smilesammich

Trump warns of 'left-wing violence' if Democrats win mid-term elections

54 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, Sonea said:

They had trouble keeping things organized IMO. Also, in comparison to ANTIFA, I consider BLM peaceful. The only things I'm aware of that they consistently did that  were bad were trying to shutdown freeways and occasional property damage.

I didn't say new, I said a new force...as in a new force in american politics. Prior to 2017 they weren't very mainstream. Technically Antifa dates back to the 1930s.

Nope I never heard of any violence at BLM riots either 

Image result for black lives matter violence

5 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

Nope I never heard of any violence at BLM riots either 

blm riots? i'm unaware of blm organizing any riots.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
20 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

i don't think it's when a conservative speaker goes to a college (milo/richard spencer aren't just vanilla conservatives). i think you're relying too much on conservative media to tell you the truth about these incidents.

antifa is not anti free speech, they're anti hate speech

Well, their definition of hate speech is pretty broad based on what I have seen.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Well, their definition of hate speech is pretty broad based on what I have seen.

guess it depends on how you define hate speech.

and also if you're cherry picking incidents (like the kid with the american flag) that don't actually mesh with antifa's overall intent. 

2 minutes ago, 2018JNJ said:

Define that please.

jj

you want me to define hate speech, or just hate. because i think you can google it yourself. you can also read the link i posted a few posts up, has some quotes from actual antifa activists - of which i am not. 

democrats and antifa are not synonymous and the vast majority of democrats do not at all support antifa's approach. but i get why trump is trying to pull this false comparison off.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
11 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

guess it depends on how you define hate speech.

and also if you're cherry picking incidents (like the kid with the american flag) that don't actually mesh with antifa's overall intent. 

When a group chooses to fight against free speech, they better have a very narrow definition of that speech and considering how loose the fascist group that calls themselves antifa I think it is a good bet they will violate their own definitions.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

12 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

democrats and antifa are not synonymous and the vast majority of democrats do not at all support antifa's approach. 

Can you cite any major democrat disavowing antifa, blm, splc, or other such groups that spread hate and discord?

Edit - Wikipedia ?? 

jj

Edited by 2018JNJ

8 minutes ago, 2018JNJ said:

Can you cite any major democrat disavowing antifa, blm, splc, or other such groups that spread hate and discord?

Edit - Wikipedia ?? 

jj

well i'd have to first be able to agree with you that these entities spread hate and discord. i certainly don't.

yeah wikipedia, anything in a wiki article can be independently verified if you have doubts.

According to Brian Levin, director of the Center for the Study of Hate and Extremism at the California State University, San Bernardino, Antifa activists participate in violent actions because "they believe that elites are controlling the government and the media. So they need to make a statement head-on against the people who they regard as racist".[7] According to Mark Bray, a historian at Dartmouth College sympathetic to the antifa movement's goals, the adherents "reject turning to the police or the state to halt the advance of white supremacy. Instead they advocate popular opposition to fascism as we witnessed in Charlottesville".[38]

The idea of direct action is central to the antifa movement. Antifa organizer Scott Crow told an interviewer: "The idea in Antifa is that we go where they [right-wingers] go. That hate speech is not free speech. That if you are endangering people with what you say and the actions that are behind them, then you do not have the right to do that. And so we go to cause conflict, to shut them down where they are, because we don't believe that Nazis or fascists of any stripe should have a mouthpiece".[7] A manual posted on It's Going Down, an anarchist website, warns against accepting "people who just want to fight". It furthermore notes that "physically confronting and defending against fascists is a necessary part of anti-fascist work, but is not the only or even necessarily the most important part".[40]

According to Beinart, antifa activists "try to publicly identify white supremacists and get them fired from their jobs and evicted from their apartments", in addition to "disrupt(ing) [sic] white-supremacist rallies, including by force".[41]According to a Washington Post book review, antifa tactics include "no platforming", i.e. denying their targets platforms from which to speak; obstructing their events and defacing their propaganda; and when antifa activists deem it necessary, deploying violence to deter them.[39] According to National Public Radio, "people who speak for the Antifa movement acknowledge they sometimes carry clubs and sticks" and their "approach is confrontational".[42] CNNdescribes antifa as "known for causing damage to property during protests".[7] Scott Crow, described by CNN as "a longtime Antifa organizer", argues that destroying property is not a form of violence.[7] The groups have been associated with physical violence in public against police[43] and against people whose political views its activists deem repugnant.[44] Antifa activists used clubs and dyed liquids against the white supremacists in Charlottesville[45]and caused property damage.[7] In one incident, an apparent antifa supporter punched white supremacist Richard Spencer in the face as he was giving an impromptu street interview[46][47] and on another occasion, in Berkeley, it was reported that some threw Molotov cocktails.[7]

Apart from the other activities, antifa activists engage in mutual aid, such as disaster response in the case of Hurricane Harvey.[48][49] According to Natasha Lennard in The Nation, antifa "collectives are working with interfaith groups and churches in cities around the country to create a New Sanctuary Movement, continuing and expanding a 40-year-old practice of providing spaces for refugees and immigrants, which entails outright refusal to cooperate with ICE".[50]

17 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

When a group chooses to fight against free speech, they better have a very narrow definition of that speech and considering how loose the fascist group that calls themselves antifa I think it is a good bet they will violate their own definitions.

meh. i'd rather be on the side of those fighting nazis, imperfect as they are, than be on the side of those supporting a nazis' right to spread their murderous intent. 

Edited by smilesammich

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
1 hour ago, smilesammich said:

i don't think it's when a conservative speaker goes to a college (milo/richard spencer aren't just vanilla conservatives). i think you're relying too much on conservative media to tell you the truth about these incidents.

antifa is not anti free speech, they're anti hate speech. 

Whats your view on Ann Coulter or Ben Shapiro? Antifa in Berkeley blocked both (though Shapiro did come back later).

Edited by Sonea

9 minutes ago, Sonea said:

Whats your view on Ann Coulter or Ben Shapiro? Antifa in Berkeley blocked both (though Shapiro did come back later).

my view is that they're idiots. and i honestly don't pay either any attention. 

eta: it wasn't just antifa that shut them down. many protesters weren't affiliated with antifa.

Edited by smilesammich

1 hour ago, smilesammich said:

interesting. what's this? destruction of property! is this antifa? no. it's eagles fans.

uploads1517855167380-DVRxx5UX4AEZSqa.jpg

When you have to justify a wrong by equalizing it with another wrong. You have vacated the mortality of your position. 

The Nature Boy 2018