Keith & Arileidi

Two Charts Show Trump's Job Gains Are Just A Continuation From Obama's Presidency

49 posts in this topic

"There has been a fair amount of rhetoric about the job growth and lower unemployment rate seen since President Trump took office. Candidate Trump touted that there would be 25 million jobs created over 10 years if he was elected. In January 2017, I wrote that this was a fairly easy campaign promise when you analyze the data and realize that it will only take 2% annual growth of the workforce to hit this target."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2018/10/30/two-charts-show-trumps-job-gains-are-just-a-continuation-from-obamas-presidency/#23ee91b71af3

Trump should be thanking Obama.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I realize a lot of people like to give credit and blame to people that are elected in office as far as the economy goes.  As a business owner, government, whether on the local, state or federal level is not a positive driving force in my field.  I don't have lobbyists, nor do I have lucrative government contracts.  My daily gross and loss all is dependent on my customers.  As the owner, I am liable for paying out FUTA( federal unemployment), State unemployment, and probably the biggest : FICA.  That is matching all employee's gross of 7.65% to Social security and Medicaid.  To put it simply, if the total payroll is $5000 for the week, the employees paid into FICA $382.50, and as the employer, I must match this.    Under the Bush, Obama, and Trump administrations, this has no changed.  

2% annual growth of GDP is nothing to write home about.  During most of the 90's, we had 4% growth.  2% is what we had out of the recession, but I think 4% growth in the upcoming years is attainable with lower corporate tax rates.  

Just my 2 cents.  I don't worship at the feet of Washington and wear Obama Hope T shirts, or MAGA hats.  Washington is a burden, not a beacon of light.  

10 hours ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

"There has been a fair amount of rhetoric about the job growth and lower unemployment rate seen since President Trump took office. Candidate Trump touted that there would be 25 million jobs created over 10 years if he was elected. In January 2017, I wrote that this was a fairly easy campaign promise when you analyze the data and realize that it will only take 2% annual growth of the workforce to hit this target."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2018/10/30/two-charts-show-trumps-job-gains-are-just-a-continuation-from-obamas-presidency/#23ee91b71af3

Trump should be thanking Obama.

Obama was about stifling the economy with regulations

We got rid of the idiot and all of sudden a business comes into office and the economy goes wild.

Just look at the stock market the night Trump got elected,  America is ready to prosper with him and the stock market reflected it and still does

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

2 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

Obama was about stifling the economy with regulations

We got rid of the idiot and all of sudden a business comes into office and the economy goes wild.

Just look at the stock market the night Trump got elected,  America is ready to prosper with him and the stock market reflected it and still does

"Stock market overnight" has no corralation with year over year of economic trends. 

The stock market is just a knee jerk reaction to yesterday's/today's news, and its been on a 8+ year bull run as a long term trend. 

It's really hard to argue with data. 

Edited by Keith & Arileidi

4 hours ago, Mansini77 said:

I realize a lot of people like to give credit and blame to people that are elected in office as far as the economy goes.  As a business owner, government, whether on the local, state or federal level is not a positive driving force in my field.  I don't have lobbyists, nor do I have lucrative government contracts.  My daily gross and loss all is dependent on my customers.  As the owner, I am liable for paying out FUTA( federal unemployment), State unemployment, and probably the biggest : FICA.  That is matching all employee's gross of 7.65% to Social security and Medicaid.  To put it simply, if the total payroll is $5000 for the week, the employees paid into FICA $382.50, and as the employer, I must match this.    Under the Bush, Obama, and Trump administrations, this has no changed.  

2% annual growth of GDP is nothing to write home about.  During most of the 90's, we had 4% growth.  2% is what we had out of the recession, but I think 4% growth in the upcoming years is attainable with lower corporate tax rates.  

Just my 2 cents.  I don't worship at the feet of Washington and wear Obama Hope T shirts, or MAGA hats.  Washington is a burden, not a beacon of light.  

Fair enough.. economics is truly about the consumer. Not many people understand this. 

But for the people who want to credit trump for a strong economy whilest bashing Obama. There's data ... Plenty of delusion crushing data. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

It seems pretty clear from the employment gains chart, but the author seems to ignore that unemployment was flattening out at around 5% (according to the chart presented) from the middle of 2015 until 2017, then it plummeted after Trump took office and the GDP growth increased.  So to me it is a mixed bag analysis, but in reality, a President really has little impact to the economy as I have stated in the past.  They may help as a sort of cheerleader, but their real impact is minimal.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

"Stock market overnight" has no corralation with year over year of economic trends. 

