ramu2012

N-400 September 2018 Filers

510 posts in this topic

On 3/21/2019 at 7:50 AM, Jerry and Elena said:

Hi! Thank you!:) Yes, it is usually what suppose to happen, but I seen some cases when after successful N400 interview, IO sent a person back to wait for i751 interview because  uscis was not ready. So I prefer to check on them;)  so far I got interview notice only online, before that I had transfer to NBC notice, that's all. Thank you! Wish you quick and easy last step of your immigration process!:) Good luck everybody!

Hi,

Was wondering if the Denver office gave you the combo interview? Just checking as my interview is May 8th in Denver. I have called uscis and sent an email to alert them we have a pending I-751 so I’m hoping they will be prepared to give us the combo interview. Any info would be great and thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Pasquel said:

Hi,

Was wondering if the Denver office gave you the combo interview? Just checking as my interview is May 8th in Denver. I have called uscis and sent an email to alert them we have a pending I-751 so I’m hoping they will be prepared to give us the combo interview. Any info would be great and thanks.

Hi! I don't know what is going on, but twice been trying answer to you and my messages disappears.. One more time :))) interview was for both I751 and N400, everything went fast and easy, and if not one thing I would wait for my oath ceremony now. But IO requested transcripts from IRS for last year to make sure taxes was paid, she didn't accepted turbotax copy and recite. Thing is earliest when transcripts will be available it's in 3-4 weeks sinse you payed your taxes, so for me it's May 12, + time for delivery, + time to send it to USCIS, and here I'm May 25 is my due to send answer to USCIS. We'll see how it's will turn out. So far I have a card is being produced status, and RFE was mailed. Good luck to you! Fortunately you have more time to get recent transcripts.

event.png

10 hours ago, Jerry and Elena said:

Hi! I don't know what is going on, but twice been trying answer to you and my messages disappears.. One more time :))) interview was for both I751 and N400, everything went fast and easy, and if not one thing I would wait for my oath ceremony now. But IO requested transcripts from IRS for last year to make sure taxes was paid, she didn't accepted turbotax copy and recite. Thing is earliest when transcripts will be available it's in 3-4 weeks sinse you payed your taxes, so for me it's May 12, + time for delivery, + time to send it to USCIS, and here I'm May 25 is my due to send answer to USCIS. We'll see how it's will turn out. So far I have a card is being produced status, and RFE was mailed. Good luck to you! Fortunately you have more time to get recent transcripts.

Hi, thanks so much for your response.  Glad they did the combo interview and it went good!  That is a bummer about the tax transcript I had read in another blog that sometimes they require those.  I am still waiting on my 2018 tax transcript I ordered about a week ago.  So were they going to do the oath ceremony on the same day? Hope everything comes together quickly for you, at least you are right at the finish line!

11 hours ago, Jerry and Elena said:

Good to know about the Tax Return Transcripts from IRS. I just requested 2017 and 2018. Should be mailed in 5-10 days. I still don't have an interview scheduled. 

When I log into my account online estimated time is 6 days :) 

I-485 Timeline

25 Mar 15 ==> Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 with USPS

27 Mar 15 ==> Package arrived Chicago P.O. Box

04 Apr 15 ==> Checks cashed. (420 + 1070)

06 Apr 15 ==> Text/Email NOS1 received

11 Apr 15 ==> Got hardcopies for all 4 forms

17 Apr 15 ==> Got biometrics appointment letter (30 April 2015)

23 Apr 15 ==> Early walk-in successful (201 Varick St. New York City)

27 Apr 15 ==> Mail Notice Form I-693 was not submitted. (Will submit on Interview)

16 Jun 16 ==> Submitted online Case Inquiry for Form I-765

19 Jun 15 ==> Approval Notice via Mail for form I-765 and I-131

19 Jun 15 ==> Case Status Changed with Tracking Number. USPS picked EAD Card

23 Jun 15 ==> Got EAD Card

24 Jun 15 ==> Applied for SSN

01 July 15 ==> Got SSN

20 Oct 15 ==> Interview scheduled for November 23, 2015

23 Nov 15 ==> Interview date. Approved on spot

24 Nov 15 ==> Online Case Status changed to "New cards is being produced"

03 Dec 15 ==> Received Green Card

I-751 Timeline

20 Aug 17 ==> Received Notice to file I-751

31 Aug 17 ==> Sent I-751 with USPS

02 Sep 17 ==> Package Arrived Vermont Center

07 Sep 17 ==> Checks cashed ($595 + $85)

08 Sep 17 ==> I-751 Notice (Extension Letter)

23 Sep 17 ==> Notice for Biometrics

03 Oct 17 ==> Biometrics Appointment

05 Nov 17 ==> Received Extension Letter

20 Aug 18 ==> Received 2nd Extension Letter (18 Months)

N-400 Timeline (3 Year Rule)
25 Aug 15 ==> 90 Day Window Opens
05 Sep 18 ==> N-400 Filed (Online) (New York)

