TBoneTX

February 2018 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,664 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
1 hour ago, madameMaison said:

Alright so my fiancé has sent the service request, and it says to expect a reply by October 5th. 

Happy we could do something. Thank you @Lucy&Jason and @BJ & Christine for the information. 

Now to patiently wait for a response. 

That’s great... atleast you’ll be hearing something on or before Oct. 5th. You are most welcome.. Their response might be an rfe but hopefully it will be an APPROVAL ... :dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
1 hour ago, io.giuliana said:

Hello Everyone!

My fiance just got an email.

NOA1 Old Website: February, 28th

NOA1 New Website: March,2nd

Case Approved: September,12th (only on the new website, old one is still received)

Can't believe it yet!!

Congratulations to you... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
2 hours ago, madameMaison said:

Alright so my fiancé has sent the service request, and it says to expect a reply by October 5th. 

Happy we could do something. Thank you @Lucy&Jason and @BJ & Christine for the information. 

Now to patiently wait for a response. 

We have the exact same dates I called on Monday and they put in a service request. I’m also contacting my congressman. I’m not sure which one to contact because my mailing address is in a different state from which I reside due to the fact that I was living with him in South Africa for a year. I only just got back now. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, SAlove18 said:

We have the exact same dates I called on Monday and they put in a service request. I’m also contacting my congressman. I’m not sure which one to contact because my mailing address is in a different state from which I reside due to the fact that I was living with him in South Africa for a year. I only just got back now. 

Well, call the one that will get the problem solved 😂... I'm just joking , just let whoever you call know about your living situation I guess.  

And if I may ask, what does calling a congressman do ? Like what is their role in the visas processes? And are you allowed to call them while you have a service request pending?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Day 199... We decided to give it a chance until tomorrow before make the call to USCIS.

NOA 1 *NEW* USCIS website: March 01, 2018

RFE USCIS website: September 26, 2018

RFE Hard copy: October 01, 2018

RFE Response Sent:  October 10, 2018

RFE Received by USCIS:  October 16, 2018

NOA2!!!!! *NEW* USCIS website: November 2, 2018

NVC Received: November 14, 2018

NVC Case Number: November 29, 2018

NVC In Transit: December 11, 2018

NVC Ready: December 13, 2018

Medical: February 18, 2019

CAS (Biometrics): February 19, 2019

Interview: February 20, 2019 - APPROVED!

CEAC Issued: Februery 27, 2019

VOH: March 12, 2019

POE: March 23, 2019

Marriage: May 10, 2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tajikistan
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Daniela M_______ said:

Day 199... We decided to give it a chance until tomorrow before make the call to USCIS.

The wait is getting annoying 

Timeline
53 minutes ago, madameMaison said:

Well, call the one that will get the problem solved 😂... I'm just joking , just let whoever you call know about your living situation I guess.  

And if I may ask, what does calling a congressman do ? Like what is their role in the visas processes? And are you allowed to call them while you have a service request pending?

Well from what I understand the congressman will send a request on your behalf because UsCIS employees are payed through our taxes so if they aren’t doing their job or you feel like they should be doing something a certain way reaching out to congress can help speed up the process. Especially now elections are getting close. They do anything for votes lol 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, SAlove18 said:

Well from what I understand the congressman will send a request on your behalf because UsCIS employees are payed through our taxes so if they aren’t doing their job or you feel like they should be doing something a certain way reaching out to congress can help speed up the process. Especially now elections are getting close. They do anything for votes lol 

Makes sense.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tanzania
Timeline
1 hour ago, mdma11 said:

Let us know how it goes, we’ve decided to give them a call next week since will be more closer to the 7 months. 

NOA1: 02/26/2018 (old website)

NOA1: 03/01/2018 (new website)

RFE issued 09/19/2018 - waiting for the hard copy 

Finally Recieved a faxed copy of the RFE 10/22/2018 

sent the faxed RFE copy 10/29/2018 

Received a hard copy in the mail 10/30/2018 

NOA2: 11/06/2018 😃💃💃💃

Received an email from NVC about receiving the case Recently. 11/15/2018

event.png

Timeline
1 hour ago, mdma11 said:

It surely is annoying since we don’t even know where we stand, it’s really tough but we are all so helpless. 

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tajikistan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, June1990 said:

Let us know how it goes, we’ve decided to give them a call next week since will be more closer to the 7 months. 

Yeah I will call next week too. Hope you get a surprise news when you call. A pleasant one :)

Timeline
11 minutes ago, mdma11 said:

Yeah I will call next week too. Hope you get a surprise news when you call. A pleasant one :)

Hahha hope you do too and all of the others waiting. ❤️🙏🏼

event.png

8 hours ago, Swiftgrl13 said:

We were in the same situation too: our RFE draft was generated on

Aug 28th, it was mailed on Sept 7th (they weren’t able to see it before it was mailed). We received faxed copy on Sept 10th and we were told that we could send our response on RFE with faxed copy which we got and we did that. Maybe it depends on what do they ask for, but who knows.

We sent our response on Sept 11th, they received it on Sept 12th and status in app / old web site was changed on the same

day.

Waiting game #2 is officially started again.

Thank you so much, this gives me a lot of hope. At least they have touched it, that makes me happy because I am seeing some people on here where their petitions  have not even been touched.  This is so sad.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.