2,915 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Kleenex12 said:

what could that be? i suppose your case is at ur local office right?hopefully is something easy!Goodluck dear!

I doubt it will be something serious. Just waiting for the Paralegal to get it thou because I don’t receive those things from USCIS directly. I’m still kinda wondering what it could be thou. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Trizzle said:

Update again Visa Journey Family

515EC21F-25CD-448A-BF81-1169162F5D62.jpeg

What a blessing! One more step :) I remember when I applied with my ex USC they sent me an RFE for a translated copy of my birth certificate I had forgotten about. they scheduled me for an interview 3 months after I replied. 

I have received an RFE on my I-360, still don't know what it is but I have suspicion it's for good moral character. 

I am so happy work is getting done! 

24 minutes ago, Trizzle said:

Update again Visa Journey Family

515EC21F-25CD-448A-BF81-1169162F5D62.jpeg

Y'all will be fine!😊🙏 I like to think of this here place as a TESTIMONY ground! By the grace of GOD we will all laugh in the end! Traumas and pains will cease and dreams will come true! Keep us posted dear 👍

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Shallovercome32 said:

Hi Everyone, 

Just got an update that my interview has been scheduled for next month. So excited a step closer.. 

I-360 approved July 2018

I485 interview scheduled for February 2019.

NYC filer.. 

Prayers I am excited and nervous at the same time.. 

What documents do they ask you to bring to the interview appointment ?

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, nap_o said:

What a blessing! One more step :) I remember when I applied with my ex USC they sent me an RFE for a translated copy of my birth certificate I had forgotten about. they scheduled me for an interview 3 months after I replied. 

I have received an RFE on my I-360, still don't know what it is but I have suspicion it's for good moral character. 

I am so happy work is getting done! 

Thanks 

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello, everyone. 

My case is already out of processing time by few days now, I am May 2017 filler. My question is: Since we had the government Shut down, should I filled the inquiry now or just wait a bit longer just in case the date goes back?

I've heard that the system just continued to update by itself day by day, but I don't know if the weeks of the shut down will affect this considerably.

thanks for your response 

43 minutes ago, Shallovercome32 said:

Hi Everyone, 

Just got an update that my interview has been scheduled for next month. So excited a step closer.. 

I-360 approved July 2018

I485 interview scheduled for February 2019.

NYC filer.. 

Prayers I am excited and nervous at the same time.. 

Cogratulation to you and hope you will get approve GC in spot. Have you got online update for I485 interview? Tks for your response.

Hi Everyone,

I came across this website after doing a lot of research. Please Sandra I need your advice.

I am currently on my Legal student status. I got married December 2017 and I am yet to file my i-485 due to school and all. I have gone through a lot in y marriage and my husband want to file for divorce. I will give you a little things about my marriage and please let me know if I qualify for VAWA because I am loosing my mind. 

My marriage was sweet from the beginning not until I found out that my husband do bring in a male boyfriend to the house anytime I am out at school. The guy do sleep over in my matrimonial bed anytime I am out and when I come back he will give abusing and insulting me and starving me sexually. He got into a fight with his boyfriend and his boyfriend came over to my apartment to threatening him and me with a knife that involved the police. I was mentally devastated and I was not emotionally stable in school. He got STD from the guy and abandon me at home. I pay the rent every time and he does not contribute to the bills. I finally finished school and got a job in another state. He encouraged me to relocate that he would join me when he sort out his police case with his boyfriend. I relocated November of last year and he December, he started acting up. He stopped picking my calls, on Christmas day he send a message that he wants to file for separation that he is interested in guys,he insults me and call me all sort of names. I traveled over to go see him and we settled it but now it has gotten worst. He stopped picking calls. He said he will not file my papers for me, I called his mum she did not pick.I am emotionally and mentally going crazy. I can focus at my new job. He has my car, he closed down our joint account and withdrew the money,he called me fraud and abandoned me in this new state. I am lonely and I want to enroll for therapist. Please sandra and everyone, what are my options. I am tired of this marriage I want to walk out. I need my Sanity.

Please help a depressed sister.

Thanks

Timeline
47 minutes ago, Shallovercome32 said:

Didn't receive the letter yet but lawyer told me just bring the original of the copies I sent. Birth certificate, marriage, passport, Eads. 

Praying for you, good luck! :) 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Helpasister said:

Hi Everyone,

I came across this website after doing a lot of research. Please Sandra I need your advice.

I am currently on my Legal student status. I got married December 2017 and I am yet to file my i-485 due to school and all. I have gone through a lot in y marriage and my husband want to file for divorce. I will give you a little things about my marriage and please let me know if I qualify for VAWA because I am loosing my mind. 

My marriage was sweet from the beginning not until I found out that my husband do bring in a male boyfriend to the house anytime I am out at school. The guy do sleep over in my matrimonial bed anytime I am out and when I come back he will give abusing and insulting me and starving me sexually. He got into a fight with his boyfriend and his boyfriend came over to my apartment to threatening him and me with a knife that involved the police. I was mentally devastated and I was not emotionally stable in school. He got STD from the guy and abandon me at home. I pay the rent every time and he does not contribute to the bills. I finally finished school and got a job in another state. He encouraged me to relocate that he would join me when he sort out his police case with his boyfriend. I relocated November of last year and he December, he started acting up. He stopped picking my calls, on Christmas day he send a message that he wants to file for separation that he is interested in guys,he insults me and call me all sort of names. I traveled over to go see him and we settled it but now it has gotten worst. He stopped picking calls. He said he will not file my papers for me, I called his mum she did not pick.I am emotionally and mentally going crazy. I can focus at my new job. He has my car, he closed down our joint account and withdrew the money,he called me fraud and abandoned me in this new state. I am lonely and I want to enroll for therapist. Please sandra and everyone, what are my options. I am tired of this marriage I want to walk out. I need my Sanity.

Please help a depressed sister.

Thanks

I am so sorry to hear what you're going through. Don't feel alone at this hard times, keep in mind things will get better and be strong. My only advice at this time is that you look for an attorney who is experienced in VAWA cases, do not just hire anyone. I made that mistake and now I regret it also try to gather as much evidence as you can to help your case. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.