rarankin

Advice. Do I have everything ready to file?

18 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I am in the process of working on gathering all the materials needed to apply for the K1 visa and I want to make sure I have everything required. 

This is what I have completed and ready to go so far:

1. I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé
  2. G-1145 e-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance
  3. G-325A for the Petitioner
  4. G-325A for the Beneficiary
  5. Petitioner’s U.S. birth certificate
  6. Letter certifying intent to marry signed by Petitioner and Beneficiary
  7. I-94 Proof of Beneficiary’s US travel

This is what I am concerned about:

1.  Proof of having met in person in the past two years. For this one I have:
    • Some (not all) copies of boarding passes.
    • A document from Delta airlines showing proof of my completed round-trip flights to the UK.  
    • Full copies of each of our passports showing our entry/exit stamps from when we visited each other.
    • Photographs (10-15) of us together along with photos of us together with our friends and family.

Is this enough to provide as proof of having met each other in the past 2 years?  Should I also send copies of each of our bank/credit card statements showing transactions in the same place at the same time?

1. Proof of ongoing relationship. For this I have:
    • Screens shots of our WhatsApp messages (about 3-4 excerpts per month sent over the past almost 2 years).
    • Screen shots of all call records, including dates and lengths of calls. 

Can you think of anything else I should provide for these two requirements?   Are there any other forms or items I missed?

Please let me know if you have any suggestions!

Thank you in advance for the help!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Looks good to me for the most part. No need for tons of messages or anything initially so 3-4 per month to show a timeline is reasonable amount.

Don't need that many photos but it's fine as is.

Letter of intent, you need one from each of you, not one signed by both, but one from each stating you will marry the other. Each one signed by just the person stating the intent.

Main thing is passport stamps, boarding passes/iteneraries, tthat fulfills the evidence requirement. Any receipts/credit card statements or anything also from there is good.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

14 minutes ago, rarankin said:

Hello all,

I am in the process of working on gathering all the materials needed to apply for the K1 visa and I want to make sure I have everything required. 

• A document from Delta airlines showing proof of my completed round-trip flights to the UK.  
    • Full copies of each of our passports showing our entry/exit stamps from when we visited each other.
    • Photographs (10-15) of us together along with photos of us together with our friends and family.

Is this enough to provide as proof of having met each other in the past 2 years?  Should I also send copies of each of our bank/credit card statements showing transactions in the same place at the same time?

• Screens shots of our WhatsApp messages (about 3-4 excerpts per month sent over the past almost 2 years).

Can you think of anything else I should provide for these two requirements?   Are there any other forms or items I missed?

https://www.uscis.gov/i-129f

Make sure to thoroughly go over the instructions above and you should be good.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

I sent just one screenshot of facebook conversation, with message counter (It was there at some point). 8 pics of us, some booking confirmations, and passport stamps to confirm the bookings.
That did the trick. 
But i had found some of the boarding passes JUST in case of RFE.

G-325 is not required anymore.  It is included in the newer I-129f.  Proof of ongoing relationship is not required with the petition.  It won't hurt though.  Were either of you married before?  Make sure that you meet the two requirements for the petition...

You have proof you met once in the two years prior to filing...

You are both legally capable of contracting marriage...

That is all you are required to prove right now.  Make sure you are using the I-129f from the website and you can ditch the 325A forms.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
54 minutes ago, rarankin said:

Hello all,

I would kill all the ongoing relationships stuff.  It will be ignored and since it appears you will interview in London it definitely isn't needed.  And as previously mentioned,  kill the g325as

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

4 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

G-325 is not required anymore.  It is included in the newer I-129f.  Proof of ongoing relationship is not required with the petition.  It won't hurt though.  Were either of you married before?  Make sure that you meet the two requirements for the petition...

You have proof you met once in the two years prior to filing...

You are both legally capable of contracting marriage...

That is all you are required to prove right now.  Make sure you are using the I-129f from the website and you can ditch the 325A forms.

Thanks so much for this info!

We have never been married before.  So a far as I can tell there is not much else we can do for this requirement?

Are proof of travel docs and visa stamps enough to confirm we have met at least one in the past two years?  Would you suggest sending copies of bank and credit statements as well? 

52 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

Looks good to me for the most part. No need for tons of messages or anything initially so 3-4 per month to show a timeline is reasonable amount.

Don't need that many photos but it's fine as is.

Letter of intent, you need one from each of you, not one signed by both, but one from each stating you will marry the other. Each one signed by just the person stating the intent.

Main thing is passport stamps, boarding passes/iteneraries, tthat fulfills the evidence requirement. Any receipts/credit card statements or anything also from there is good.

Thank you so much for the info!  I am glad you were able to let me know I needed a letter of intent from each of us.  

In your opinion, would it be a good idea to send in the statements as additional proof or do you think the proof of travel docs from the airlines, boarding passes and visa stamps will suffice?  

Timeline
1 minute ago, rarankin said:

Thank you so much for the info!  I am glad you were able to let me know I needed a letter of intent from each of us.  

In your opinion, would it be a good idea to send in the statements as additional proof or do you think the proof of travel docs from the airlines, boarding passes and visa stamps will suffice?  

I will tell you what I submitted for my approved petition.

In bound boarding passes

Entry stamp to country

Boarding passes for a flight we took together in adjacent seats

One photo of us together. 

It is quality evidence not quantity evidence 

YMMV

Just now, rarankin said:

Thanks so much for this info!

We have never been married before.  So a far as I can tell there is not much else we can do for this requirement?

Are proof of travel docs and visa stamps enough to confirm we have met at least one in the past two years?  Would you suggest sending copies of bank and credit statements as well? 

The passport stamps are great but tie the dates to photos together.  People like receipts too but they won't usually have both names on them.  I always try to tell people to look at the evidence like a stranger would.  Will your evidence be able to prove to a stranger that you have met at least one in the two years prior to filing?  The timing is important.  If it was over two years you can be questioned.  Right now you really need to prove those two things.

Also make sure you have the 2x2 passport photos (there are other sizes so make sure they are 2x2) with the name on the back (in case they drop them...

You seem good to go.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline

Or think about it like a game of chess.  Once you have established checkmate,  20 more pieces of evidence doesn't change the outcome. 

You only have to establish one meeting in the past two years.   It would appear you are trying to prove many. 

Your petition,  your choice.   I chose to be succinct.

YMMV

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

Or think about it like a game of chess.  Once you have established checkmate,  20 more pieces of evidence doesn't change the outcome. 

You only have to establish one meeting in the past two years.   It would appear you are trying to prove many. 

Your petition,  your choice.   I chose to be succinct.

Thanks.  You are correct,  I was under the impression that we needed to show evidence for each time we met.  So in my mind, that would show that not only we have met each other in the past two years as well as demonstrate that we are in a legitimate relationship.  

Timeline
1 minute ago, rarankin said:

Thanks.  You are correct,  I was under the impression that we needed to show evidence for each time we met.  So in my mind, that would show that not only we have met each other in the past two years as well as demonstrate that we are in a legitimate relationship.  

It's a misnomer that many people believe that you must establish an ongoing relationship with the petition.   It is NOT.  The ongoing is established at the time of the visa interview 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.