05 Sep 18 ==> Receipt Notice (Estimeted wait time 11 Months)

7 Sep 18 ==> Biometrics Letter Received

12 Sep 18 ==> Biometrics Early Walk-In (Estimeted wait time updated 9 Months)

27 Sep 18 ==> Biometrics Appointment 

23 Aug 19 ==> Interview Letter Received

08 Oct 19 ==> Interview

13 Dec 19 ==> Oath Ceremony/ US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Hello! It’s been quite some time..

since my interview in January, I’ve been waiting for the ceremony (judiciary with name change in Memphis, TN). No update at all.. I scheduled my infopass for in a few days (when I’ll be at day 121 since the interview). I want to travel, but am scared to do it until it’s done. The last time i travelled, I had a bad experience at the customs. 

Good luck everyone, I see that we already have a lot of new citizens. Congratulations!! 

K1

AOS

ROC

09/14/2017 : Package Sent (CSC)

09/15/2017 : Package Received (CSC)

09/15/2017 : NOA1 Date

10/12/2017 : Biometrics

--/--/---- : Interview

--/--/---- : Decision

N400

09/01/2018 : Application Sent (online)

--/--/---- NOA1 Date

--/--/---- : Biometrics

--/--/---- : Interview

--/--/---- : Decision

So it's not gonna be easy.

It's going to be really hard;

we're gonna have to work at this everyday,

but I want to do that because I want you.

I want all of you, forever, everyday.

You and me.. everyday.

___The NoteBook

9 hours ago, Pasquel said:

Hi, thanks so much for your response.  Glad they did the combo interview and it went good!  That is a bummer about the tax transcript I had read in another blog that sometimes they require those.  I am still waiting on my 2018 tax transcript I ordered about a week ago.  So were they going to do the oath ceremony on the same day? Hope everything comes together quickly for you, at least you are right at the finish line!

20 hours ago, Jerry and Elena said:

I think you can print transcript online from IRS website pretty quick... or is it some kind of a special certified transcript they ask for??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
On 4/23/2019 at 10:20 PM, Jerry and Elena said:

They wouldn't accept your online transcripts? You can do that pretty easily and quickly.

N-400 Naturalization acpplication

9/9/2018: 90 day window early application opened. (3 year rule)

9/9/2018: N-400 Application submitted ONLINE. Estimated case completion: November 2019 (14 months).

9/10/2018: NOA

9/15/2018:Scheduled for Biometrics appointment. Scheduled for 10/1/2018

10/1/2018: Biometrics completed. 

4/11/2019: Scheduled for Interview.

5/20/2019: Interview day, APPROVED!

5/30/2019: Oath Ceremony. Officially a US citizen! Time to Vote :D

AOS / AP / EAD

7/22/2015: Mailed I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765

7/28/2015: Received electronic notification that USCIS has received my case and they are forwarding it to national benefits center.

8/1/2015: Received Hard copy of NOA of all 4 forms by mail.

8/6/2015: Received Biometrics appointment in mail, date 8/20

8/20/2015: Biometrics completed.

8/31/2015: Case updated to Interview scheduled for 10/1/2015

9/1/2015: Received interview letter hardcopy by mail

9/28/2015: EAD / AP Card in production

10/1/2015: Interview completed, unfortunately will need further review...

10/3/2015: Recieved EAD / AP combo card in mail

11/16/2015: Completed first Infopass. J1 file still pending from DOS

12/9/2015: I485 / I130 approved. I-485 updated to "New Card is being produced"!!!

12/14/2015: Received I130/I485 approval / Welcome letter

12/15/2015: Received Green Card in mail!!!!

J1 Exceptional Hardship Waiver Timeline:

12/18/2014: Form DS-3035 was received by the DOS

11/2014-2/2015: We collected letters of support from Family

2/15/2015: Last DS-2019 was received.

2/27/2015: Sent I-612 + Affidavit and supporting documents (This was sent to California Service Center)

3/4/2015: USCIS received I-612 and sent Form I-797C notice of action in mail which I received later on.

4/9/2015: USCIS requested another non-USCIS advisory opinion for Form I-612

4/14/2015: From I-612 and I-613 were received by the DOS

5/6/2015: DOS: Post input: received,

6/27/2015: DOS decision turned to Favorable recommendation, Recommendation sent on 6/26

7/2/2015: USCIS approved I-612 application online

7/9/2015: Received Hard copy approval in mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
32 minutes ago, medicalguy said:

They wouldn't accept your online transcripts? You can do that pretty easily and quickly.

