Umka36

Trump: End birthright citizenship for some US-born babies

180 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
Just now, Satisfied said:

Hopefully someone reports it.  Pretty sad for a visa website.

Amazing especially on a site like this how so many have an antipathy to other cultures.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

7 minutes ago, Satisfied said:

Hopefully someone reports it.  Pretty sad for a visa website.

Seriously?  Clutching at straws....there are many countries around the world that end in -stan that aren't Islamic.

My point is in how Trump wants to run this country like those governments abroad.

Edited by JimandChristy

K1 Visa Timeline
15th Dec 08 - I129F posted to VSC
1st June 09 - Interview at 9am, Medical at 2:50pm
15th June 09 - K1 Visa approved and received
23rd June 09 - Point of Entry (Atlanta, Georgia)
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline
25th Aug 09 - AOS + EAD + AP posted to Chicago Lockbox
2nd Oct 09 - EAD + AP Approved
22nd Oct 09 - AOS Approved
30th Oct 09 - Green Card in hand!

Removing Conditions Timeline
29th Sept 11 - I-751 posted to VSC
26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

20th Feb 15 - N-400 posted to Lewisville Lockbox

15th June 15 - Interview

1st July 15 - Oath Ceremony

NOW A US CITIZEN!

Timeline
1 minute ago, JimandChristy said:

Seriously?  Clutching at straws....there are many countries around the world that end in -stan that aren't Islamic.

OK

Name one.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

9 minutes ago, Boiler said:

OK

Name one.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2014/02/07/yes-kazakhstan-should-change-its-name-this-map-shows-why/?utm_term=.edaf23c2a26a

Kazakhstan is an example of a ethnically diverse country that isn't just Muslim. There is *nothing* wrong with being Muslim BTW. The -stan comment is more based on the type of chokehold many politicians have on countries that often have that suffix. It's not a reflection on the people or their faith, but on the corruption of local politics that would favor Trump if we were to have it as well.

Edited by JimandChristy

K1 Visa Timeline
15th Dec 08 - I129F posted to VSC
1st June 09 - Interview at 9am, Medical at 2:50pm
15th June 09 - K1 Visa approved and received
23rd June 09 - Point of Entry (Atlanta, Georgia)
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline
25th Aug 09 - AOS + EAD + AP posted to Chicago Lockbox
2nd Oct 09 - EAD + AP Approved
22nd Oct 09 - AOS Approved
30th Oct 09 - Green Card in hand!

Removing Conditions Timeline
29th Sept 11 - I-751 posted to VSC
26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

20th Feb 15 - N-400 posted to Lewisville Lockbox

15th June 15 - Interview

1st July 15 - Oath Ceremony

NOW A US CITIZEN!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, JimandChristy said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2014/02/07/yes-kazakhstan-should-change-its-name-this-map-shows-why/?utm_term=.edaf23c2a26a

Kazakhstan is an example of a ethnically diverse country that isn't just Muslim. There is *nothing* wrong with being Muslim BTW. The -stan comment is more based on the type of chokehold many politicians have on countries that often have that suffix. It's not a reflection on the people or their faith, but on the corruption of local politics that would favor Trump if we were to have it as well.

According to the 2009 Census, 70% of the population is Muslim, 26% Christian, 0.1% Buddhist, 0.2% others (mostly Jewish), and 3% irreligious, while 0.5% chose not to answer

Kazakhstan's human rights situation is described as poor by independent observers. The 2015 Human Rights Watch report on Kazakhstan said that the country "heavily restricts freedom of assembly, speech, and religion. In 2014, authorities closed newspapers, jailed or fined dozens of people after peaceful but unsanctioned protests, and fined or detained worshipers for practicing religion outside state controls. 

Wiki

3 minutes ago, JimandChristy said:

Did you read the article you posted? It suggests changing the name based on investment prejudiced towards countries ending in Istan It's based on ethnicity not political leanings

73% Islamic is a pretty good indicator of a countries religious leaning. 

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, JimandChristy said:

Ever been to Kazakhstan?  I have.  Muslim.  

Nice try at backpedaling, though.  How’s that foot tasting right about now?  You should tweet Trump and tell him what you said!  :rofl: 

Timeline

BTW still open to one, just one stan.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Marty Byrde said:

Mangostan. 10% Islam 90% MDL with the highest rate of TDS in the world 

Naughty, I was not asking you.

Mango Ditch Left?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
9 hours ago, Marty Byrde said:

Mangostan. 10% Islam 90% MDL with the highest rate of TDS in the world 

That is the best post of the week.  +1,000!

:rofl:

Edited by Bill & Katya

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
12 hours ago, spookyturtle said:

While I agree in principal with limiting birthright citizenship in certain cases, it’s in the Constitution. How can an Executive Order change the Constitution? Wouldn’t the Constitution need to be amended? Can the Supreme Court make the change without going through the process to amend the Constitution? 

The issue is that  jus soli for illegal immigrants has never been put before the supreme court, so I am fine with getting the question answered.  I am not a lawyer, but I think the question is related to the "subject to the jurisdiction" phrase in the 14th Amendment.  When the 14th was passed it was interpreted to not cover Native Americans since they were not completely subject to the jurisdiction of the US.  This lead to the "Indian Citizenship Act" of 1924.  I don't think illegal immigration was as big of an issue when the 14th was passed, or even in 1924, so maybe it is time to get SCOTUS to weigh in.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

The issue is that  jus soli for illegal immigrants has never been put before the supreme court, so I am fine with getting the question answered.  I am not a lawyer, but I think the question is related to the "subject to the jurisdiction" phrase in the 14th Amendment.  When the 14th was passed it was interpreted to not cover Native Americans since they were not completely subject to the jurisdiction of the US.  This lead to the "Indian Citizenship Act" of 1924.  I don't think illegal immigration was as big of an issue when the 14th was passed, or even in 1924, so maybe it is time to get SCOTUS to weigh in.

The Supreme Court should look at this, IMHO. The Second Amendment has already stood up to SCOTUS scrutiny. I’m guessing that this one won’t. I think there should be more well  defined guidelines. 

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I heard a constitutional lawyer on the radio yesterday.  He said that defining "subject to the jurisdiction..." would be less murky than determining the intent of the authors (plural).

He added that, as a practical matter, we've had years and years of recognizing the U.S.-born as full citizens.  If that's walked back, just one ramification is that some countries have no reciprocal citizenship, so we'd end up with stateless people and no place to put them.

He said that it would be far easier to put a wall around the Welfare system than to put a wall at the border.  This would also handle the "birth tourism" industry.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).