TBoneTX

February 2018 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,664 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tanzania
Timeline
18 hours ago, Daniela M_______ said:

I'm overwhelmed, I know immigration processes aren't easy, this will be my second one... but I'm trying to have a better understanding on what to do after NOA2 and for AOS once I'm there (I need a general idea of the whole picture), turns out I have like 5 process to get done almost simultaneously in the next 6 months and it's driving me crazy.

1. Get Venezuelan passport renewed (October 2018).

2. Have Mexican residency renewed to be able to attend to interview in Mexico. (Nov 2018).

3. Get ready for medical and interview at Juarez (Ongoing - Dec 2018).

3. Move to the US (Packing + tickets + quit job).

4. Courthouse marriage + apply for a lot of things I don't understand yet (SSN / drivers license / insurance).

5. File for AOS.

6. Plan a the wedding ceremony.

All of the items having their own paperwork + fees + waiting times.

Do you think it would be a good idea to hire an agency or lawyer to help with AOS or is it something we can do (I'll have the time anyways...).

I guess will do the AOS ourselves despite of the other things that will have to do. I won’t have work either so might as well 

NOA1: 02/26/2018 (old website)

NOA1: 03/01/2018 (new website)

RFE issued 09/19/2018 - waiting for the hard copy 

Finally Recieved a faxed copy of the RFE 10/22/2018 

sent the faxed RFE copy 10/29/2018 

Received a hard copy in the mail 10/30/2018 

NOA2: 11/06/2018 😃💃💃💃

Received an email from NVC about receiving the case Recently. 11/15/2018

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Good morning February filers. Just wanted to know has anyone else recieved a message like this from USCIS... I Recieved a message on August 29 of action change because I got a Rfe... I will be sending my rfe reply today. But in the morning I have recieved this message. 

Any one else? 

Screenshot_2018-09-12-07-28-43.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Kely&Jose said:

Good morning February filers. Just wanted to know has anyone else recieved a message like this from USCIS... I Recieved a message on August 29 of action change because I got a Rfe... I will be sending my rfe reply today. But in the morning I have recieved this message. 

Any one else? 

Screenshot_2018-09-12-07-28-43.png

Yes we have. If u go back a page or 2 it's discussed.

anyways, it's a generic email stating we have not forgotten u but, wait longer as we like to see u suffer. 😂😂😂😂

Edited by BJ & Christine

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 hours ago, Lucy&Jason said:

It’s really hard to predict USCIS but i feel you. I know how this process can be stressful. If it is really kicking you out, i suggest have a call to USCIS and ask for any update on your case. This will calm you a little bit. 😊😊😊

My fiancé did called USCIS on Monday. They said we were on background check. But I think if that’s true we should have our answers right now but we don’t. It’s not possible they take more than 1 day in background check 😕

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Jajacque said:

My fiancé did called USCIS on Monday. They said we were on background check. But I think if that’s true we should have our answers right now but we don’t. It’s not possible they take more than 1 day in background check 😕

If u believe that it only takes one day to do back ground checks. Ur in for a long wait. 

Put it it this way. If someone has the same name and a criminal record. They need to make sure which person is which. They can't snap there fingers and have that answer. 

Uscis is doing there best (🤣) to take care of everyone in a some what timely matter. We can only speculate on why some take longer then others. But, getting frustrated, mad, upset, pissed won't make it go any faster. Need to keep busy and let things fall into place. It will happen. Made it this far what's a bit more time?

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline
2 hours ago, BJ & Christine said:

Yes we have. If u go back a page or 2 it's discussed.

anyways, it's a generic email stating we have not forgotten u but, wait longer as we like to see u suffer. 😂😂😂😂

Oh thank you very much... I was very confused why I had gotten that email.  

Hopefully soon all the rfes' will get their aproval. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, kabney110 said:

I spoke with tier 2 again today and was told that my RFE will be sent out by September 22, I guess I'll start the 10 day countdown now.

Hopefully before that you’ll get it. Incredible taking so long to send a letter!!!

did your status change in any website?

February filer here and i am a bit confused with USCIS processing guidelines, so anyone that can assist me it would be very helpful. Filed our fiance visa February 12th and spoke to a tier 2 officer yesterday and today to find out that our case has been put on hold si

February filer here the 12th to be exact and needing some advice or guidance on what if anything we can do. I called and spoke with a tier 2 officer yesterday and today to receive the same answer that our petition had been placed on hold for evidence since September 5th. However, both officers were unable to see what the request for evidence was. My question for anyone is that has this happened to anyone before? What is the timeframe that USCIS has before they can send an update to the petitioner? What type of RFE's are out there? This is so nerve racking and unfair as i feel that they should have to give you an update by 7 months. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
41 minutes ago, etapia said:

February filer here the 12th to be exact and needing some advice or guidance on what if anything we can do. I called and spoke with a tier 2 officer yesterday and today to receive the same answer that our petition had been placed on hold for evidence since September 5th. However, both officers were unable to see what the request for evidence was. My question for anyone is that has this happened to anyone before? What is the timeframe that USCIS has before they can send an update to the petitioner? What type of RFE's are out there? This is so nerve racking and unfair as i feel that they should have to give you an update by 7 months. 

My RFE has been in the printer queue since August 31, I put in an inquiry and I call every day. Today they said that they will send it out on September 22, I don't know why they chose that date? They said that when you put in an inquiry, you may wait 30 days for a response. It's a mess with no rhyme or reason. My advise would be to call and keep calling until something moves.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
4 hours ago, Jajacque said:

Hopefully before that you’ll get it. Incredible taking so long to send a letter!!!

did your status change in any website?

No, there has been no update to either site, only verbal clues.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
8 hours ago, Jajacque said:

7 hours ago, BJ & Christine said:

If u believe that it only takes one day to do back ground checks. Ur in for a long wait. 

Put it it this way. If someone has the same name and a criminal record. They need to make sure which person is which. They can't snap there fingers and have that answer. 

Uscis is doing there best (🤣) to take care of everyone in a some what timely matter. We can only speculate on why some take longer then others. But, getting frustrated, mad, upset, pissed won't make it go any faster. Need to keep busy and let things fall into place. It will happen. Made it this far what's a bit more time?

Agree with @BJ & Christine. Background checks can take a month or even months to be completed. There’s no way that it can be done in just a day.

Hang in there my friend your approval is on the way... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
6 minutes ago, kabney110 said:

No, there has been no update to either site, only verbal clues.

Most of the time, they will update the website first before they will mail to you the RFE letter. We knew about our rfe Aug. 13. They kept on telling us it was sent out Aug. 8 everytime we call them but we received nothing. Aug. 25th i was notified through email and got the update in the new website. Aug. 30 we received the rfe mail that’s dated Aug. 27. 

Give them a week or two for your rfe letter to arrive.

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Lucy&Jason said:

Agree with @BJ & Christine. Background checks can take a month or even months to be completed. There’s no way that it can be done in just a day.

Hang in there my friend your approval is on the way... 

Thank you guys!

Yeah now I see it makes sense. Well...so I'll try to be positive and hope next week they'll be done with our background checks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.