9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If a parent has from birth parent the child solely and now the visa is put in for K1, what is needed for a 14yr old to migrate with Jamaica without consent.

sign.PNG.b922fef6121115fdcfcbe7f78ae9039a.PNG

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I think I know what you are asking and I think what you need is a court order showing you have 100 percent custody of the child.

17 minutes ago, Sabrina02 said:

If a parent has from birth parent the child solely and now the visa is put in for K1, what is needed for a 14yr old to migrate with Jamaica without consent.

You need to either have consent from the other parent or full custody of the child to bring them to the USA. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 minute ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

You need to either have consent from the other parent or full custody of the child to bring them to the USA. 

written, motorized consent is sufficient for the interview?  Will they ask specifically before the interview?

sign.PNG.b922fef6121115fdcfcbe7f78ae9039a.PNG

18 minutes ago, Sabrina02 said:

written, motorized consent is sufficient for the interview?  Will they ask specifically before the interview?

No, you're going to need some official signed, sealed government documents that show you have full custody.  The consent letter from I assume the other parent wouldn't hurt but anyone can fake on of those.  You need court documents.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Sabrina02 said:

A notarized consent form was sufficient for me.  This was presented at the interview.   

3 minutes ago, David & Zoila said:

No, you're going to need some official signed, sealed government documents that show you have full custody.  The consent letter from I assume the other parent wouldn't hurt but anyone can fake on of those.  You need court documents.

Not so fast.  Are you speaking from experience?

YMMV

12 minutes ago, David & Zoila said:

Yeah I as @payxibka says a notarized consent form from the other parent is all that you need and all that the embassy looks for as well. 

33 minutes ago, Sabrina02 said:

Yes, that is sufficient for the interview. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
17 hours ago, Sabrina02 said:

I've asked the USA consulate before, they said it's involved with legally issues so you might need to consult with a qualified counsel in your country. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.