TBoneTX

February 2018 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,664 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
6 minutes ago, kabney110 said:

Ok here's the situation, according to the guy who read me my RFE letter:

I sent my divorce decree, signed by a judge and certified by the court clerk and I was told that the RFE asks for proof that a divorce was filed. What in the actual hell? I spent the afternoon calling the state where I divorced, they were like we sent you everything we had, what else do they want?

Did you send the original one?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, kabney110 said:

Yeah, it had the raised stamp and everything...

Oh wow that’s really pretty frustrating to know of what else they want. Maybe a much more experienced one can answer this. @Greenbaum @geowrian @NuestraUnion @BJ & Christine

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
17 minutes ago, kabney110 said:

Yeah, it had the raised stamp and everything...

I wouldn't go by what the officer told u. I would wait until u have rfe in hand and see what it says. 

Dont stress over over something I can't control until the hard copy is in hand.

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Lucy&Jason said:

Oh wow that’s really pretty frustrating to know of what else they want. Maybe a much more experienced one can answer this. @Greenbaum @geowrian @NuestraUnion @BJ & Christine

1 minute ago, BJ & Christine said:

I wouldn't go by what the officer told u. I would wait until u have rfe in hand and see what it says. 

Dont stress over over something I can't control until the hard copy is in hand.

I have to get it from another state and that takes time so I'm just going to ask for a new certified copy and a letter of authentication from the court clerk...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have to get it from another state and that takes time so I'm just going to ask for a new certified copy and a letter of authentication from the court clerk...

I have not heard of a officer telling anyone what rfe was about. Normally they don’t have access to that information from what I recall reading. 

When received my rfe for a divorce decree it states they only wanted a copy of it. Didn’t ask for certified or anything else.

Edited by BJ & Christine

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Timeline
2 minutes ago, BJ & Christine said:

I have not heard of a officer telling anyone what rfe was about. Normally they don’t have access to that information from what I recall reading. 

When received my rfe for a divorce decree it states they only wanted a copy of it. Didn’t ask for certified or anything else.

He referenced my ex husband's name as in the "divorce involving ", he was reading it word for word but he could only see part of the letter. He said there were two boxed that needed to be checked but couldn't see what they were for some reason.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, BJ & Christine said:

Some were lucky being faxed or read to them just like @kabney110 but not our RFE. They were reluctant to us even just reading it due to privacy.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, kabney110 said:

He referenced my ex husband's name as in the "divorce involving ", he was reading it word for word but he could only see part of the letter. He said there were two boxed that needed to be checked but couldn't see what they were for some reason.

So it’s really better to just wait for the rfe mail for more precise needed documents to be submitted and filled out. If you were already notified through site update, you can expect that the rfe mail will arrive by Saturday or early next week.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
9 hours ago, madameMaison said:

After sending a service inquiry, we got a generic email stating that we should here a response within 45 days. 

No RFE

We're sitting on 224 days (according to old website).

I don't care anymore. My fiancé is coming back to South Africa and I can't wait to fall pregnant. Life must go on.😂

I’m going back to SA in two weeks too. The South African cases seem to be held up. We filed the same day and I got the same response as well 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
14 hours ago, BJ & Christine said:

If sent certified next day should have notice today or tomorrow. If sent standard mail should have notice within 5 to 7 days.

@americaninlove answered the rest correctly.

I just tracked it... 

Scheduled Delivery by

THURSDAY27 SEPTEMBER2018by
3:00pm

Status

In-Transit

September 26, 2018 at 10:20 pm

Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility

PHILADELPHIA PA DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

Meanwhile I called today and was nicer than I ever have been in my life...
just yes ma'am,
why thank ya ma'am
thank ya and Ya'll have a blessed day now.
I could care less about that #######... when she told me they can take 60 bdays to review and reply that just completely ruined my day, week, month, year- my fiance's friggin Divorce certificate (as they call it in Japan) was in the packet... I swear I think they just want to mess with us and make our lives miserable.

It's like a 10 year old really wants a baseball glove for his Birthday... and he see's the gift box... feels like a baseball glove inside when he shakes it, and then he rips open the giftwrap to find a sweater and a book...uggghhhhh

Timeline
14 hours ago, americaninlove said:

For everyone else on here? It seems about 10 days. I'm on day 20 and nothing. The average from here seems to be 14-60 days I guess. The old site updated for me when they received my RFE, so at least I know they received it. I would check both sites in the next day to see if they update that it's received.

I see nothing on the site saying they even sent me the RFE.

whats the old site URL

I just go to USCIS.GOV and see nothing when I log in

Timeline
14 hours ago, BJ & Christine said:

Tbh I'm really past the point of caring. It's gunna happen when it happens. Yeah it pisses me off seeing people get approved within 10 days of sending there rfe back. Also, sent them in after myself with a few others that r in same boat 🚣

Glad to see others get there approval. Wondering when our adjuster is going to finally have a look at them and go. Ouch *%#+, these been sitting here for 3 weeks now. Best got on this...🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

I've been a worker bee, salesmanager worker bee and an owner... and now back to being a worker bee and I love what I do but I hate letting anything sit and not follow it through till the end... as an owner i had a business partne... i almost fired him for sitting on paperwork that kept us from closing a deal and getting paid... whether it's a big deal or small I do them all and get them done as soon as possible.

This wait is kiling me...my friends and family keep asking me why and I elt them knwo gov't employees don't work fast.. why not?... because thye don't have too.... uggghhhh

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
On 9/25/2018 at 10:12 PM, Lucy&Jason said:

Congratulations... did they notify you thru email with your approval?

no email, nothing on the new site.... Just the old site... the new one still says case received

Timeline

I thought this photo of a USCIS adjudicator's desk was interesting. I pictured maybe a handful of files at a time, it seems like quite a lot to juggle and oddly made me feel a bit better that my case wasn't just rotting in a corner alone and forgotten. 

Screenshot_20180925-231238.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.