smilesammich

Trump warns of 'left-wing violence' if Democrats win mid-term elections

54 posts in this topic

tds takes on new meaning. lol

US President Donald Trump has warned that his policies will be "violently" overturned if the Democrats win November's mid-term elections.

He told Evangelical leaders that the vote was a "referendum" on freedom of speech and religion, and that these were threatened by "violent people".

He appealed to conservative Christian groups for help, saying they were one vote away from "losing everything".

Mid-term elections are widely seen as a test of the president's popularity.

Mr Trump has been battling negative publicity after his ex-lawyer and former campaign chief were convicted earlier this month.

An audio recording of Mr Trump's closed-door meeting with Evangelical leaders at the White House was leaked to US media.

During the meeting, Mr Trump said the mid-term elections were not just a referendum on him but also "on your religion, it's a referendum on free speech and the First Amendment [guaranteeing basic freedoms]".

"It's not a question of like or dislike, it's a question that they will overturn everything that we've done and they will do it quickly and violently. And violently. There is violence. When you look at Antifa - these are violent people," he said.

Antifa - short for anti-fascist - refers to groups of far-left protesters who fight far-right ideology and regularly clash with far-right demonstrators.

The US president has previously criticised left-wing groups, infamously saying that there had been violence on "many sides" after a white nationalist killed a left-wing demonstrator at a white nationalist protest in Charlottesville last year.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45340275

be very afraid!

10 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

I'm not worried about violence if they win. I'm worried about a violent temper tantrum when they lose.

was there a violent temper tantrum in 2016? seems to me trump is just trying to scare people.

3 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

was there a violent temper tantrum in 2016? seems to me trump is just trying to scare people.

Yes and its ongoing. The prediction of butthurt was real

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

No need to be afraid,

Conservatives can just wear black masks and go beat up on some people, smash a few windows, possibly trash a college or two to vent. Quite a trendy thing to do these days and barely makes the headlines in most media outlets

Mar-15-2017 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

Mar-21-2017 - NOA1 Priority date & Case assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Dec-15-2017 - NOA2 I-130 approved

Jan-08-2018 -  NVC received

Jan-17-2018 - Received DS-261 AOS bill

Jan-17-2018 - Paid DS-261 AOS bill & submit 

Jan-26-2018 - Received IV bill

Jan-27-2018 - Paid IV bill

Feb-10-2018 - Send IV package

Feb-13-2018 - Scan Date

Feb-27-2018 - NVC Case Complete

Mar-17-2018   Receive interview date for April, St Patrick's Day good day to be Irish

Apr-17-2018    Interview at Dublin Embassy 

Apr-17-2018    Interview completed now in AP pending submitting other paperwork

Apr-25-2018    Additional information provided as requested 

May-09-2018   Visa approved, CEAC status changed to "Issued"

May-11-2018   Passport returned along with envelope for border control. 

Sep-18-2018    Entry through US Precleance Dublin, no problems at all.

Aug-27-2021   N400 for citizenship based on 3 year rule filed electronically

Aug-27-2021   NOA1 application received

Oct-02-2021    Notification of biometrics date

Oct-26-2021    Biometrics 

Jul-27-2022     Interview Raleigh NC, passed and same day oath

15 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

Yes and its ongoing. The prediction of butthurt was real

um what? where's the violence? i'm not seeing it.

10 minutes ago, Mr&Mrs G. said:

No need to be afraid,

Conservatives can just wear black masks and go beat up on some people, smash a few windows, possibly trash a college or two to vent. Quite a trendy thing to do these days and barely makes the headlines in most media outlets

as long as they're punching nazis it's all good with me.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

I get it nazis are bad no disagreement here.

Antifa doesn't seem to discriminate who it hurts or what it damages, equal opportunity violence for all organisation. So no one will care when the shoe is on the other foot and conservatives start trashing the place, free violence for all.

Feb-13-2018 - Scan Date

Mar-17-2018   Receive interview date for April, St Patrick's Day good day to be Irish

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
20 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

um what? where's the violence? i'm not seeing it.

There has been more violence in the streets in the past year then any other year since the LA Riots IMO.

ANTIFA has been a new force since the last election in the US. I guess the question to ask is, have their been more supremacist and facist demonstrations in the last year or is the spotlight just on them now? (Probably the former)

7 minutes ago, Sonea said:

There has been more violence in the streets in the past year then any other year since the LA Riots IMO.

ANTIFA has been a new force since the last election in the US. I guess the question to ask is, have their been more supremacist and facist demonstrations in the last year or is the spotlight just on them now? (Probably the former)

Notice how the anti police violent BLM group went away as soon as the election was over 

17 minutes ago, Mr&Mrs G. said:

I get it nazis are bad no disagreement here.

Antifa doesn't seem to discriminate who it hurts or what it damages, equal opportunity violence for all organisation. So no one will care when the shoe is on the other foot and conservatives start trashing the place, free violence for all.

antifa didn't trash charlottesville when they were there defending peaceful protestors against nazis..they protected religious leaders as the police stood by and did nothing. i don't buy the whole conservative push to demonize antifa.

anyway, antifa isn't that big of an organization. trump is just using them to scare people. oddly enough, nazis and other assorted racist groups don't seem to bother conservatives anymore.

2 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

Notice how the anti police violent BLM group went away as soon as the election was over 

they haven't gone away. and they're not anti police.

12 minutes ago, Sonea said:

source?

antifa is not new. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifa_(United_States)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

They had trouble keeping things organized IMO. Also, in comparison to ANTIFA, I consider BLM peaceful. The only things I'm aware of that they consistently did that  were bad were trying to shutdown freeways and occasional property damage.

1 minute ago, smilesammich said:

I didn't say new, I said a new force...as in a new force in american politics. Prior to 2017 they weren't very mainstream. Technically Antifa dates back to the 1930s.

Edited by Sonea

1 minute ago, Sonea said:

I didn't say new, I said a new force. Technically Antifa dates back to the 1930s.

oh ok, i think you're correct - there have been more facist/supremacist demonstrations recently.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

antifa didn't trash charlottesville when they were there defending peaceful protestors against nazis..they protected religious leaders as the police stood by and did nothing. i don't buy the whole conservative push to demonize antifa.

anyway, antifa isn't that big of an organization. trump is just using them to scare people. oddly enough, nazis and other assorted racist groups don't seem to bother conservatives anymore.

they haven't gone away. and they're not anti police.

How many times has there been antifa problems on college campuses? Every time a conservative speaker is asked to come to the college antifa comes out in force and causes more damage. 

Antifa in its US guise is anti free speech, just because they supposedly protected religeous leaders in Charlottesville shouldn't give them a free pass for everything. But yet they are the darlings of the left, it's the hypocracy of the left I don't understand. 

Edited by Mr&Mrs G.

Feb-13-2018 - Scan Date

18 minutes ago, Mr&Mrs G. said:

How many times has there been antifa problems on college campuses? Every time a conservative speaker is asked to come to the college antifa comes out in force and causes more damage. 

Antifa in its US guise is anti free speech, just because they supposedly protected religeous leaders in Charlottesville shouldn't give them a free pass for everything. But yet they are the darlings of the left, it's the hypocracy of the left I don't understand. 

i don't think it's when a conservative speaker goes to a college (milo/richard spencer aren't just vanilla conservatives). i think you're relying too much on conservative media to tell you the truth about these incidents.

antifa is not anti free speech, they're anti hate speech.