Jump to content
Joy-girl

Interview date given by phone - no letter or email.

15 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Quick question. I called the NVC and  got a date for my husband's interview.  The guy I spoke with was surprised that I had not received any information about the interview date, which was assigned the day before I called.  He offered to request that an email confirmation be sent to me and that I should get it soon.  It has been 2 days now and I am yet  to get anything ( no new message notification on our ceac account).  I called this morning and was told that it may take up to two weeks to get a letter since it is system-generated.   We need the letter for the medical exam and the interview is in about two weeks.  Has anyone been in this situation?  How did you handle it?

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think someone was wrong about interview date

never heard of one scheduled only 2 weeks away

usually it is a month or month and a half from getting informed of the date and the interview

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

I think someone was wrong about interview date

never heard of one scheduled only 2 weeks away

usually it is a month or month and a half from getting informed of the date and the interview

Very rare and Unusual, but it does happen.  On April 10th, 2017, I received an email stating we had a "case complete". On April 15th, 2017, we received an email stating my wife's interview was scheduled for May 2, 2017......about 17 days!!   


First career- 20 year Retired E-8, USAF Missileer,

Second career-Retired Registered Nurse, experience in Labor& Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent & Adult Psych

Third career-Retired IT Developer & Database Administrator for surgical services dept.

 

Immigration Journey:

  • Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Joy-girl said:

Quick question. I called the NVC and  got a date for my husband's interview.  The guy I spoke with was surprised that I had not received any information about the interview date, which was assigned the day before I called.  He offered to request that an email confirmation be sent to me and that I should get it soon.  It has been 2 days now and I am yet  to get anything ( no new message notification on our ceac account).  I called this morning and was told that it may take up to two weeks to get a letter since it is system-generated.   We need the letter for the medical exam and the interview is in about two weeks.  Has anyone been in this situation?  How did you handle it?

 

Thanks

I would email the consulate and ask for an immediate interview confirmation letter.......The guy was possibly just giving you the standard answer.


First career- 20 year Retired E-8, USAF Missileer,

Second career-Retired Registered Nurse, experience in Labor& Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent & Adult Psych

Third career-Retired IT Developer & Database Administrator for surgical services dept.

 

Immigration Journey:

  • Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, missileman said:

I would email the consulate and ask for an immediate interview confirmation letter.......The guy was possibly just giving you the standard answer.

Lagos will not give them a confirmation email. That's generated by NVC.

 

OP you got to be proactive and call NVC and do not leave that call until they have sent your email. It is not computer generated. They can send any dang time they want.

 

Do you realize it takes now 2 weeks to get results back. You need to be on this soonest.


Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.
Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

:goofy:


Come join the current Interview thread: 

 

Case-Complete-to-Interview-December-2018/
Case Complete to Interview Form
Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
NVC Filers Wiki Process

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

I think someone was wrong about interview date

never heard of one scheduled only 2 weeks away

usually it is a month or month and a half from getting informed of the date and the interview

I  have actually called 3 different times to confirm and got the same answer.  On other forums, people have mentioned up to a week's notice before their interview.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

Lagos will not give them a confirmation email. That's generated by NVC.

 

OP you got to be proactive and call NVC and do not leave that call until they have sent your email. It is not computer generated. They can send any dang time they want.

 

Do you realize it takes now 2 weeks to get results back. You need to be on this soonest.

Thanks. My conversation has been with the NVC ( not the embassy in Lagos).  They told me that I may need to call Lagos and as to re-schedule the interview date if the letter does not get to me soon enough.  We called one of the medical places and they will accept our letter that states that we have been documentarily approved by the NVC as long as  it has our case number.  It also takes 7 days to get medical results back. I just confirmed with the clinic.  The question now is how long to wait before calling the embassy to re-schedule.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Joy-girl said:

I  have actually called 3 different times to confirm and got the same answer.  On other forums, people have mentioned up to a week's notice before their interview.

 

seriously?

no time to do the medical?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am having this same problem. I just found out today by calling nvc that my son's interview is Nov 1st and we haven't received the email. One of the hospitals in Lagos can get the result ready for him in 10 working days but that is a day after his interview if we go there tomorrow. I don't just know what to do. Thinking of going to abuja to get it done because I hear it take 2-3 days there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

seriously?

no time to do the medical?

That shouldn't be an issue, as long as the medical was done prior to the interview. You just won't get your visa until the Consulate/Embassy receives the results of the medical.


Entry on VWP to visit then-boyfriend 06/13/2011

Married 06/24/2011

Our first son was born 10/31/2012, our daughter was born 06/30/2014, our second son was born 06/20/2017

AOS Timeline

AOS package mailed 09/06/2011 (Chicago Lockbox)

AOS package signed for by R Mercado 09/07/2011

Priority date for I-485&I-130 09/08/2011

Biometrics done 10/03/2011

Interview letter received 11/18/2011

INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 12/20/2011

Approval e-mail 12/21/2011

Card production e-mail 12/27/2011

GREEN CARD ARRIVED 12/31/2011

Resident since 12/21/2011

ROC Timeline

ROC package mailed to VSC 11/22/2013

NOA1 date 11/26/2013

Biometrics date 12/26/2013

Transfer notice to CSC 03/14/2014

Change of address 03/27/2014

Card production ordered 04/30/2014

10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED 05/06/2014

N-400 Timeline

N-400 package mailed 09/30/2014

N-400 package delivered 10/01/2014

NOA1 date 10/20/2014

Biometrics date 11/14/2014

Early walk-in biometrics 11/12/2014

In-line for interview 11/23/2014

Interview letter 03/18/2015

Interview date 04/17/2015 ("Decision cannot yet be made.")

In-line for oath scheduling 05/04/2015

Oath ceremony letter dated 05/11/2015

Oath ceremony 06/02/2015

I am a United States citizen!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2018 at 2:22 PM, Oritneye said:

I am having this same problem. I just found out today by calling nvc that my son's interview is Nov 1st and we haven't received the email. One of the hospitals in Lagos can get the result ready for him in 10 working days but that is a day after his interview if we go there tomorrow. I don't just know what to do. Thinking of going to abuja to get it done because I hear it take 2-3 days there.

It makes sense to try Abuja but make sure that the Lagos embassy won't have an issue with it.  They shouldn't but just make sure if you can. You may be able to speak with someone by phone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Joy-girl said:

It makes sense to try Abuja but make sure that the Lagos embassy won't have an issue with it.  They shouldn't but just make sure if you can. You may be able to speak with someone by phone. 

I contacted the center in Abuja, I was told the earliest available date is nov 7th so I had to do it in lagos. His results will be ready the day after his interview. 

I did contact lagos embassy by phone about the issue and was told it won't be an issue as long as he has had the medicals and just awaiting results. That I should just tell them that and I would be allowed in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

~~Moved to IR1/CR1 Filing and Progress Reports, form K1 P&P~~


Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×