JMCKNG

November 2018 AOS Filers

3,118 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, calliope8 said:

Also some stuff just doesn't show up.  Our interview being scheduled shows up for our i-485 on the case tracker but we received a letter saying our AP was approved 5/28 and that is still reading just as 'application received' on USCIS website and Case Tracker.  Trying to find out about our i-765 as we didn't know we would receive a separate case number for those & just thought they were tied in with the I-485. The cases around our 2 case #'s are not i-765s or they are approved and mailed to somewhere else. I am just concerned that our i-765 got misfiled as an i-131 (there are a few around our case #s) or got lost entirely. Either that or it got entered as a case way on down the line. 

Just to mention that AP is processing faster than EAD currently at 6 to 8 months while EAD is 6.5 to 8.5 months so we will likely start seeing AP approvals before EAD approvals and then will just have to wait for the EAD to be approved before the Combo Card is issued.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
10 hours ago, MichelleKristian said:

I wouldn’t worry too much about it because it’s like that around ours too! One case 3 above ours was approved weeks ago and then absolutely nothing at all last week.... I just looked now and below ours there is about 50 cases that are I 765s that all have the same received date with no movement :( it’s so sad how many cases are left but I have a good feeling they are trying to clear out all the November filers ASAP. I would definitely check your app in the morning because that seems to be when it actually updates from the day above! 

15 hours ago, vaksurik said:

I noticed movement around my number weeks ago. It was steadily climbing to ours...then just stopped. For two weeks. We were only 3 i765s from ours. It was upsetting. I barely saw ANYTHING being approved in a scan of 500 near me until last Friday when one i765 a few ahead of mine was approved (but I didn’t see it until today bc I gave up on scans when they moved the inquiry date.) Just when you think there’s method to the madness it goes back to chaos. 

1 hour ago, calliope8 said:

Also some stuff just doesn't show up.  Our interview being scheduled shows up for our i-485 on the case tracker but we received a letter saying our AP was approved 5/28 and that is still reading just as 'application received' on USCIS website and Case Tracker.  Trying to find out about our i-765 as we didn't know we would receive a separate case number for those & just thought they were tied in with the I-485. The cases around our 2 case #'s are not i-765s or they are approved and mailed to somewhere else. I am just concerned that our i-765 got misfiled as an i-131 (there are a few around our case #s) or got lost entirely. Either that or it got entered as a case way on down the line. 

Thanks for the responses guys - they give me hope! Kind of? I think? Hah. @calliope8 there are typically different case numbers for 131 and 765, although I'm not sure if most people have numbers that are sequential (like mine are) or if they could be separate like you said. I would definitely inquire about your AP with a tier 2 officer if you can manage! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ash&Jaye said:

We were having issues with mail being delivered when we moved to our place so I called USCIS to ask about the I-485 just to make sure nothing was delivered and they wouldn't let me ask without my husband 🙄 fast forward to us calling at 6am together the next day before I went to work! SOOOOOOOO annoying

I feel this. We called yesterday, waited 3 hours for a tier 2, and then the call disconnected about 30 seconds into our conversation. When we called back, they said they couldn't transfer us because it would take too long so we needed to call back next day. Woke up at 5 am (west coast) this morning to call.....of course it was a pretty useless conversation. They did offer one piece of new information (to me) - expedite requests are handled at LFOs, not at the NBC. I guess that's probably why we never got a response, since the Seattle office is hopelessly backlogged. 

22 minutes ago, kanderson101 said:

I feel this. We called yesterday, waited 3 hours for a tier 2, and then the call disconnected about 30 seconds into our conversation. When we called back, they said they couldn't transfer us because it would take too long so we needed to call back next day. Woke up at 5 am (west coast) this morning to call.....of course it was a pretty useless conversation. They did offer one piece of new information (to me) - expedite requests are handled at LFOs, not at the NBC. I guess that's probably why we never got a response, since the Seattle office is hopelessly backlogged. 

Gosh! I just hate getting on the phone with them 😤 Also we've been toying with the idea of moving to Seattle in the next couple of years! But now I'm kinda happy we chose to stay in San Diego for the AOS process! They tend to be pretty fast! We are actually on the later end of the spectrum! I saw that some people who applied for AOS in January and February already have the Green Card!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Ash&Jaye said:

Gosh! I just hate getting on the phone with them 😤 Also we've been toying with the idea of moving to Seattle in the next couple of years! But now I'm kinda happy we chose to stay in San Diego for the AOS process! They tend to be pretty fast! We are actually on the later end of the spectrum! I saw that some people who applied for AOS in January and February already have the Green Card!

I saw a lot of apps on the tracker submitted after ours approved & cards sent. Some were just for EAD but months ago.  We're still waiting.  Lucky us to have applied just when everything is backlogged and for some reason they are deciding to process newer apps ahead of clearing the backlog.  

