Jump to content

Re-filing I-130 petition

8 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

* Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures *


Why was the prior visa case refused?

If the petition was returned and you were issued a NOID, did you rebut it? What was the result?


The longer time together is a positive for any new filing, although they can use the same reasons for refusal when filing a new petition (they can't deny for the say reasons again for a reaffirmed I-130, but can for a new I-130).

Edited by geowrian



AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago

9/27/17: received by USCIS

10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received

10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received

10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update)

1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed

1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received

1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice

10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice

10/25/18: Formal approval

10/31/18: Green card received





12/1/17: sent

12/14/17: NOA1 hard copy received

3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification)

3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved!

3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received



4/6/2017: Received

4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy

4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy

4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017



5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

My husbands interview denial was October of 2016 the officer refused to give a reason as to why.!.
I told and asked my lawyer to appeal based on how interview went and without any reason from officer.
We had 30 days to do that after his interview date. Lawyer said it would put a target on our backs. 

Case was returned April 2017 and says being reviewed.
So I've being calling the USCIS who has been reviewing our case now for almost two years trying to find out any information.
They asked the same question also, what the reason was...
They said they don't intermingle with the Embassy, but they should of gave us a reason as to why.
Not sure if this helps your question.
Any further advice is appreciate.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it’s incredibly frustrating waiting, but I would suggest you continue to wait until you hear from USCIS. Simply refiling a petition may not fix whatever concerns the CO had about your case. I know several people who had to wait several years after their interview in Ghana to get answers. It’s a good thing they did. One had some very serious finding...that while not true...they needed to find evidence and ways to overcome those concerns before refiling or responding to the rebuttal. If you refile without knowing the reasons, you could run into the exact same result.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pushbrk said:

I would contact the local office of the Senior US Senator from your State for assistance.  You are long overdue for a Notice Of Intent to Revoke, so that you can send a rebuttal.  Better to do that than to re-file for reasons already stated.


“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

All the letter stated that he was found ineligible under section 221g.  
The officer said I should receive a letter in the mail to respond to, but haven't received or heard anything since 2016.

I don't  even what  221g means as we both have clear records and good citizens in our countries.

The officer gave all chats, photos, etc back to him. Officer kept one photo and that's all.
We did contact my state office and trying to expedite twice we were dined twice. After that they told us they no longer can help us.... 

Since than we have been waiting for the NOIR for over two years.

Thanks for everyone's advice.:)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.