HelpneededJessica

Re-filing I-130 petition

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Good Morning VH,

Has anyone had luck re-filing their I-130? Been waiting over 3 years after interview denial, with no answers... Not sure if this would help. To look it make look like we're serious about being married together.

Thanks

* Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures *

Why was the prior visa case refused?

If the petition was returned and you were issued a NOID, did you rebut it? What was the result?

The longer time together is a positive for any new filing, although they can use the same reasons for refusal when filing a new petition (they can't deny for the say reasons again for a reaffirmed I-130, but can for a new I-130).

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline

Hello.
My husbands interview denial was October of 2016 the officer refused to give a reason as to why.!.
I told and asked my lawyer to appeal based on how interview went and without any reason from officer.
We had 30 days to do that after his interview date. Lawyer said it would put a target on our backs. 

Case was returned April 2017 and says being reviewed.
So I've being calling the USCIS who has been reviewing our case now for almost two years trying to find out any information.
They asked the same question also, what the reason was...
They said they don't intermingle with the Embassy, but they should of gave us a reason as to why.
Not sure if this helps your question.
Any further advice is appreciate.
Thanks 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I know it’s incredibly frustrating waiting, but I would suggest you continue to wait until you hear from USCIS. Simply refiling a petition may not fix whatever concerns the CO had about your case. I know several people who had to wait several years after their interview in Ghana to get answers. It’s a good thing they did. One had some very serious finding...that while not true...they needed to find evidence and ways to overcome those concerns before refiling or responding to the rebuttal. If you refile without knowing the reasons, you could run into the exact same result.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
4 hours ago, pushbrk said:

I would contact the local office of the Senior US Senator from your State for assistance.  You are long overdue for a Notice Of Intent to Revoke, so that you can send a rebuttal.  Better to do that than to re-file for reasons already stated.

Seconded

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Was he not given anything in writing at the interview pertaining to the denial?

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline

All the letter stated that he was found ineligible under section 221g.  
The officer said I should receive a letter in the mail to respond to, but haven't received or heard anything since 2016.

I don't  even what  221g means as we both have clear records and good citizens in our countries.

The officer gave all chats, photos, etc back to him. Officer kept one photo and that's all.
We did contact my state office and trying to expedite twice we were dined twice. After that they told us they no longer can help us.... 

Since than we have been waiting for the NOIR for over two years.

Thanks for everyone's advice.:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.