GyC

U.S. Consulate lost approved K-1 package

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Can someone PLEASE offer some direction as to what options we have. The consulate in Juarez does not know where our package is. They say that it was sent out to the ASC on the 26th of Sept! <--(Per their computers)

We went and checked, and no they dont have it! We've been several times. They actually checked in the back, atleast they made it look as if they did. The ASC people say they have not recieved our package from the consulate, they reassure us that if they did they would have scanned it and sent us our tracking number. We are at a loss!!! The Consulate said today 10/16/18 that they opened up an investigation to find out where our package is and also said it could take 8 business days!!!

Has anyone ran into a similar issue? We have patiently waited over 3 weeks for our package to arrive, only to be told that it's basically lost.

Edited by GyC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I never had any problem with that with a consulate but I do feel your pain. I'm sure they will find it sooner or later. Don't loose faith.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 minutes ago, GyC said:

Can someone PLEASE offer some direction as to what options we have. The consulate in Juarez does not know where our package is. They say that it was sent out to the ASC on the 26th of Sept! <--(Per their computers)

We went and checked, and no they dont have it! We've been several times. They actually checked in the back, atleast they made it look as if they did. The ASC people say they have not recieved our package from the consulate, they reassure us that if they did they would have scanned it and sent us our tracking number. We are at a loss!!! The Consulate said today 10/16/18 that they opened up an investigation to find out where our package is and also said it could take 8 business days!!!

Has anyone ran into a similar issue? We have patiently waited over 3 weeks for our package to arrive, only to be told that it's basically lost.

Sounds like a technical error, nothing you can do at this point. I’d say wait for the 8 days it might not be up to that before they call you. Everything will be fine, they will sort it.

Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Raleigh NC
Date Filed : 2020-10-03
NOA Date : 2020-10-03
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  
Comments : INA 328 and 329 [ Military ] 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Give it the 8 days and see what happens

dont forget a hurricane went near Mexico and may of caused shipping delays. It's pretty much out of ur hands at this time. 

I would imagine if it's not received in Mexico with in 30 days they would send another copy of petition. 

Keep in touch with them both. 

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Timeline
11 minutes ago, BJ & Christine said:

Give it the 8 days and see what happens

dont forget a hurricane went near Mexico and may of caused shipping delays. It's pretty much out of ur hands at this time. 

I would imagine if it's not received in Mexico with in 30 days they would send another copy of petition. 

Keep in touch with them both. 

We've already had our petition approved, had our interview in Juarez on 09/25/2018 and were approved!!! Waiting on her visa package!

Just now, GyC said:

We've already had our petition approved, had our interview in Juarez on 09/25/2018 and were approved!!! Waiting on her visa package!

That can be quite stressful, but between the embassy and the courier your package should turn up soon. Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
14 minutes ago, GyC said:

Oh damn... not good at all..... 🤦🏼‍♂️

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

1 hour ago, GyC said:

There is nothing you can do but wait. The Embassy works with the courier to ascertain what has happened. Trust me the courier does not want to lose this business. It will turn up. Don't believe that this hasn't happened before. They'll take it very seriously. The Embassy can create a passport and new documents in a day or so.

Greenbaum Tip: There is a learning lesson here, do not buy airline tickets till your passport with visa is in your hands. This could have turned out worse but as it stands its a setback for the OP.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

There is nothing you can do but wait. The Embassy works with the courier to ascertain what has happened. Trust me the courier does not want to lose this business. It will turn up. Don't believe that this hasn't happened before. They'll take it very seriously. The Embassy can create a passport and new documents in a day or so.

Greenbaum Tip: There is a learning lesson here, do not buy airline tickets till your passport with visa is in your hands. This could have turned out worse but as it stands its a setback for the OP.

We did NOT buy airline tickets for her trip to the U.S. - Amarillo Tx to be exact. However we did not intend to stay in Ciudad Juarez more than 3 to 4 weeks. Hence the money we are spending on her waiting for the visa to arrive. It does get expensive. But either way her and I are in this together. I will support her no matter if i have to work 5 jobs. Thanks for your comment and it does make sense that they wouldnt want to lose business. I also did not know that they could print a new passport for her, that in itself makes me feel better. Thanks!!! We'll keep our hopes up and wait until everything gets resolved. 

24 minutes ago, GyC said:

We did NOT buy airline tickets for her trip to the U.S. - Amarillo Tx to be exact. However we did not intend to stay in Ciudad Juarez more than 3 to 4 weeks. Hence the money we are spending on her waiting for the visa to arrive. It does get expensive. But either way her and I are in this together. I will support her no matter if i have to work 5 jobs. Thanks for your comment and it does make sense that they wouldnt want to lose business. I also did not know that they could print a new passport for her, that in itself makes me feel better. Thanks!!! We'll keep our hopes up and wait until everything gets resolved. 

My tips are for the audience in this case and NOT specifically directed to you. I take a moment and offer Greenbaum Tips so others understand a valuable lesson. 

Good luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
12 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

My tips are for the audience in this case and NOT specifically directed to you. I take a moment and offer Greenbaum Tips so others understand a valuable lesson. 

Good luck.

We appreciate those tips to Greenbaum! I personally have learned a lot from your posts, and I'm sure others here will say the exact same thing. These visa processes are confusing enough, but your insight has helped greatly, and I know I'm not the only person who will say that either. Please keep up your good work! We here on VJ need it!

Filed: Timeline
14 hours ago, GyC said:

Sorry, but the Consulate cannot print a new Mexican passport for her -- only the Mexican government can do that.  The consulate can reprint the visa and anything else from the consulate records.  But, it is highly likely that your documents will be found now that there's an investigation.

Timeline
1 hour ago, jan22 said:

Sorry, but the Consulate cannot print a new Mexican passport for her -- only the Mexican government can do that.  The consulate can reprint the visa and anything else from the consulate records.  But, it is highly likely that your documents will be found now that there's an investigation.

Thank you for the valuable information, it seemed very unlikely to me that they, The U.S. consulate would print a new passport for her since shes not from the U.S. We truly appreciate anyone input and guidance. But like many have stated we must just wait, pray, and keep in touch with the Consulate. It's hard, but not the end of the world. 

Timeline

Issue was resolved this morning!!! 10/17/2018 Apparently they found our Visa Package. Of course they gave no explanation, which we knew they wouldnt, only that the issue was resolved! Either way later on she received an e-mail at around 1053 AM with her tracking number and stating her visa package was ready to be picked up at the ASC in Juarez!!! She went as soon as she could. Sure enough it was there! We are very grateful it was resolved so fast... 1 day!!! Thanks to all you wonderful people who gave advice! It took 3 weeks and 1 day for our package to arrive after being approved at the interview! Hasta luego amigos!

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:26 AM, jan22 said:

When attending the interview you will first past through the line with a Country Special CO, in this case from Mexico. They go through documents to ensure that every thing is there that would be required by the Mexican Government so this fact is obvious. Since they are associated with the Mexican Government this wouldn't be their first rodeo to have a "file" go missing with passports and visas. My post was factual as I did not say that the US Government was going to physical create another passport belonging to another country. That's absurd. My response was that this has happened before and it can be handled. According to the OP's posting today it was completed to their satisfaction.

Btw can you :time:and complete your profile so others can identify the country that you are processing a visa from.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.