2,915 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
45 minutes ago, gur said:

Hi Friends.

I do not how to react to this. Since morning I am feeling lot of anxiety. 

Today I got a reply on my VAWA case that my I-360 Form, Receipt no.

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

On March 6, 2019, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/address change to give us your new mailing address.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

What does it mean ?😮

If anybody has ever seen this before, I think so , It might be with many ?🙄

I replied RFE in Oct-2018 and now this is the first update . I filed VAWA 23 around months before. 😰

Congratulations 🎉 you got approved! 

A step closer now to get I485 adjudicated 🙌🏼🇺🇸💫

Can you share your timeline, please.

Edited by FridayGirl@69

Filed: Other Timeline

I have a few questions about the affidavit (personal statement).

I suffered sexual abuse several times and need to include it in my affidavit. How detailed should I be?

Also my spouse took photos of some of the abuse. Should I include those as evidence?

Finally, when quoting my spouse should I use the exact words or should I paraphrase? Some of the language was explicit.

Thanks

Feb 2019 - Collecting evidence for VAWA petition

Apr 2019 - Contacted local DV resource center

May 2019 - Started therapy

Filed: Timeline
3 hours ago, Romero_2000 said:

I went to my I-485 appointment on 2/27/2019 and they told me that they would let me know within a couple days if I was approved or not. On 2/28/2019 my status on only one of my uscis account was updated that I was approved. The other account that does not require the verification code to log in has not updated yet. Since 2/28/2019 my status has not changed and I have not received my GC yet. I'm so anxious to receive it and finally visit my family.

The interview went smoothly yes or no questions and my lawyer answered my illegal entry dates.

How long before I receive my GC?

It can take a week or two once its been approved. Im sure you will get it soon! Congrats and enjoy your trip!

Filed: Timeline
1 minute ago, VAWAJourney said:

I have a few questions about the affidavit (personal statement).

I suffered sexual abuse several times and need to include it in my affidavit. How detailed should I be?

Also my spouse took photos of some of the abuse. Should I include those as evidence?

Finally, when quoting my spouse should I use the exact words or should I paraphrase? Some of the language was explicit.

Thanks

You need to be 100% honest and the more detailed the better. If explicit language was used then you will have to repeat it. Writing an affidavit can be hard because it causes you to have to relive things you are trying to forget or move past. Take your time writing it. Take breaks as needed and if you have to put it aside for a few days and come back to it. 

Here is a pdf link to a document about VAWA (it is old so all the information i it may not still be accurate!!) But page 71 shows a sample affidavit. Page 39 gives an outline of what you should include in it/ https://www.ilrc.org/sites/default/files/documents/document_gathering_for_self-petitioning_under_the_violence_against_women_act.pdf

Filed: Other Timeline
5 minutes ago, username_taken said:

You need to be 100% honest and the more detailed the better. If explicit language was used then you will have to repeat it. Writing an affidavit can be hard because it causes you to have to relive things you are trying to forget or move past. Take your time writing it. Take breaks as needed and if you have to put it aside for a few days and come back to it. 

Here is a pdf link to a document about VAWA (it is old so all the information i it may not still be accurate!!) But page 71 shows a sample affidavit. Page 39 gives an outline of what you should include in it/ https://www.ilrc.org/sites/default/files/documents/document_gathering_for_self-petitioning_under_the_violence_against_women_act.pdf

Thanks. Any advice on the photos? It's all very embarrassing but I need to get this granted so I'll do whatever I need to.

Feb 2019 - Collecting evidence for VAWA petition

Apr 2019 - Contacted local DV resource center

May 2019 - Started therapy

1 minute ago, VAWAJourney said:

Thanks. Any advice on the photos? It's all very embarrassing but I need to get this granted so I'll do whatever I need to.

I think you should sent every evidence to prove your abuse, no matter how graphic or embarrassing they are. keep copy of everything you submit... and focus on healing Thank God everything is over.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, DmytriiD said:

Thank you!
I found this on USCIS website - https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/battered-spouse-children-parents/questions-and-answers-battered-spouses-children-and-parents-under-violence-against-women-act-vawa

It says the following:

Effective October 28, 2000, you may file a Form I-360 if you are still married to your abusive spouse or, in certain circumstances, if you are not still married to your abusive spouse. If you are not still married to your abusive spouse when you file Form I-360, you must meet one of the following exceptions:

You believed you were legally married to your abusive spouse but the marriage is not legitimate solely because of the bigamy of your abusive spouse.
Your abusive spouse died within 2 years of filing the petition.
Your abusive spouse lost or renounce his citizenship or lawful resident status due to an incident of domestic violence
Your marriage to your abusive spouse was terminated within the 2 years prior to filing of the petition, and there is a connection between the termination of the marriage and the battery or extreme cruelty. 

