dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview November 2018

1,625 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Kiwigirl19 said:

No we, here in NZ, supply the consulate with a self addressed prepaid courier bag, and that is what they return our visa and passport in. 

Hey lady!

I had my interview in Auckland last week, and I received my passport with Visa today. My case was expidited so that may have helped me but it should not still say 'ready' after you have already been approved. I can imagine if they say they are trying to fix it as fast as possible, they would be. They seem to be really busy, more so than usual.

Edited by Goinghome26
Spelling

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Dbase said:

Called NVC and got interview for Nov 1st!!!!! 🎉Morocco Embassy. CC was 8/14. We never received an email/instructions. Rep stated it will take 1 week to resend. 

wow...congrats. :) 

38 minutes ago, Goinghome26 said:

Hey lady!

I had my interview in Auckland last week, and I received my passport with Visa today. My case was expidited so that may have helped me but it should not still say 'ready' after you have already been approved. I can imagine if they say they are trying to fix it as fast as possible, they would be. They seem to be really busy, more so than usual.

Thank you for reponding. How did you get it expedited? I already have low confidence in this consulate as they misplaced my case back in Jan-March it was supposed to be at the NVC but was sent to Auckland and Auckland said they didnt have it for months. I spent every day for weeks emailing nvc, uscis and the consulate trying to get someone to find it, and it was found eventually at auck consulate after calling auckland multiple times and insisting they look again. It was supposed to have been sent to nvc from uscis but somehow it ended up here. So that put my case back 3 months!! 

3 minutes ago, Kiwigirl19 said:

Thank you for reponding. How did you get it expedited? I already have low confidence in this consulate as they misplaced my case back in Jan-March it was supposed to be at the NVC but was sent to Auckland and Auckland said they didnt have it for months. I spent every day for weeks emailing nvc, uscis and the consulate trying to get someone to find it, and it was found eventually at auck consulate after calling auckland multiple times and insisting they look again. It was supposed to have been sent to nvc from uscis but somehow it ended up here. So that put my case back 3 months!! 

Wow that sounds difficult, I can imagine you are well and truly fed up. When did you first file with uscis? When you got to the consulate, did they ask you when you planned on traveling to the US? I told them ASAP so I don't know if that helped me

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I got CC approved. Not Sure what exact date i got approval news over a call to nvc. Does anyone know how long until interview date at CD Juarez Mexico?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, lvsweets said:

I got CC approved. Not Sure what exact date i got approval news over a call to nvc. Does anyone know how long until interview date at CD Juarez Mexico?

YES, congrats :)  NVC will send email to you within a week for your Immigrant Visa Case becoming Documentarily Qualified. then they will be working with your country embassy to schedule for your interview date and will let you know the date. Hope we will have this soon. :) 

15 minutes ago, lvsweets said:

Right now the wait is looking to be about 6+ months unfortunately.  I will be entering my 7 month soon still no word. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thank youuuu so much. Sad we must wait so long. But i guess patience is best. Im saddened i wanted so bad to spend my xmas here in the states.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, Dbase said:

Called NVC and got interview for Nov 1st!!!!! 🎉Morocco Embassy. CC was 8/14. We never received an email/instructions. Rep stated it will take 1 week to resend. 

Wow! Congratulations! It's funny to know that if you had not called you would have probably received the information quite late. I wish you a successful interview and covet this kind of message soon. Thanks for this piece.

6 hours ago, Goinghome26 said:

Wow that sounds difficult, I can imagine you are well and truly fed up. When did you first file with uscis? When you got to the consulate, did they ask you when you planned on traveling to the US? I told them ASAP so I don't know if that helped me

Yes, it really has been long and tiring. How was your experience with this whole visa journey? 

Our first file date was Feb 2017 for this visa. I told them I plan on traveling around beginning of december (because my annual contract with work ends mid Nov). I know my visa is approved, atleast Ive been verbally told that it is twice, but the longer it takes to get to me the more of a time crunch I have for finances getting tighter, and organising everything else. 

Just wondering, did you ship any of your belongings to the states? If so which company did you use? I dont have much, atleast no furniture or big things.

Its nice to make a connection with a kiwi on here, as there dont seen to be very many (if any) that are active. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
24 minutes ago, crissyfisher said:

My interview is tomorrow guys please keep me in your prayers .

Good luck !!

Met: 10/15/2015

Married: 04/30/2017

I-130 Sent: 10/13/2017

NOA1: 10/18/2017

NOA2: 06/02/2018

NVC: 07/06/2018

NVC CC: 08/17/2018

Received email today for interview november 13!!! I'm just all over the place to finally be able to see finish line. We submitted documents on september 1st, but two weeks later got email saying that i provided wrong version of police certificate from lithuania(which they clearly state on nvc website but I didn't see it...) and posted correct version on october 1st, so was already prepared to wait for interview until january as it seems it takes about 2 months from posting documents to interview + holidays coming up. So excited, but haven't started preparing for it at all, it was so unexpected lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Gabrielejjn said:

Received email today for interview november 13!!! I'm just all over the place to finally be able to see finish line. We submitted documents on september 1st, but two weeks later got email saying that i provided wrong version of police certificate from lithuania(which they clearly state on nvc website but I didn't see it...) and posted correct version on october 1st, so was already prepared to wait for interview until january as it seems it takes about 2 months from posting documents to interview + holidays coming up. So excited, but haven't started preparing for it at all, it was so unexpected lol

That's amazing!  When was your Case Completed?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.