TBoneTX

February 2018 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,664 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Swiftgrl13 said:

Guys, 

We are approved (09/21)! 

Only old web site / case tracker app was updated.

02/20/2018 - NOA1 (new web site)

09/07/2018 RFE was mailed (only old web site was updated)

09/10/2018 RFE was faxed 

09/11/2018 Response was sent 

we haven’t signed the RFE request, we replied with faxed copy

09/12/2018 Response on RFE was received (only old web site was updated on the same day)

09/21/2018 NOA2 (only old web site and app was updated).

Congradulations on the exstreamly quick turn around. 

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, BJ & Christine said:

Congradulations on the exstreamly quick turn around. 

Thank you very much!

I’ve texted with another couple, their response on RFE was received on the same date (09/12) and they are approved today too.

It’s funny that I received notification from new web site but it has never been updated (our case status is still received), only old web site is updated. But for that couple everything is different: they received email from old web site, but it hasn’t been updated, only new one is updated with their approval.

Guys, check all web sites and snail mail, it’s impossible to guess how you will be notified about your approval.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, Swiftgrl13 said:

Thank you very much!

I’ve texted with another couple, their response on RFE was received on the same date (09/12) and they are approved today too.

It’s funny that I received notification from new web site but it has never been updated (our case status is still received), only old web site is updated. But for that couple everything is different: they received email from old web site, but it hasn’t been updated, only new one is updated with their approval.

Guys, check all web sites and snail mail, it’s impossible to guess how you will be notified about your approval.

Thank u very much for the info.. I checked new site yesterday but not today... waiting here still. Been 16 days.

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Day 207 I can’t believe it , no rfe no approval nothing 😥 people from the end of March are getting approved , our case is straight forward no marriage no kids this is so unfair 

15 minutes ago, Sarah6422 said:

Day 207 I can’t believe it , no rfe no approval nothing 😥 people from the end of March are getting approved , our case is straight forward no marriage no kids this is so unfair 

I'm curious to explore more why some petitions take longer than others, especially the straight forward cases... I've read it's due to how long the background checks take, so out of curiosity does the petitioner have anything that would make a background check more complicated - like a super common name, or maybe having lived outside the U.S. or something?

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Timeline
14 minutes ago, MeghanK said:

I'm curious to explore more why some petitions take longer than others, especially the straight forward cases... I've read it's due to how long the background checks take, so out of curiosity does the petitioner have anything that would make a background check more complicated - like a super common name, or maybe having lived outside the U.S. or something?

Nope pretty uncommon name , neither of us have lived anywhere else . Im from Ireland  , a low fraud country.

Pretty sure we haven’t missed anything on the form. If we had why haven’t we received an rfe ??

5 minutes ago, Sarah6422 said:

Nope pretty uncommon name , neither of us have lived anywhere else . Im from Ireland  , a low fraud country.

Pretty sure we haven’t missed anything on the form. If we had why haven’t we received an rfe ??

Gah - Yeah it is not fun that there isn't anyway to know if your petition will move fast or slow. Just an observation, to me it seems like RFEs take a bit longer to get out than approvals, which kind of makes sense considering there's a whole new document that needs to be created by USCIS rather than a standard NOA2. Not suggesting you might be getting an RFE or anything, but just to note. Hang in there, every day you are closer than the last!

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022

Timeline
56 minutes ago, MeghanK said:

Gah - Yeah it is not fun that there isn't anyway to know if your petition will move fast or slow. Just an observation, to me it seems like RFEs take a bit longer to get out than approvals, which kind of makes sense considering there's a whole new document that needs to be created by USCIS rather than a standard NOA2. Not suggesting you might be getting an RFE or anything, but just to note. Hang in there, every day you are closer than the last!

Ok  my fiancé rang , we received an rfe sep 10th . They are still drafting the letter apparently. The lady said we should have received in the mail by now so she’s going to call and push it. 

I’m grateful for that info at least. She didn’t have to tell us anything .

I told him to be nice to her not sure if that helped! 

11 minutes ago, Sarah6422 said:

Ok  my fiancé rang , we received an rfe sep 10th . They are still drafting the letter apparently. The lady said we should have received in the mail by now so she’s going to call and push it. 

