2,915 posts in this topic

Hi @sandranj could u assist me in what to do if I’m in proceedings. The lawyer said she will have to get the court sign my i485 and i765 or else they won’t send me the work permit. She did tell me to tell them I need more time to regain council but I can’t afford it at this time to retain her. Could u give me some advise 

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
23 minutes ago, xoxox said:

Hi Sandra  

can you please help me .

I summited 485/765 after vawa approved . it's been over 4 months now since they received .. I haven't heard anything after biometric appointment is that normal ?

How long it takes for 485 to get transfer from VSC to NBC

what is your timeline please?I submitted first 1-176 category C14,on Agust 31,i have not heard anything from them,i submitted I-486/I-765 together on october 25th ,on january 9 my I-485 was transfer to another office but i haven’t heard anything about my two EAD cards.hope this helps.

Filed: Other Timeline

I have one question, so when petition is in background check, does it mean they r ready for decision but can't give the decision untill they get the BC back? 

I guess my question is after your response to rfe if the petition is in BC does it mean it will get approved if BC is cleared. Or that doesn't matter

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, xoxox said:

Hi Sandra  

can you please help me .

I summited 485/765 after vawa approved . it's been over 4 months now since they received .. I haven't heard anything after biometric appointment is that normal ?

How long it takes for 485 to get transfer from VSC to NBC

Mine I360 and I765 took 17 months and my I485 still pending since 5/2017

It takes a long time, I heard some as early 4 months others 17 up to 24 months.

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
13 minutes ago, sunkissed1 said:

Quick question to those great with “wording”. I need to request for a fee waiver (I-912) for my 485 app. I just received my work authorization (first time) and haven’t gotten a job yet. How do I word this and what docs should I attach to this to submit? Thanks in advance.

My first fee waiver was denied due to lack of evidence , then I re-submitted it again and it was approved.

I submitted my bank account statements that I have a negative balance. Also the documents from Department of children and families that my daughter is receiving means tested benefits ( food stamps and Medicaid) 

Below is my cover letter for fee waiver, your more than welcome to use the template :: ( HOPE THIS HELPS!) 

Dear Sir or Madam:

Enclosed, please find evidence in support of my Forms I-485, I-765 and I-912 request for fee waiver.

I have a pending I-360 Self petition as a battered parent by my abusive USA citizen son. My recipient number is XXXXXXXXXX (I have attached the form I797C notice of action) I’m requested for you to connect all the forms together please. Thank you for your immediate attention to this matter.

Forms

A.   I-912, REQUEST FOR FEE WAIVER

B.   G1145, E-NOTIFICATION OF APPLICATION/PETITION ACCEPTANCE

C.   I-485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

D.   I-864W:  REQUEST FOR EXEMPTION FOR INTENDING IMMIGRANT'S AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT

E.   I-765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Evidence that I qualify for FEE WAIVER

(My first fee waiver was denied, I have included the Notice of action of the Denial) And I have submitted another Fee Waiver with the correct documents showing that I do qualify.

1.    Documents from TexaS Department of Children and Families that my daughter receives Means-Tested benefits.

She is receiving Food Stamps and has Medicaid for medical because I currently have no income.

2.    Statement from my Bank where it states that I have no money in my account and I have a negative balance of -$2.63.

3.    Attached is my Utility Bill and the other bills that I must pay each month. My husband gives me child support money but it’s not enough to pay for USCIS I-765 and I-485 fees. I have family that help me with some bills when I don’t have enough from the child support, but they no longer can help me.

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
1 hour ago, sunkissed1 said:

Quick question to those great with “wording”. I need to request for a fee waiver (I-912) for my 485 app. I just received my work authorization (first time) and haven’t gotten a job yet. How do I word this and what docs should I attach to this to submit? Thanks in advance.

hello please can you share ur timeline?when did u file for work permit?thanks

7 hours ago, Kleenex12 said:

what is your timeline please?I submitted first 1-176 category C14,on Agust 31,i have not heard anything from them,i submitted I-486/I-765 together on october 25th ,on january 9 my I-485 was transfer to another office but i haven’t heard anything about my two EAD cards.hope this helps.

I summited 485/765 on October 10 . 

I did biometric appointment after filing .

I didn't hear anything after that .

I am worry what is going on ! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
7 minutes ago, xoxox said:

It takes 17/24 months just for the case get transfer from VSC to NBC

Do you mean to get GC approval ?

No!!! The 17-24 months is for I360/VAWA and EAD if you filed under C31. The I-485 is still pending it hasn’t been transfer yet...

5/25/2017 Packet in (I360/I485/I765)

7/3/2017 Biometrics

9/7/2018 RFE I360/Vawa

9/27/2018 RFE back into USCIS 

10/29/2018 Approved I360 and I765

11/6/2018 I765/EAD in my hands 

1/7/2019 I Request my I797c of my I360

Nothing yet on my GC/I485 Interview yet

now with Goverment Shut Down is going to take longer... so gang in there, it will come soon!!! 🙌🏼🇺🇸💫😍

I am hoping mine and everybody else’s does too!!!

Edited by FridayGirl@69

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.