! I wanted to wish you the best of luck in getting out of the AP hole quickly. We just had our interview on Friday and got put on Additional Administrative Processing (we were handed the 221(g) slip for it but the passport was kept and we were told we'd hear in 7-10 days). The lady didn't give any hint as to what it could be about either. I think that's the most frustrating part of the whole thing, but I hope you guys get out of it soon! Keep us posted!

16 hours ago, NearEthereal said:

Hi! I wanted to wish you the best of luck in getting out of the AP hole quickly. We just had our interview on Friday and got put on Additional Administrative Processing (we were handed the 221(g) slip for it but the passport was kept and we were told we'd hear in 7-10 days). The lady didn't give any hint as to what it could be about either. I think that's the most frustrating part of the whole thing, but I hope you guys get out of it soon! Keep us posted!

Ugh that sucks. We didn't get any form just a little card that says 7-10 days for passport return. It is so frustrating to sit back and wait. As much as I wish this would be cleared up before the holidays I think I just have to accept it and let it be. Hoping your case processes quickly. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2018 at 2:22 PM, moreadore said:

Ugh that sucks. We didn't get any form just a little card that says 7-10 days for passport return. It is so frustrating to sit back and wait. As much as I wish this would be cleared up before the holidays I think I just have to accept it and let it be. Hoping your case processes quickly. 

Any updates?

2 hours ago, NearEthereal said:

Any updates?

None at all. We were patiently waiting for both my Congressman and Senator to respond back (they've both made inquiries) but I am certain that is also on hold with the govt shutdown. Still not been touched since Nov 19th. Honestly giving up checking CEAC until Jan 19th (60 days) and we'll make another inquiry at that time. 

1 minute ago, moreadore said:

None at all. We were patiently waiting for both my Congressman and Senator to respond back (they've both made inquiries) but I am certain that is also on hold with the govt shutdown. Still not been touched since Nov 19th. Honestly giving up checking CEAC until Jan 19th (60 days) and we'll make another inquiry at that time. 

And they still have your passport?

13 hours ago, NearEthereal said:

And they still have your passport?

Yes, they took it at interview and said approved. Have not heard anything from the embassy except the one email some weeks ago asking why we were in AP... just a generic response of additional time needed etc.

5 hours ago, moreadore said:

Yes, they took it at interview and said approved. Have not heard anything from the embassy except the one email some weeks ago asking why we were in AP... just a generic response of additional time needed etc.

I just sent a letter to the embassy yesterday and received the same generic response email. At least they didn't say it was refused or being sent back to USCIS or something.. 😕 still, this is pretty infuriating. I feel like my whole life is on hold here. At least the NOA1-2 I knew it was going to be forever. I thought this was supposed to be the last quick hurtle.

I wouldn't call this an update but the tone of that response from London doesn't seem too thrilling. "As the application will remain refused unless we contact..." Just kinda like #######? What does that even mean... At this point I don't want to keep waiting in a blackhole, no 221g, no requests, but they have his passport. 

49338677_288305802032204_5793188314185990144_n.jpg

That's sort of different from what we got. I'm not sure if it's because your senator sent it on your behalf. Ours read like this:

Thank you for your email.

Mr. [NAME]’s application is being processed. The average timeframe for an immigrant visa application is 7-10 working days plus a further 1- 2 days for delivery. However, as processing varies in every case, timescales are given for guidance only. This is one reason why we caution applicants against booking tickets, relinquishing property or resigning from employment until they have received their passport containing a valid U.S. visa appropriate for their purpose of travel.

As soon as visa processing is complete and delivery arrangements have been made, Mr. [NAME] can expect the courier service to email him with information about how to track the delivery of his passport. 

Sincerely,

---

My glaring question is why would they still hold onto your passport if they didn't expect it to be resolvable though? If their intend was something like sending it back to USCIS to die, why wouldn't they just mail him his passport back? I still think they're intending to give you the visa. Maybe some weird random thing popped up on his name check. Do he and his father /uncle /anyone in his family share a name and did they ever get into any trouble at any point? It could be something as stupid as that.

Edited by NearEthereal

2 minutes ago, NearEthereal said:

My glaring question is why would they still hold onto your passport if they didn't expect it to be resolvable though? If their intend was something like sending it back to USCIS to die, why wouldn't they just mail him his passport back? I still think they're intending to give you the visa. Maybe some weird random thing popped up on his name check. Do he and his father /uncle /anyone in his family share a name and did they ever get into any trouble at any point? It could be something as stupid as that.

This is something we've been trying to figure out as well. It's obviously nothing to do with the interview itself. I was present with him and it was our 3rd visit in 12 months.  

I wish they could say either way what the delay is.. his father was born in Jamaica if that's the problem I wish they would ask us for his birth cert and naturalization forms. My fiance has a child with unknown whereabouts. Maybe they're trying to confirm he has no outstanding support orders or custody agreements (though they also listed the child on the embassy letter and at the appointment despite us not filing a k2 but simply listing him on the original 129f as required). Hes never lived anywhere outside the UK. He does 3d motion design/marketing/VR video game work... could they have mistakenly labeled him as one of those sensitive tech fields? My fiance also doesnt have a middle name and there was someone on the FBI most wanted list for robbing banks with his last name... so maybe that's why? Maybe its because I stupidly added a screenshot of his whatsapp name being "husband" before we knew the USCIS could deny for this (though they didnt)... I mean I could go on and on and keep picking apart all the little things and that's what makes AP so god awful is that it will always be unknown. But at the end of the day, the interview was successful and we didnt get a 221g so we aren't missing any documents. :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.