So, I am confused. What should I apply with after the divorce?

Your spouse may never have filed for your permanent resident status or you simply never received status. You may now be facing a divorce or have already divorced. Marriage can be messy and when it turns abusive, downright scary. In creating the federal Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) immigration provisions, Congress sought to provide a way for battered or abused immigrants to legalize their immigration status and not feel forced to stay in an abusive relationship solely because of their immigration status

To self-petition under VAWA, you must prove that you have been battered by, or been the subject of extreme cruelty, from a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident spouse. 

In addition to proving the abuse, you must also prove that you were in a good faith marriage with your abusive spouse, that you resided with you abusive spouse and that you are a person of good moral character. 

Don't worry, you need to prove that you were legally married and you lived with your abusive husband and all your divorce papers go along with it. Then you can explain everything in your written affidavit. From what I know, A VAWA self-petition must be filed within 2 years of when the divorce becomes final.

Edited by Irynalucky

Filed: Other Country: Tanzania
Timeline
On 3/5/2019 at 9:41 AM, xoxox said:

Your AOS Denied !

If you don't mind can you please just tell Us what is the reason for USCIS denied your 485 after 360 get approved ?

If you don't mind .

Denied for I-9 misrepresentation (they wrote letter to my job and asked for the I-9)

AOS paperwork mailed 02/06/13

Text received 02/14/13

Check cleared 02/14/13

NOA1 received 02/19/13

Bio Notification 02/23/13

Walk-in bio 03/08/13

19 minutes ago, kmogens said:

Denied for I-9 misrepresentation (they wrote letter to my job and asked for the I-9)

Form I-9 officially the Employment Eligibility Verification is USCIS form .

I can't Believe that . They denied for I 9 .

Did you bring your w 2 to interview ?

Did you filed your taxes ?

How I 9 misrepresentation ?

Timeline
1 minute ago, xoxox said:

Form I-9 officially the Employment Eligibility Verification is USCIS form .

I can't Believe that . They denied for I 9 .

Did you bring your w 2 to interview ?

Did you filed your taxes ?

How I 9 misrepresentation ?

Did you bring your w 2 to interview ? No - Not requested.

Did you filed your taxes ? Yes - never missed.

How I 9 misrepresentation ? It is misrepresentation 212(a)(6)(C)(i) is the code on it

Text received 02/14/13

Check cleared 02/14/13

NOA1 received 02/19/13

Walk-in bio 03/08/13

11 minutes ago, kmogens said:

Did you bring your w 2 to interview ? No - Not requested.

Did you filed your taxes ? Yes - never missed.

How I 9 misrepresentation ? It is misrepresentation 212(a)(6)(C)(i) is the code on it

Can you please give us more details about what happened exactly on your interview ?

That's will help to understand more about your case ..

I am sure folks here and Sandra we all can help you .

Timeline
6 minutes ago, xoxox said:

Can you please give us more details about what happened exactly on your interview ?

That's will help to understand more about your case ..

I am sure folks here and Sandra we all can help you .

There was not much said at interview because misrepresentation on I-9 is 100% grounds for inadmissibility. I can file waiver, but not right now because I don't have the money (it is $930.00 for I-601 waiver). I'm am working through my local women's shelter right now to see if there is any hope for me.

Text received 02/14/13

Check cleared 02/14/13

NOA1 received 02/19/13

Walk-in bio 03/08/13

Please I need help. I have a pending I 360... And my lawyer filed i485 and i765 c31. I need to work pending when my i360 be approved. My question? 

I need to refile i765 category c9 what documentations is required. I have an expired EAD card. Expired in October 2016. @sandranj pls I need your help, you are good 👍. Thanks everyone!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ihuoma said:

Please I need help. I have a pending I 360... And my lawyer filed i485 and i765 c31. I need to work pending when my i360 be approved. My question? 

I need to refile i765 category c9 what documentations is required. I have an expired EAD card. Expired in October 2016. @sandranj pls I need your help, you are good 👍. Thanks everyone!

Sorry this is a little off-topic, but "ihuoma" seeing your user-name, you must have read "The Concubine" :) . Good book. You brought a little sunshine to my day with your name.

Edited by kmogens

Text received 02/14/13

Check cleared 02/14/13

NOA1 received 02/19/13

Walk-in bio 03/08/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.