2,915 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Yollande said:

@Jawithlove, ur case will established a prima facie only if you meet all the requirement on the vawa checklist. Some people received PF and some other don't. Idk why. 

I’m guessing since they sent me the notice that my biometrics would be reused and my case is now processing that I’ve met all requirements. But I’m wondering if since my fee waiver was denied they’re thinking I don’t need public benefits 

Edited by Jawithlove

1 hour ago, Jawithlove said:

I’m guessing since they sent me the notice that my biometrics would be reused and my case is now processing that I’ve met all requirements. But I’m wondering if since my fee waiver was denied they’re thinking I don’t need public benefits 

Well just wait and see. I never received PF on my own case. I filed and after 16 months was sent and RFE for good moral character. The letter said my case didn't established a PF cuz I didn't sent clearance from my home country. But have read on here people having Prima facie before being issued RFE for GMC. So I do believe it all depends on the I.O handling your case.   Although I don't have PF, have been on food stamps for a year now. I did apply just with my state I.d and vawa notice of action and I was granted.  Im in Tx. Goodluck. @Jawithlove

Edited by Yollande
Insertion of new information

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 12/27/2018 at 5:27 PM, ahmad- said:

Hello everybody, I see online that VAWA is expired due to government shutdown.... is that correct? Does any one have correct information? Thanks

VAWA expired but in the past VAWA expired as well, for 5 months, and they renewed. I believe they will renew soon.

1 hour ago, Yollande said:

Well just wait and see. I never received PF on my own case. I filed and after 16 months was sent and RFE for good moral character. The letter said my case didn't established a PF cuz I didn't sent clearance from my home country. But have read on here people having Prima facie before being issued RFE for GMC. So I do believe it all depends on the I.O handling your case.   Although I don't have PF, have been on food stamps for a year now. I did apply just with my state I.d and vawa notice of action and I was granted.  Im in Tx. Goodluck. @Jawithlove

Thank you for responding ?How long after arriving from your home country did you apply ?. And if my state is expired can I still use it ? Or my passport with the NOA?

Timeline
On 12/26/2018 at 3:40 PM, NiceGuyXLE said:

When can i qualify to submit papers for work permit and green card 

if i already submited  for vawa already ?

You can submit anytime you want if your spouse is a U.S. Citizen, if he has just the GC then you need to wait a visa number becomes available.

Timeline
On 12/26/2018 at 8:53 PM, Charlotte18 said:

Hello Everyone,

I have a question. My previous AOS got denied due withrawal of I-130 filed by my husband. 

I told my lawyer to please send an email to USCIS and tell that I filed VAWA and do not issue an NTA. 

My lawyer told me that she wants to request to USCIS a copy of my entire “A file” ( physical file where all my immigration applications travel) to see what if any letter my husband mailed to USCIS. 

She will charge me $250 for this and she said that this might give us insight into what USCIS will be thinking when they consider my VAWA case.

I am really confused. Appreciate your advise. Happy Holidays!

He can file a FOIA to have a copy of your file, but he can't file the FOIA with USCIS, he must file with the  U.S. Department of State 

Timeline

Submit a copy of your bank statement and a copy of the utility bills etc..mention you don't have any saving or assets, or family in the U.S to help you financially, if it's the case.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, sandranj said:

He can file a FOIA to have a copy of your file, but he can't file the FOIA with USCIS, he must file with the  U.S. Department of State 

Thanks @sandranj for the information.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Question: I am a bit Confused here.

I asked my senator to inquire on my case. He responded by saying decision has been made and i should be receiving a letter in the mail but there hasn't been any update on the USCIS website or letter in the mail (which i find very odd). It has been 3 weeks since the senator told me this. Has anyone experienced this?. 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
13 hours ago, sandranj said:
Hi Folks, after much thought and consideration, I  decided 4 days ago to create an Instagram page. Feel free to add me ok. On my Instagram I will post about my daily life and about abuse as well. It won't be just about abuse.

I am answering the private messages here a bit late, please be patient with me,  but I have a nasty cold.

My nickname is xanda and I am brazilian then my instagram page is   xandabrazilian

Happy Holidays.

Are You on twitter?... 

On 12/29/2018 at 3:33 AM, SUicidaL-3876 said:

I thought you decided to sue them. Did you change your mind?

Good evening everyone, i want to wish you Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, may all your wishes come true, and i wish every single one that is struggling with anxiety, fear and concerns regarding there petition to receive their case update and hopefully, that update will be an approval on there petition. 

And here is some information that i hope you may found useful and i recommend to ask your lawyer if that will affect you i know i will because now i have to think about the new NTA policy that is in affect from October 2018. 

And no i won't sue them i don't have the money to do that i still hope that some miracle will happen and after 3 years i will receive approval on my VAWA application. 

Once again Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you :)

On 12/30/2018 at 4:55 PM, sandranj said:
Hi Folks, after much thought and consideration, I  decided 4 days ago to create an Instagram page. Feel free to add me ok. On my Instagram I will post about my daily life and about abuse as well. It won't be just about abuse.

I am answering the private messages here a bit late, please be patient with me,  but I have a nasty cold.

My nickname is xanda and I am brazilian then my instagram page is   xandabrazilian

Happy Holidays.

Merry Christmas to you as well Sandranj you have helped so many people and without even asking for anything in return people like you deserve so much, hope you are having an amazing Holliday and we wish you to get well soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.