The stock market is just a knee jerk reaction to yesterday's/today's news, and its been on a 8+ year bull run as a long term trend. 

It's really hard to argue with data. 

Here is what I know.  I am a business owner in Texas, Small business owner with a handful of employees.  

Since Trump has become President we are insanely busy with work, it like he touch a match and light the economy.  I could have 20 to 40 more employees working for me right now and still be swamped with work.  I have rather decided to stay small and cherry pick work.

I base the economy based on what is in my wallet and bank account and my back pockets, I have never seen the economy this robust in my lifetime.  Making money is insanely easy at the moment, I can call it the Trump effect

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

1 hour ago, Chris Duffy said:

Here is what I know.  I am a business owner in Texas, Small business owner with a handful of employees.  

Since Trump has become President we are insanely busy with work, it like he touch a match and light the economy.  I could have 20 to 40 more employees working for me right now and still be swamped with work.  I have rather decided to stay small and cherry pick work.

I base the economy based on what is in my wallet and bank account and my back pockets, I have never seen the economy this robust in my lifetime.  Making money is insanely easy at the moment, I can call it the Trump effect

And since Trump was elected our sales have grown 45 to 65 %. The 60 month interest rate was about 1.9 and now is around 3.5 becuse of the economic growth , Obama said Trump could not cause 

1 hour ago, Chris Duffy said:

What industry do you work, if you mind me asking?

5 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

It seems pretty clear from the employment gains chart, but the author seems to ignore that unemployment was flattening out at around 5% (according to the chart presented) from the middle of 2015 until 2017, then it plummeted after Trump took office and the GDP growth increased.  So to me it is a mixed bag analysis, but in reality, a President really has little impact to the economy as I have stated in the past.  They may help as a sort of cheerleader, but their real impact is minimal.

I'm ok with having a mixed bag. 

however I'm not okay with people crediting all of the gains to towards Trump knowing that he inherited a good economy. 

And i also agree with the presidents impact being minimal ,depending on the industry of course.. Michigan(and the Midwest) has benefited alot from Obama's intervention, without the bail out... who know where the Midwest would be. 

Filed: Timeline
38 minutes ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

I'm ok with having a mixed bag. 

however I'm not okay with people crediting all of the gains to towards Trump knowing that he inherited a good economy. 

And i also agree with the presidents impact being minimal ,depending on the industry of course.. Michigan(and the Midwest) has benefited alot from Obama's intervention, without the bail out... who know where the Midwest would be. 

Sounds so familiar, eh?  Reminds one of 2008 all over again.  In fact, I would hazard a postulation that it happens every turnover of the presidency.

Now, are you going to tell us the victories over ISIS in the pat year are thanks to Obama?

Just now, Satisfied said:

Sounds so familiar, eh?  Reminds one of 2008 all over again.  In fact, I would hazard a postulation that it happens every turnover of the presidency.

Now, are you going to tell us the victories over ISIS in the pat year are thanks to Obama?

And the FEDS collected the most taxes ever in October. Odd because the MDL said the tax breaks would have the opposite effect. Trump has got to get the federal deficient problem he inherited from Obummer under control

Filed: Timeline
3 minutes ago, Marty Byrde said:

And the FEDS collected the most taxes ever in October. Odd because the MDL said the tax breaks would have the opposite effect. Trump has got to get the federal deficient problem he inherited from Obummer under control

Obama may have been a smooth talker, but Trump could run circles around the guy when it comes to conducting business.

A great economy and STILL lost the House. :lol: Barely made any gains in the Senate. Failed to turn up at Arlington on Veterans Day. 

K1 Visa Timeline
15th Dec 08 - I129F posted to VSC
1st June 09 - Interview at 9am, Medical at 2:50pm
15th June 09 - K1 Visa approved and received
23rd June 09 - Point of Entry (Atlanta, Georgia)
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline
25th Aug 09 - AOS + EAD + AP posted to Chicago Lockbox
2nd Oct 09 - EAD + AP Approved
22nd Oct 09 - AOS Approved
30th Oct 09 - Green Card in hand!

Removing Conditions Timeline
29th Sept 11 - I-751 posted to VSC
26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

20th Feb 15 - N-400 posted to Lewisville Lockbox

15th June 15 - Interview