California2020

Remarried with conditional green card

59 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Guys unfortunately after i moved to the state there are some problems happened between me and my US wife ended with divorce.

For couple months ago i got in relationship with another girl and we got married.

my green card will end next December 20 and the stamp on my passport will end march 2019 .

my question is what the process we need to apply for ??

and am we gonna apply for adjustment of status or not ?

second question.. after the green card ends am still be able to work ?

thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
18 minutes ago, manhattan2016 said:

Guys unfortunately after i moved to the state there are some problems happened between me and my US wife ended with divorce.

For couple months ago i got in relationship with another girl and we got married.

my green card will end next December 20 and the stamp on my passport will end march 2019 .

my question is what the process we need to apply for ??

and am we gonna apply for adjustment of status or not ?

second question.. after the green card ends am still be able to work ?

thanks

I assume you married another american women?

and if you were on a 2 year conditional green card already, meaning you came to the USA on a K1 visa, got married in the time needed filled for Adjustment of status what you are going to have coming is a removing of conditions.

this is something you would file on your own with a divorce waiver, you can't file to remove conditions with the current wife, as that is not the wife you originally married to get to USA.

as long as the divorce from the first wife is final, as I assume it is since you married wife # 2 you will file for removing conditions with divorce waiver.

1 minute ago, Khallaf said:

I assume you married another american women?

and if you were on a 2 year conditional green card already, meaning you came to the USA on a K1 visa, got married in the time needed filled for Adjustment of status what you are going to have coming is a removing of conditions.

this is something you would file on your own with a divorce waiver, you can't file to remove conditions with the current wife, as that is not the wife you originally married to get to USA.

as long as the divorce from the first wife is final, as I assume it is since you married wife # 2 you will file for removing conditions with divorce waiver.

Me and my first wife we already got divorced with no any problems..we had a personal issued 

I didn’t apply for waiver 

am asking about how to apply for new case ..is the same process that i have been through before under cr1 visa while i was out the states ???

second question am i gonna apply for adjustment or not ?

Timeline
30 minutes ago, manhattan2016 said:

Me and my first wife we already got divorced with no any problems..we had a personal issued 

I didn’t apply for waiver 

am asking about how to apply for new case ..is the same process that i have been through before under cr1 visa while i was out the states ???

second question am i gonna apply for adjustment or not ?

In order to effectivly answer what you need to do need to know your timeline. 

Did you come here on K1 or did you come in on a CR1 and have a 2 year conditional green card when you arrived?

is the new wife already in usa?

Edited by Khallaf

3 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

In order to effectivly answer what you need to do need to know your timeline. 

Did you come here on K1 or did you come in on a CR1 and have a 2 year conditional green card when you arrived?

is the new wife already in usa?

I came here on cr1 visa and my new wife is American 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~moved to Removal of Conditions. The OP has a two year GC and is looking what steps he needs to do after divorce.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
52 minutes ago, manhattan2016 said:

File your I-751 with divorce waiver. Your new American wife will have nothing to do with your green card now

1 hour ago, manhattan2016 said:

Then you will remove the conditions on your current green card with the I-751, evidence that you entered your original marriage in good faith, and the final divorce decree.  You could do this at any time after receiving the divorce decree and the expiration of your green card.

You said it expires on Dec 20th 2018 or 2019?  Please check your green card.  If 2019 you have a year you can file but you may be hard pressed to find evidence on such a short marriage.  If 2018 I suggest you gather evidence quickly and file asap! 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Your current marriage has no relevance on your current green card.  You do not need to adjust your status. 

However, you will not be able to file the N-400 until you've been an LPR for 5 years FYI. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

3 minutes ago, NikLR said:

Your current marriage has no relevance on your current green card.  You do not need to adjust your status. 

However, you will not be able to file the N-400 until you've been an LPR for 5 years FYI. 

Unfortunately guys my first marriage didn’t last for couple months due to issues with her family...I walked to couple lawyers they told me the waiver not gonna work ... 

so my question about applying for new case with my new wife?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

File your I-751 with divorce waiver. Your new American wife will have nothing to do with your green card now

This response is correct.  The proper procedure was for you to file as soon as the divorce was final.  File now.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

1 minute ago, pushbrk said:

This response is correct.  The proper procedure was for you to file as soon as the divorce was final.  File now.

Unfortunately  my first marriage didn’t last for couple months due to issues with her family...I walked to couple lawyers they told me the waiver not gonna work ... 

so my question about applying for new case with my new wife?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
7 minutes ago, manhattan2016 said:

Unfortunately  my first marriage didn’t last for couple months due to issues with her family...I walked to couple lawyers they told me the waiver not gonna work ... 

so my question about applying for new case with my new wife? whe

And you have your answer.  You already have Conditional Status.  You must remove those conditions.  You have two choices.  File to remove conditions or leave the US by March when your status expires.  Your new wife has no part in your immigration issues.  If those lawyers are qualified and know more about your circumstances than you've told us, then they seem to be predicting your removal of conditions will be denied.  But, you still have to try that before doing anything else.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Just now, pushbrk said:

And you have your answer.  You already have Conditional Status.  You must remove those conditions.  You have two choices.  File to remove conditions or leave the US by March when your status expires.  Your new wife has no part in your immigration issues.

Is that means I cannot apply for new case ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.