JMCKNG

November 2018 AOS Filers

3,118 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

For those who have gone to a GC interview, only thing I worry about them possibly raising an eyebrow at is that my name is not on our house deed. My husband bought it straight out with his inheritance and felt that since he has put all the money into it just his name would be on the deed. I only want my name on there for more marriage proof and it would simplify things in terms of probate if the worst were to suddenly happen to him.  Would this be a point of concern to an immigration officer?

8 hours ago, lms said:

It is for my Greencard! Thank you!

Have filed for EAD/AP renewal in Nov 2018 - didn't receive it to this day. 

Filed for Greencard in Nov 2017 

Wait you filed for greencard in 2017 and only just got it?! Damn...... 

(congrats!)

Timeline
13 minutes ago, NikkiFromCanada said:

I AM CRYING SOOOOOOO HARD RIGHT NOW!!! MY EAD HAS BEEN APPROVED!!! 222 DAYS OF WAITING!! 😭😭😭😭 THANK YOU UNIVERSE!!!!! I CAN FINALLY GET A JOB!!!! Thank you so much everyone for all your positive energy!!! It means the world to me!!! Let the job search begin!!!! Who knows when my Green Card will come, 22 days since my interview but I don’t even care right now. I am FREE!!! 😭♥️😭♥️

hahaha congratulations 🎊 dear

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, calliope8 said:

For those who have gone to a GC interview, only thing I worry about them possibly raising an eyebrow at is that my name is not on our house deed. My husband bought it straight out with his inheritance and felt that since he has put all the money into it just his name would be on the deed. I only want my name on there for more marriage proof and it would simplify things in terms of probate if the worst were to suddenly happen to him.  Would this be a point of concern to an immigration officer?

My husband owns his home and my name isn’t on the mortgage. We plan to buy our forever home together once I get a job. They can’t say anything about that. What if some couples want to even sign a prenup and don’t want to just sign over years worth of mortgage payments to their new spouse immediately? My husband has paid on this mortgage without me for the past 20 years. I don’t think it’s appropriate for them to question us on that. We had our interview, and they didn’t even ask about anything like that. We handed in joint car/health insurance for proof and that’s it. 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, NikkiFromCanada said:

I AM CRYING SOOOOOOO HARD RIGHT NOW!!! MY EAD HAS BEEN APPROVED!!! 222 DAYS OF WAITING!! 😭😭😭😭 THANK YOU UNIVERSE!!!!! I CAN FINALLY GET A JOB!!!! Thank you so much everyone for all your positive energy!!! It means the world to me!!! Let the job search begin!!!! Who knows when my Green Card will come, 22 days since my interview but I don’t even care right now. I am FREE!!! 😭♥️😭♥️

🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

CONGRATS!!!  🤩🎉🤗🙌🍾💃

I am sooooo happy for you!!! 

2 hours ago, NikkiFromCanada said:

Congratulations!! 🎉 so exciting!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, NikkiFromCanada said:

Encouraging as we're at 205 days BUT National processing says it's still on Sept I-765s 😓 Can I ask what processing center was your app went thru?

Congratulations! I took a peek at your timeline and which local office for your AOS. It just reinforces that there's literally no rhyme nor reason to any of the processing times. While it took me 124 days for EAD/AP approval - which seems to be much quicker than other Nov filers here - we have been sat waiting on 'ready for interview to be scheduled' since December last year, whereas your interview got scheduled after a week. And to think, it's a postcode lottery - you're not far up the road at the Baltimore office and we're at the DC/NoVA office.

My data-driven and rational brain cannot deal with such variances! Oh well... the wait continues! Congratulations again - here's hoping for a swift and happy response regarding the GC.

Yeah! Congratulations! 🙌

Hopefully the green card will arrive soon too. 

1 hour ago, calliope8 said:

Encouraging as we're at 205 days BUT National processing says it's still on Sept I-765s 😓 Can I ask what processing center was your app went thru?

All K1s are at the NBC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Husband finally received his Driver's License after every possible run around prior to get it. He had to take a written test, then took his physical driving test and unfortunately failed, took it for the 2nd time yesterday and PASSED but then needed to provide every possible approval paperwork he had from his I-94 to his I-797's he's received. After supervisors had to quadruple check what to do he was able to get a probationary driver's license that is good for 1 year in which he will need to renew when he gets his Green Card. 

Cheers to 189 days of waiting as well!

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

12 hours ago, Penny&Lee said:

Wait you filed for greencard in 2017 and only just got it?! Damn...... 

(congrats!)

NYC/Brooklyn Filer. I am actually really quick compared to other Brooklyn Filers. 

11/25/2017 - AOS Papers Sent

11/27/2017 - Package delivered by FedEx

12/07/2017 - NOA1's received in the mail

12/15/2017 - Biometrics Appointment letter received scheduled for 12/27/2017

12/22/2017 - Biometrics done I-485 & I-765 via Walk-In Brooklyn (done in under 15 Minutes)

02/14/2018 - Service Request to expedite my EAD put in via Hotline plus contacted my Congressman for help

03/13/2018 - EAD & AP approval Letters in the mail (106 days since filing)

03/15/2018 - EAD/AP Card in the mail <3 

1 minute ago, lms said:

NYC/Brooklyn Filer. I am actually really quick compared to other Brooklyn Filers. 

Uh oh.. my FO is NYC. 

2 minutes ago, Penny&Lee said:

Uh oh.. my FO is NYC. 

Which Borough? I think processing times are now for Brooklyn 19.5 to 24.5 months, Manhattan 20-30 months, Queens 7 -30 months. I got the GC in 18 months - so ahead of schedule. 

Edited by lms

11/25/2017 - AOS Papers Sent

11/27/2017 - Package delivered by FedEx

12/07/2017 - NOA1's received in the mail

12/15/2017 - Biometrics Appointment letter received scheduled for 12/27/2017

12/22/2017 - Biometrics done I-485 & I-765 via Walk-In Brooklyn (done in under 15 Minutes)

02/14/2018 - Service Request to expedite my EAD put in via Hotline plus contacted my Congressman for help

03/13/2018 - EAD & AP approval Letters in the mail (106 days since filing)

03/15/2018 - EAD/AP Card in the mail <3 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.