2,915 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, kmogens said:

There was not much said at interview because misrepresentation on I-9 is 100% grounds for inadmissibility. I can file waiver, but not right now because I don't have the money (it is $930.00 for I-601 waiver). I'm am working through my local women's shelter right now to see if there is any hope for me.

I am Sorry to hear that about your story .

Please wait for Sandra advise too .

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
49 minutes ago, kmogens said:

Did you bring your w 2 to interview ? No - Not requested.

Did you filed your taxes ? Yes - never missed.

How I 9 misrepresentation ? It is misrepresentation 212(a)(6)(C)(i) is the code on it

Am sorry to hear this I hope you get the money to apply for a waiver,

Just for my knowledge did you claim on your I9 to being a citizen or a permanent resident?

Filed: Other Country: Tanzania
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ziongirl said:

Am sorry to hear this I hope you get the money to apply for a waiver,

Just for my knowledge did you claim on your I9 to being a citizen or a permanent resident?

Permanent resident

AOS paperwork mailed 02/06/13

Text received 02/14/13

Check cleared 02/14/13

NOA1 received 02/19/13

Bio Notification 02/23/13

Walk-in bio 03/08/13

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
2 minutes ago, kmogens said:

Permanent resident

I know God will give you a second chance in I pray you get money and do it fast before they put you in removal proceedings 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ziongirl said:

I know God will give you a second chance in I pray you get money and do it fast before they put you in removal proceedings 

Thank you. I get down on my knees every day and ask for a miracle

Text received 02/14/13

Check cleared 02/14/13

NOA1 received 02/19/13

Walk-in bio 03/08/13

21 minutes ago, kmogens said:

Thank you. I get down on my knees every day and ask for a miracle

I’m sorry to hear you were denied. You should wait for your I765 through Visa U. I don’t see the point for you to renew I765 through Vawa. Did you claim being permanent resident while having your work permit or before. I don’t understand why uscis denied your I485 if Vawa waives a lot of inadmisibilities including working without work permit or using others social security. I guess the issue here is the mispresentation. 

Thank   you for sharing your experience here. I hope you get your GC through the Visa U.🙏

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Goyo said:

I’m sorry to hear you were denied. You should wait for your I765 through Visa U. I don’t see the point for you to renew I765 through Vawa. Did you claim being permanent resident while having your work permit or before. I don’t understand why uscis denied your I485 if Vawa waives a lot of inadmisibilities including working without work permit or using others social security. I guess the issue here is the mispresentation. 

Thank   you for sharing your experience here. I hope you get your GC through the Visa U.🙏

That’s a very sad case ..sometimes someone don’t even pay attention on the I 9 form ..but mistake could happen by clicking wrong box..they shouldn’t judge based on that yard stick .cause I don’t even know what is on my I 9 form ..but what I want to know is how did the officer get to know ..what led to your I 9 form ...it’s still very strange to me ...

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Blunt said:

That’s a very sad case ..sometimes someone don’t even pay attention on the I 9 form ..but mistake could happen by clicking wrong box..they shouldn’t judge based on that yard stick .cause I don’t even know what is on my I 9 form ..but what I want to know is how did the officer get to know ..what led to your I 9 form ...it’s still very strange to me ...

From what I learned from different lawyers, some officers pull the I-9 but most of them don't. I just got the one that pulls the I-9. Was there anything else that may have made him pull the I-9? Maybe, but I don't know what that could be. They just told me they pulled the I-9.

Text received 02/14/13

Check cleared 02/14/13

NOA1 received 02/19/13

Walk-in bio 03/08/13

Timeline
5 minutes ago, kmogens said:

From what I learned from different lawyers, some officers pull the I-9 but most of them don't. I just got the one that pulls the I-9. Was there anything else that may have made him pull the I-9? Maybe, but I don't know what that could be. They just told me they pulled the I-9.

But you can still say it’s not intentional...cuz I know you can’t put that intentional perhaps you didn’t even pay attention when you filling the I 9 form ..wait let’s start from here ..that job you got ..in as much as you gave them EAD card and social security card to start the job then it’s  not your fault cause that’s the most important..that has said it all..mistakes could happen when filling form ..you can fight it ...did you give them EAD to apply at that job ...cause your job might have affected you too ..let’s tackle this issue ..I feel so bad for you ...

27 minutes ago, Blunt said:

Yes, it’s like Uscis was invested in deniying this case. @kmogens do you know that you can apply for a fee waiver for form 601? 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Blunt said:

But you can still say it’s not intentional...cuz I know you can’t put that intentional perhaps you didn’t even pay attention when you filling the I 9 form ..wait let’s start from here ..that job you got ..in as much as you gave them EAD card and social security card to start the job then it’s  not your fault cause that’s the most important..that has said it all..mistakes could happen when filling form ..you can fight it ...did you give them EAD to apply at that job ...cause your job might have affected you too ..let’s tackle this issue ..I feel so bad for you ...

AOS is already denied. I don't know what I can do at this point. I cannot reopen, file a motion at this time because it is 1 year since it was denied. There are very fewer lawyers with this experience and those I have talked to (about 10 lawyers) get confused and ask why the officer pulled the I-9. I do not know the answer to that. One lawyer said only very few officers ask and I happened to get one of those officers. The women's shelter is working with me but they tell me they don't have any experience with my type of case (I-9)

Text received 02/14/13

Check cleared 02/14/13

NOA1 received 02/19/13

Walk-in bio 03/08/13

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Goyo said:

Yes, it’s like Uscis was invested in deniying this case. @kmogens do you know that you can apply for a fee waiver for form 601? 

I did not know that. The shelter is trying to do a U-Visa but I will ask about this too.

Text received 02/14/13

Check cleared 02/14/13

NOA1 received 02/19/13

Walk-in bio 03/08/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
1 minute ago, kmogens said:

I did not know that. The shelter is trying to do a U-Visa but I will ask about this too.

Have anyone had any experience with the field offices in NC? Have you had any luck putting your I-485 on hold?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Godschild said:

Have anyone had any experience with the field offices in NC? Have you had any luck putting your I-485 on hold?

BE hopeful go with postive mind ..and explain your situation to the officer ..take along proofs of abuse and tell him or her to hold the i485 in abeyance for your vawa approval..just pray before going ..and if he denies it you will file another one there is no big deal about that ..if you Dnt have money for i485 file for waiver .,God bless you 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.