Timeline
1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Just to mention that AP is processing faster than EAD currently at 6 to 8 months while EAD is 6.5 to 8.5 months so we will likely start seeing AP approvals before EAD approvals and then will just have to wait for the EAD to be approved before the Combo Card is issued.

Kinda sucks since AP will expire in one year. Not that we plan to do a lot of traveling but they have approved something we cannot yet use and it has a limited time to use it. Wonder if the EAD will expire at the same time ... 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ash&Jaye said:

We were having issues with mail being delivered when we moved to our place so I called USCIS to ask about the I-485 just to make sure nothing was delivered and they wouldn't let me ask without my husband 🙄 fast forward to us calling at 6am together the next day before I went to work! SOOOOOOOO annoying

The same thing happened to me, I called at work last week and that surprised me that they needed him there! I was using my office phone so I just called my husband on my cell and put both on speaker hahah It worked though! 

22 minutes ago, calliope8 said:

Kinda sucks since AP will expire in one year. Not that we plan to do a lot of traveling but they have approved something we cannot yet use and it has a limited time to use it. Wonder if the EAD will expire at the same time ... 

Not sure.

Likely the expiry date will be of the latter approved application. Either way the difference should be negligible.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Quick question. My wife's green card interview letter is in hand. The paper says "bring the following items with you" and mentions the affidavit of support, then it says "unless already submitted."

So there's a  bunch of items we have to bring unless it's already submitted? To me, that means bring hardly anything besides proof of bonafide relationship as most of the items on the checklist were already submitted with the AOS package.

I just wanted confirmation that we in fact should  bring every single item on the list, as a precaution, even if it states "unless already submitted." 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Rocko20 said:

Quick question. My wife's green card interview letter is in hand. The paper says "bring the following items with you" and mentions the affidavit of support, then it says "unless already submitted."

So there's a  bunch of items we have to bring unless it's already submitted? To me, that means bring hardly anything besides proof of bonafide relationship as most of the items on the checklist were already submitted with the AOS package.

I just wanted confirmation that we in fact should  bring every single item on the list, as a precaution, even if it states "unless already submitted." 

My interview will be tomorrow and regarding the affidavit of support we did a new one since my husband got promoted recently, so we just want to make sure that we got that part covered.  With regards to the rest, I just made a copy of all the originals I’ll be bringing like marriage certificate, birth certificate, photocopies of passport and I-94, more new pictures and original of the photocopies of pictures I sent with my file.  It’s better to be prepared even though I already sent photocopies of what I mentioned, it won’t hurt just Incase they ask for it or something. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Pengunista said:

My interview will be tomorrow and regarding the affidavit of support we did a new one since my husband got promoted recently, so we just want to make sure that we got that part covered.  With regards to the rest, I just made a copy of all the originals I’ll be bringing like marriage certificate, birth certificate, photocopies of passport and I-94, more new pictures and original of the photocopies of pictures I sent with my file.  It’s better to be prepared even though I already sent photocopies of what I mentioned, it won’t hurt just Incase they ask for it or something. 

Agreed, and thanks for the response. Like you said, it's better to just have the documents on hand even if we already submitted it. Good luck at your interview!

43 minutes ago, MichelleKristian said:

The same thing happened to me, I called at work last week and that surprised me that they needed him there! I was using my office phone so I just called my husband on my cell and put both on speaker hahah It worked though! 

Great idea! 😂 I should have tried that!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Rocko20 said:

Agreed, and thanks for the response. Like you said, it's better to just have the documents on hand even if we already submitted it. Good luck at your interview!

Thank you! Yeah, I even read someone’s interview experience and they asked for her husbands photocopy of his drivers license, since it’s the one he used I guess as ID to enter the building or something.  So they ended up doing a photocopy of it after their interview.  So I figured I’ll just photocopy my husbands drivers license also, same with my EAD/AP card. I’m excited and nervous at the same time.  I just want for this whole waiting to be over.  

30 minutes ago, Rocko20 said:

Not everything says "unless already submitted". Even if you submitted it already with the package you must bring it unless its marked with "unless already submitted".

1 hour ago, MichelleKristian said:

I did this at the beginning of April. They let me sit on hold for an hour at 7am CST before telling me my husband had to be on the phone to discuss why he was asked for a foreign translation of an English BC for his I-485. Since I was in a hour earlier than usual, already angry at having sat on hold for an hour, and not in my right mind I yelled was very stern with him about how my husband could not be with me at the moment 1) because I had a job so that made me qualify for the Affidavit of Support, 2) because he was not allowed to work due to their slowness and unfortunately it was not "bring your foreign husband to work day", and 3) because I should have been told that they couldn't discuss anything without my husband prior to being transferred to him. Five seconds after I got off the phone, I though "I should have just made one of the guys I work with fake an accent. Matt wouldn't have cared". Matt confirmed he wouldn't have, but I should have just called him on my personal phone and put him on speaker.

I'm still real bitter about never hearing the words "I'm sorry" out of the guys mouth in regards to the wait and lack of transparency about who was needed on the call prior to sitting on hold for an hour 😐

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.