dwheels76

NVC Filers - October 2018

712 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Keki915 said:

Just an update to people here. We completed our case and my wife came in at the end of September. And the answer is Yes if you arrive after the marriage date you can get a 10-year visa. cause our case was completed prior to our 2nd year anniversary and the people at the interviewing office was saying we would need to file for removal of conditions and that is not true you can get a 10-year visa just as long as your arrival date is after your 2nd year anniversary. and my wife got her green card 8 days after arrival we paid the fees prior to her arrival. We have no social security card yet and with no social security card, it was difficult to make a bank account as they suspect you of money laundering. Basically for us the whole process took 13 months but honestly i am not sure if it was worth it. If anyone got questions about the application process or any other advice I will be willing to help. I did my case on my own no lawyer and I spent a lot of time doing research to counter any issues they had with our case.

I would query that I have no SSN and I have an Bank of America account which is a joint account with my wife and Citibank was willing to open an account if I could show proof of residence in my wife's state. 

12/26/17 - NOA1

06/27/18 - NOA2 (+183 days)

07/11/18 - Case sent to NVC (+14 days)

07/18/18 - NVC Received (+7 days)

08/10/18 - NVC Case Number (+23 days)

09/06/18 - All Docs Submitted (+27 days)

09/19/18 - Case Complete at NVC (+13 days)

10/18/18 -  Interview appointment letter received (+29 days)

11/20/18 - Interview Date (+33 days) - APPROVED!

11/26/18 - Visa Received 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, redvines said:

I would query that I have no SSN and I have an Bank of America account which is a joint account with my wife and Citibank was willing to open an account if I could show proof of residence in my wife's state. 

no its not that as being the problem we could open the account but they began a list of questions about wire transferring and where and how much will the account be doing wire transfers and for the purpose etc. basically the banker which is someone i deal with regularly says IRS will monitor her account and cant exceed what we state in the questions or it will raise a red flag to her until she gets a social number they took all the information of her country's residence as well as scanned her passport and filed it and said her account is unable to obtain interest until the social comes. 

20 minutes ago, Keki915 said:

no its not that as being the problem we could open the account but they began a list of questions about wire transferring and where and how much will the account be doing wire transfers and for the purpose etc. basically the banker which is someone i deal with regularly says IRS will monitor her account and cant exceed what we state in the questions or it will raise a red flag to her until she gets a social number they took all the information of her country's residence as well as scanned her passport and filed it and said her account is unable to obtain interest until the social comes. 

Ok, so not that you were unable to open an account as stated in the first post, just that you are unable to open an account and make income from it (i.e obtain interest) without a SSN. 

Getting my SSN quickly is something I worry about, so I have this saved in a note from the USCIS website:

What if I don't receive my SSN card within 3 weeks of arrival?

Contact us. In the United States, you may call the telephone number listed for the Social Security office in the local telephone directory under "United States Government" or Social Security's toll-free number 1-800-772-1213.

And I also have this saved from a post here on VisaJourney:

How ? walk into a SSA office and have them look you up.  If the card was already ordered from the DS-260 stuff, the number is in the system and the clerk will print out a page with the number on it (not the card). 

Also, if you're not in the system, well, you can apply today, then go back tomorrow and get the number. 

12/26/17 - NOA1

06/27/18 - NOA2 (+183 days)

07/11/18 - Case sent to NVC (+14 days)

07/18/18 - NVC Received (+7 days)

08/10/18 - NVC Case Number (+23 days)

09/06/18 - All Docs Submitted (+27 days)

09/19/18 - Case Complete at NVC (+13 days)

10/18/18 -  Interview appointment letter received (+29 days)

11/20/18 - Interview Date (+33 days) - APPROVED!

11/26/18 - Visa Received 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
6 hours ago, Keki915 said:

Just an update to people here. We completed our case and my wife came in at the end of September. And the answer is Yes if you arrive after the marriage date you can get a 10-year visa. cause our case was completed prior to our 2nd year anniversary and the people at the interviewing office was saying we would need to file for removal of conditions and that is not true you can get a 10-year visa just as long as your arrival date is after your 2nd year anniversary. and my wife got her green card 8 days after arrival we paid the fees prior to her arrival. We have no social security card yet and with no social security card, it was difficult to make a bank account as they suspect you of money laundering. Basically for us the whole process took 13 months but honestly i am not sure if it was worth it. If anyone got questions about the application process or any other advice I will be willing to help. I did my case on my own no lawyer and I spent a lot of time doing research to counter any issues they had with our case.

why do you think it was not worth it?!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline
8 hours ago, redvines said:

I have no SSN and no green card but was able to have a joint account with my husband. They basically just added me to my husband's account. Documents we showed were my passport and then our marriage certificate. We also explained we're gonna start the green card process.

19 hours ago, Faizal said:

Nop i get a checklist and we resubmit document on 4 and waiting for cc 

what about yours ? 

Got my cc on Oct 5. Now in line for interview. I will keep you updated. What was the checklist about?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hi guys,does some of you know if it’s possible to take the police certificate to the interview instead of scan it ,the thing is that I have to wait 5 days to receive that document and that’s the only thing stoping me from send all the civil documents ..!tjank you in advance .!!

Timeline
17 hours ago, redvines said:

Ok, so not that you were unable to open an account as stated in the first post, just that you are unable to open an account and make income from it (i.e obtain interest) without a SSN. 

Getting my SSN quickly is something I worry about, so I have this saved in a note from the USCIS website:

And I also have this saved from a post here on VisaJourney:

i never stated i was unable to open a account i said it was difficult. 

Timeline
13 hours ago, mrmvkjts said:

why do you think it was not worth it?!

The reason why I think its not worth it i came back to America from living in Singapore. I havent lived in America for a while and i realized that after coming back to America it has become so poor. Homeless everywhere and people are crazy. Taxes are crazy although on paper it seems like I earn a lot more but after taxes I only earn about 100 more a month i paid only about 5000 dollars a year in taxes in singapore but here I paid that amount in just a few months. As for my wife she went from earning a high 6 figure salary in her country to earning a quarter of that so we are thinking to jump back over to where is better for us. I may just keep this green card thing as a way to retire in America when we get older but for now its not our best choice to live here. 

2 hours ago, Andy josue said:

Hi guys,does some of you know if it’s possible to take the police certificate to the interview instead of scan it ,the thing is that I have to wait 5 days to receive that document and that’s the only thing stoping me from send all the civil documents ..!tjank you in advance .!!

I think it’s best to wait for your police certificate to arrive then scan it. Than to send your package to nvc without the police clearance they will send you a checklist asking for the police certificate since it’s a requirement. Getting a checklist will make the whole process longer than it already is. Trust me, i’ve got two checklists. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.