moreadore

In Administrative Processing for 3 weeks now

52 posts in this topic

I swear 7 months between NOA1 and NOA2 feels like nothing to this..we just want his visa in hand so we can finalize everything with his work notice and having a solid move date.  

Are we really the unlucky ones who get stuck on a dusty shelf somewhere and forgotten for 6 weeks?..*sigh* As far as I can tell on the embassy website they don't take calls or emails for status updates (please, I beg you correct me if I am wrong I need an update). 

Our case has not been touched or changed or updated once following the interview.  It has said non immigrant at the top since creation date (interview 16th, creation 19th). Another thing we are worried about is that it says 01 at the end and we think it is because there was an issue where the DS-160 application assumed his child was also seeking a visa which is not the case and was not present at the interview and was only briefly mentioned that that was an error, the whole application was only for my fiance. 

Please help explain or squash fears we were really hoping to see the visa in hand this week so we could buy the plane ticket and everything seeing how everyone else is getting their visa back in 5-7 days it seems... or at least having the status changed and touch. 😔

47163749_1422273501239873_7727238003407454208_n.jpg

These were our online updates from after the interview until his visa shipped. He was also at the london embassy. I'm not sure if they take calls or not but they might. I hope this timeline might help. 

Under administrative review (approved) pending the medical (which had not arrived at the embassy even though we made our appointment for 5 business days after the medical as suggested). 

Our case status on CEAC since the interview has been as follows: 
5/16/18: 
-Administrative Processing
-Ready

5/17/18
-Application Received
- Non-Immigrant Visa Application Received
- Non-Immigrant Visa Administrative Processing

5/18/18
- Non-immigrant Visa "Issued"

5/22/18
We received an email from the DOS giving us our tracking number. When I tracked our package with the courier the courier stated that our documents will be delivered on 5/23/18

The non immigrant visa stuff is usually a good sign. It's when it doesn't changed from immigrant visa that their might be problems. What was your status on the website between the 16th and the 19th? Was it immigrant visa? Also, can you elaborate on the mistake on the DS160? Did he accidentally check off that he was immigrating with a child? What did the interview specifically say? Did you get a verbal approval? Hang in there ❤️

K-1 VISA

I129F Sent: 08/23/2017

NOA 1: 08/25/2017

NOA 2: 02/27/2018

NVC Received: 03/14/2018

NVC Case #: 03/15/2018

NVC Left: 03/24/2018

Embassy Received: 03/28/2018

Medical: 05/08/2018

Interview: 05/15/2018 

Visa issued: 05/18/2018

Visa received: 05/23/2018 

AOS

POE: 06/07/2018

SSN applied: 06/12/2018

SSN received: 06/28/2018

AOS Sent: 07/27/2018

Biometrics: 08/23/2018

Interview: 10/30/2018

Approval: 10/30/2018 

NOA2: 11/05/2018

Green card Received: 11/08/2018

NO MORE USCIS UNTIL ROC!!!!!😁

25 minutes ago, K & R said:

The non immigrant visa stuff is usually a good sign. It's when it doesn't changed from immigrant visa that their might be problems. What was your status on the website between the 16th and the 19th? Was it immigrant visa? Also, can you elaborate on the mistake on the DS160? Did he accidentally check off that he was immigrating with a child? What did the interview specifically say? Did you get a verbal approval? Hang in there ❤️

Thank you. I don't think he checked "traveling with" anyone but I'm unfamiliar with the DS-160 since I wasnt the one completing it. I don't know how an 02 for the Chile happened but it was not mentioned at all during the interview. It was only mentioned when we were checking in for the appointment they asked for him and we said that was a mistake not sure where it came from, not attending and she said okay and crossed his name off her paper.

They did say we approved and took his passport. She gave us a card and said normally 7-10 business days. We didnt actually check the status at all because the 16th was a Friday and I was actually visiting for my birthday but it does say the case was created on the 19th. 

I had my interview on the 5th November, and tried to email them for a update on the 23rd November, however i got a generic response. 

This is what ours looks like : 

Screenshot 2018-12-06 at 13.39.52.png

11 hours ago, moreadore said:

I swear 7 months between NOA1 and NOA2 feels like nothing to this..we just want his visa in hand so we can finalize everything with his work notice and having a solid move date.  

Are we really the unlucky ones who get stuck on a dusty shelf somewhere and forgotten for 6 weeks?..*sigh* As far as I can tell on the embassy website they don't take calls or emails for status updates (please, I beg you correct me if I am wrong I need an update). 

