Nikki123

B2 Visa revoked , applying for AOS

40 posts in this topic

Hey all, please advise , I came to the US on vacation in 2017 and ended up marrying my US citizen boyfriend, a month before I was due to return home sometime came up and we decided that it would be better for me to stay , so I did. It's taken me forever to get some documents I needed from back home including my birth certificate which I have finally received. I have overstayed  my B2 Visa by a year and 2 months , my husband and I will be ready to file my AOS in the next month as we now have the money and documents I needed , however I received an email yesterday from the US consulate back home informing me my b2 Visa has been revoked , we are extremely worried that I will be deported before being able to file my AOS. Please can anyone advise , we are sick with worry. Thank you

5 minutes ago, Nikki123 said:

Hey all, please advise , I came to the US on vacation in 2017 and ended up marrying my US citizen boyfriend, a month before I was due to return home sometime came up and we decided that it would be better for me to stay , so I did. It's taken me forever to get some documents I needed from back home including my birth certificate which I have finally received. I have overstayed  my B2 Visa by a year and 2 months , my husband and I will be ready to file my AOS in the next month as we now have the money and documents I needed , however I received an email yesterday from the US consulate back home informing me my b2 Visa has been revoked , we are extremely worried that I will be deported before being able to file my AOS. Please can anyone advise , we are sick with worry. Thank you

I may be mistaken and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but there's a 10 year ban for overstaying your visa past 1 year. There's generally also a bar against changing status if you've overstayed your visa.

Late 2017: Met playing Clash of Queens via Line app

November 30th 2017: Started dating

May 16-26 2018: Met for the first time in Beirut

May 24 2018: He proposed!

August 31 2018: K1 petition sent to Agency

September 10, 2018: Petition reviewed and sent to USCIS

September 12 2018: NOA1 old USCIS site

September 17, 2018: NOA1 new USCIS site and harcopy

You are out of status and you can be deported UNTIL YOU FILE THE I-485.......at that point, you will have authorized stay while I-485 is pending.

First career- 20 year Retired E-8, USAF Missileer,

Second career-Retired Registered Nurse, experience in Labor& Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent & Adult Psych

Third career-Retired IT Developer & Database Administrator for surgical services dept.

Immigration Journey:

• Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17

2 minutes ago, mushroomspore said:

If OP had left the US, she would have incurred the ban. Since she stayed and has been married to a USC, AoS is available to her.

Gotcha. That part gets confusing. I'm glad there's a solution to it!

Thank you!

Late 2017: Met playing Clash of Queens via Line app

November 30th 2017: Started dating

May 16-26 2018: Met for the first time in Beirut

May 24 2018: He proposed!

August 31 2018: K1 petition sent to Agency

September 10, 2018: Petition reviewed and sent to USCIS

September 12 2018: NOA1 old USCIS site

September 17, 2018: NOA1 new USCIS site and harcopy

1 minute ago, missileman said:

You are out of status and you can be deported UNTIL YOU FILE THE I-485.......at that point, you will have authorized stay while I-485 is pending.

Thank you , but we're still putting our AOS package together , that's why we'll be ready in a month 

1 minute ago, Nikki123 said:

Thank you , but we're still putting our AOS package together , that's why we'll be ready in a month 

You'll most likely be okay but the sooner, the better.

Just now, Nikki123 said:

I would expedite the process of getting everything ready......Good luck!

First career- 20 year Retired E-8, USAF Missileer,

Second career-Retired Registered Nurse, experience in Labor& Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent & Adult Psych

Third career-Retired IT Developer & Database Administrator for surgical services dept.

Immigration Journey:

• Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17

1 minute ago, mushroomspore said:

You'll most likely be okay but the sooner, the better.

Thank you, we will

1 minute ago, missileman said:

I would expedite the process of getting everything ready......Good luck!

Thank you , we will do so

Just do it now, does not take that long.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Normally you would be arraigned to go in front of an IJ who would probably give you the opportunity to file, but best not to go there.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Just now, Boiler said:

Normally you would be arraigned to go in front of an IJ who would probably give you the opportunity to file, but best not to go there.

Ok, but can they do that in the next 2 weeks or so?

Is it likely no, is it possible yes.

Why not just get it sent?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.