I’m grateful for that info at least. She didn’t have to tell us anything .

I told him to be nice to her not sure if that helped! 

Yay, this is good news, considering any news is good news in this! It's helpful to know this "still drafting the letter" thing - when we consider how long it takes just to get out standard template notices 🤔

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022

1 hour ago, ability said:

hi guys)

After 213 days our case got appoved  

NOA1 (Old Website): February 15,2018

NOA1 (New Website): February 19,2018
RFE  was mailed September 03.2018

RFE was received September old site 12 and new 13

NOA2 : September 20,2018  updated today 7 hours ago, only  new site 
good luck to everyone who is still waiting!!!

Congrats to those getting these quick RFE approvals! Mine was received on September 16th so it’s been 15 days and nothing.  Considering our evidence that they asked for was the dumbest thing ever (an intent to marry letter that we included just like so many others that was copied right from this site and others sent who were approved with the same letter), it just doesn’t seem like it should take so long to approve (although I also realize it’s only been two weeks, which is not really a very long time). They don’t need to do anything or look anything up or even verify that what I sent is valid. It’s a freaking form letter. Ugh. 

Anyway, question...do people just get denied at this point?  I mean, what if I misunderstood the request for evidence? What if I sent in the wrong thing? Will they just deny us at this point? I’m just trying to understand whether this is just about waiting my turn, in which case it seem so easy, or whether I am waiting to find out whether we will even get approved? That obviously seems much more stressful and is my fear. Has anyone heard of someone just getting denied at this point? I have not seen that on this board. 

10 minutes ago, americaninlove said:

Congrats to those getting these quick RFE approvals! Mine was received on September 16th so it’s been 15 days and nothing.  Considering our evidence that they asked for was the dumbest thing ever (an intent to marry letter that we included just like so many others that was copied right from this site and others sent who were approved with the same letter), it just doesn’t seem like it should take so long to approve (although I also realize it’s only been two weeks, which is not really a very long time). They don’t need to do anything or look anything up or even verify that what I sent is valid. It’s a freaking form letter. Ugh. 

Anyway, question...do people just get denied at this point?  I mean, what if I misunderstood the request for evidence? What if I sent in the wrong thing? Will they just deny us at this point? I’m just trying to understand whether this is just about waiting my turn, in which case it seem so easy, or whether I am waiting to find out whether we will even get approved? That obviously seems much more stressful and is my fear. Has anyone heard of someone just getting denied at this point? I have not seen that on this board. 

thank you, my advice to you don't worry now and keep calm, just wait,  and you'll see appoved soon . Our rfe was - answer for two questions .

Edited by ability

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
29 minutes ago, MeghanK said:

Yay, this is good news, considering any news is good news in this! It's helpful to know this "still drafting the letter" thing - when we consider how long it takes just to get out standard template notices 🤔

Here's the thing, I've had an RFE in draft since August 31st, I've been told that a draft doesn't mean that you will necessarily get an RFE. They begin looking through the file, make a draft of what they're looking for, and may find the information somewhere in your file. They can decide that they don't need it, however it may still take awhile. 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, kabney110 said:

Here's the thing, I've had an RFE in draft since August 31st, I've been told that a draft doesn't mean that you will necessarily get an RFE. They begin looking through the file, make a draft of what they're looking for, and may find the information somewhere in your file. They can decide that they don't need it, however it may still take awhile. 

Whhhat!?! So you don’t know if you have an rfe or will be approved ? Call them ! If you don’t get an explanation , call again and speak to someone else !  Have you seen people not get the rfe after all and get approved instead? 

I don’t know what to think anymore , she said we’d have it within 2 week, were you told the same ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
6 hours ago, Swiftgrl13 said:

Guys, 

We are approved (09/21)! 

Only old web site / case tracker app was updated.

02/20/2018 - NOA1 (new web site)

09/07/2018 RFE was mailed (only old web site was updated)

09/10/2018 RFE was faxed 

09/11/2018 Response was sent 

we haven’t signed the RFE request, we replied with faxed copy

09/12/2018 Response on RFE was received (only old web site was updated on the same day)

09/21/2018 NOA2 (only old web site and app was updated).

Howow!!!!! Congratulations @Swiftgrl13 🎉🎊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.