Our case has not been touched or changed or updated once following the interview.  It has said non immigrant at the top since creation date (interview 16th, creation 19th). Another thing we are worried about is that it says 01 at the end and we think it is because there was an issue where the DS-160 application assumed his child was also seeking a visa which is not the case and was not present at the interview and was only briefly mentioned that that was an error, the whole application was only for my fiance. 

Please help explain or squash fears we were really hoping to see the visa in hand this week so we could buy the plane ticket and everything seeing how everyone else is getting their visa back in 5-7 days it seems... or at least having the status changed and touch. 😔

47163749_1422273501239873_7727238003407454208_n.jpg

My case number also has a '01' at the end, and my fiance had his visa interview today and was approved. He doesn't have any children, so that's probably not why you're in AP? Good luck to you though. I'm sure it'll come through soon. < 3

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Mine ends in 01 as well and I had nothing to do with kids or extra people on the visa.

Mine's been stuck at ready since the 26th of November, only times it's updated is on days where I contacted the embassy regarding them receiving my medical results and on a general status update as I was told that they should check it everyday but mine had only been checked when they replied to my emails. Still giving it the 10 working days they request since they confirmed they have my medical results. Hope there's nothing up with it. 

1 hour ago, DeclanW said:

Mine ends in 01 as well and I had nothing to do with kids or extra people on the visa.

Mine's been stuck at ready since the 26th of November, only times it's updated is on days where I contacted the embassy regarding them receiving my medical results and on a general status update as I was told that they should check it everyday but mine had only been checked when they replied to my emails. Still giving it the 10 working days they request since they confirmed they have my medical results. Hope there's nothing up with it. 

Could you direct me to where you go to get an update? We haven't had any luck getting s response from them.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 minutes ago, moreadore said:

Could you direct me to where you go to get an update? We haven't had any luck getting s response from them.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/iv-contact/

I contacted them here, they let me know they had my medical results two days after. When I asked for a general update due to the lack of updated on the CEAC website, they gave me a generic response the next day

Hope that helps. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
14 hours ago, moreadore said:

Are we really the unlucky ones who get stuck on a dusty shelf somewhere and forgotten for 6 weeks?..*sigh* As far as I can tell on the embassy website they don't take calls or emails for status updates (please, I beg you correct me if I am wrong I need an update)

Borrowed from another post in case it sheds some light to your situation

Note: If you were not born in the UK, your visa may take longer to be issued, especially if from the Middle East, Pakistan, India or if you have Muslim ties. This is the dreaded security AP that takes awhile. It’s not the paper shuffling that occurs briefly for everybody prior to issue. Even if the interview is perfect and the guy says you’re approved, there is the option of more security checks they run you through. This is only to alert you to the possibility if you fit the profile, so you’re not blindsided with disappointment.

1 minute ago, Wuozopo said:

Borrowed from another post in case it sheds some light to your situation

Note: If you were not born in the UK, your visa may take longer to be issued, especially if from the Middle East, Pakistan, India or if you have Muslim ties. This is the dreaded security AP that takes awhile. It’s not the paper shuffling that occurs briefly for everybody prior to issue. Even if the interview is perfect and the guy says you’re approved, there is the option of more security checks they run you through. This is only to alert you to the possibility if you fit the profile, so you’re not blindsided with disappointment.

He was born in the UK, no middle eastern ties at all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Have your senator or congressman inquire on your behalf. I was in admin processing for 3 weeks. When the embassy replied to my senator they said it was released and then 2 days later it switched to "Issued". It could be coincidental timing but it doesn't hurt to have your representative look into it for you.

2 hours ago, CriscoDisco said:

Have your senator or congressman inquire on your behalf. I was in admin processing for 3 weeks. When the embassy replied to my senator they said it was released and then 2 days later it switched to "Issued". It could be coincidental timing but it doesn't hurt to have your representative look into it for you.

I went ahead and contacted a senator (I do not like my congressperson at all haha). Just a tip for anyone else in California- Kamala Harris' website has a wonderful template for every visa category (K1 is under immigrant) that formulates a PDF that can be easily printed and signed and faxed or emailed to her with all the information she and her office needs to get the answers. 

Well looks like we got a "response" but our case won't be touched. And we'll just sit on our hands and hope this doesn't last more than 2 more months. Lost and confused. Sad. Oh well. Let it go. 

embassy ap.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The Non-Immigrant change of status is always a good indicator. Shouldn't be too long until it changes to Issued. I understand the worry of AP. I'm confident you will get good news soon.

My best,

Jon :) 

32 minutes ago, jakejon said:

The Non-Immigrant change of status is always a good indicator. Shouldn't be too long until it changes to Issued. I understand the worry of AP. I'm confident you will get good news soon.

My best,

Jon :) 

We received an email today about additional administrative processing which I posted just above this so no.. we must wait and wait and wait. 😓

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.