2,915 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, 81soalk said:

My local office is Newark NJ and I had my NOA on december 4 2017.Β  My biometrics were done january 23 and after that I had no updates.Β  After this thanksgiving in november I got a letter and it was for the interview.Β  I went to the interview december 6.Β  So I will say a year and a couple of days.

Wow, ThanksΒ 

I finally received my EAD card today in the mail.Β 

As soon as I opened the letter, I noticed that my country of birth is different then my previous EAD.Β 

The old one said β€œCountry of birth - Serbia” this new shows β€œCountry of birth - Serbia and Montenegro” (my country has undergone through name changes, but that was back in 2006).Β 

Β 

Now Im confused, I don’t know if my lawyer put Serbia and Montenegro or it was from USCIS side.Β 

Β 

Its a combo card and I planned on traveling this January to my country, but since β€œSerbia and Montenegro” no longer exist (it’s just Serbia now) would that be an issue on my way back to US?Β 

Really confusing.Β 

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
1 hour ago, Weldonboy said:

@sandranjΒ are people still able to file i360 despite awaiting re-authorization of VAWA?

Β 

ThanksΒ 

I360 has nothing to do with reauthorization...if you won’t be able to file i360 the uscis would have updated that on their websiteΒ 

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
3 hours ago, 81soalk said:

My green card arrived earlier than the estimated delivery.Β  Super fast, and also received the letter of approval and welcome package.Β  Happy day, and early christmas giftΒ Β πŸ˜€

Congrats..:it’s like everyone went on holiday today nobody commented todayΒ 

2 hours ago, Par.Hast said:

Are Prima Facie duration different from one applicant to another?

If yes, what defines the expirationο»Ώ date?

Β 

and, do you still receive RFE after getting Prima Facie?

Yes, some prima facie are for 6 months and renewable and some are for 1 year and also renewable if the need be. Rfe can still be issued after prima facie depending on the officer in charge or situation of the case. Our cases are unique and our story are never the same in it's contents.Β 

On 12/20/2018 at 8:31 PM, 81soalk said:

My local office is Newark NJ and I had my NOA on december 4 2017.Β  My biometrics were done january 23 and after that I had no updates.Β  After this thanksgiving in november I got a letter and it was for the interview.Β  I went to the interview december 6.Β  So I will say a year and a couple of days.

Some super fast. Congratulations it's a very rare case when we have people that had stayed for almost two years without approval. Did you put your AOS on hold before filling up your vawa? Enlighten us abit

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline
10 hours ago, Sunnyman said:

Some super fast. Congratulations it's a very rare case when we have people that had stayed for almost two years without approval. Did you put your AOS on hold before filling up your vawa? Enlighten us abit

I applied for vawa on 2016 I think the second week ofΒ september, I received an rfe for good moral character and sent it right away.Β I received the approval for vawa on october 31, 2017.Β  Then I submitted the I-485 with medical and the waiver, on november and uscis received the day before thanksgiving, so they gave me the Noa 12/04/17

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 12/20/2018 at 10:27 AM, Trizzle said:

80290E29-6887-4A0A-A332-D5D01F8C9F72.jpeg

Big up me bredda congrats on your approval @🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊 @Trizzle

Β 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.