I don't know yet if they will. Today we'll call to IRS on phone that was provided by USCIS and see . Besides it if for online transcript we need to create an account at IRS site it not going to happen because they  accepting only phones on contract for creating account, but we're using cells without contracts.

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

24 hours old US Citizen

Got my interview and same day oath (only perk of NJ).

Arrived 20 minutes early and interview started 20 mins late, IO V. RODRIGUEZ was very professional.

Right hand up and oath that all what I'll say is the truth

1. Personal data verification.
  2. Name changes if any (denied).
  3. supposed to be updating the application but system was acting up, so she so professionally skipped to the next step.
  4. Civics (not in order)
    1. What is freedom of religion.
    2. What is the age for males to sign for selective service.
    3. Who is the chief of the Military.
    4. Name a part of the government.
    5. During the cold war what was the main concern, 
    6. When do we celebrate independence day.
  5. Read: Who is George Washington?
  6. Write on the tablet ahead: Washington was the first president.
  7. Generic No/Yes questions
  8. Back to update the application, corrected the destination of my travels after the application that they got wrong.
  9. Asked for my spouse's original birth certificate (3 yrs rule).
  10. Check and sign how my details would look like on the naturalization certificate.
  11. Recommended for approval.

Time: ~20-30 mins mainly because system being slow.

Back to waiting area, with pre-oath documents that I checked boxes saying nothing has changed since my interview, signed and dated.

Got an message from USCIS, status changed, checked and it said, oath ceremony has been scheduled and we mailed you the notice.

Got called to a window where I gave them the pre-oath document, signed a copy and the original naturalization certificate after verifying sure information is correct and gave me a flag and an envelope with passport application and oath copy. 

Back to waiting area where I relentlessly chased my son around and everyone saying he is cute and how come he is white and I'm brown-ish and me smiling socially while my wife sat in the back literally having contractions for our baby#2 (real story) that was delivered 7hrs later.

Got called to the oath room families sat in the back 99% citizens up front, watched a video, national anthem, oath, watched Mr. Trump welcoming the now 100% citizens cause we swore the oath, got original certificate, darted to the hospital.

Whole thing took ~4 hrs.

Applied for passport 3 hours ago, so I can come back to my country if I had to leave for any reason.

Mail man, stapled through the $555 certificate so carelessly.

When it comes back I'll then update SS, DMV(MVA) records and register to vote.

I'M DONE

Local Office: Newark, NJ

N400 Timeline

90 Day window opens...........08/08/18

N-400 filed (Online)...............09/02/18 (Didn't know I can file with a pending i751 till that date)

Receipt notice (Online).......................09/02/18 (Estimated completion: 1YR)

Receipt notice (In mail).......................09/07/18

Biometrics scheduled  ..........09/08/18

Biometrics letter rcvd (Online) ..........09/10/18

Biometrics letter rcvd (In mail) ..........09/14/18

Biometrics completed (Early walk-in).......09/10/18

Biometrics appointment.......09/25/18

Biometrics reviewed.............09/11/18 (Estimated completion date shortened by 1 month)

Interview scheduled .............03/06/19

Interview letter rcvd (online)............03/07/19

Interview letter rcvd (In mail) ..........03/11/19

Interview date................................04/24/19 (234 days after filing)

Oath.......................................04/24/19

US Citizen

My status just got updated to the following

does anyone have idea what this could be

Request for Initial Evidence Was Mailed

On April 24, 2019, we mailed a request for initial evidence for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, Receipt Number xxxxxxxx. The request for evidence explains what we need from you. We will not take action on your case until we receive the evidence or the deadline to submit it expires. Please follow the instructions in the request for evidence. If you do not receive your request for evidence by May 9, 2019, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Just now, spring333 said:

On April 24, 2019, we mailed a request for initial evidence for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, Receipt Number xxxxxxxx. The request for evidence explains what we need from you. We will not take action on your case until we receive the evidence or the deadline to submit it expires. Please follow the instructions in the request for evidence. If you do not receive your request for evidence by May 9, 2019, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Looks like and RFE, they probably want more documentation. The letter will tell you what documents they need. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, CrystalTan said:

Finally after 7 months waiting I received their email saying that my interview had been scheduled. But It’s only for N400, they didn’t even mention the Condition Removal form I-751.

It will be a combo interview....both at the same time....congratulations!!!

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

21 hours ago, spring333 said:

Did you do your interview already? or you are still waiting for it?

18 minutes ago, lovemywife85 said:

Did you do your interview already? or you are still waiting for it?

I had interview in March. 15 min in and out. It was so smooth. IO asked me for taxes from last 2 years and divorce paperwork. I applied under 5 year rule

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.