33 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

They can not deny you until or unless you have committed a crime. Your case raised red flags that's why they conducted a stokes interview. Which does not mean they will deny you. The IO will review your paperwork and submit his/her findings to the supervisor for the approval. They will take a few days or a week or two. As I said they will approve you if you have not falsified anything. Regards 

One of the biggest mistakes that can made here on VJ is telling someone that they can't be denied without knowing much about their case or showing proof that they only people who have been denied are people who commit crimes. People have been denied before without committing crimes (normally it's divorce waiver issues), if they can't prove bonafide marriage then yes, they can be denied. It's very rare, but it happens. They are the people who end up living in different states, with different finances, and weak reasons to explain it all off.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

1 hour ago, Ash.1101 said:

One of the biggest mistakes that can made here on VJ is telling someone that they can't be denied without knowing much about their case or showing proof that they only people who have been denied are people who commit crimes. People have been denied before without committing crimes (normally it's divorce waiver issues), if they can't prove bonafide marriage then yes, they can be denied. It's very rare, but it happens. They are the people who end up living in different states, with different finances, and weak reasons to explain it all off.

Amen!

They conducted a stokes interview. That's very alarming and should not be brushed off. Something caused the officer to second guess the validity of your marriage. It may be because the evidence you submitted was very weak or it could be some other reason that goes back to your AOS interview or quite possibly it's a combination of both.

My AOS interview went pretty bad. The cause? Lack of evidence. The IO said he was insulted by our lack of preparedness. We had joint bank accounts, car registration and insurance, photos and that was it. We only had joint documentation of things that happen after the marriage. We did not make getting utility bills in our name a priority because it wasn't important to us. I explain that to the IO. He said it's very important to the process of AOS so we should have done it. We were both very surprised I got approved. I think I know what changed his mind. A follow-up question he asked took us down to a line of new questioning that revealed the major changes my wife had to make for us to be together (including but not limited to transferring job, moving to a different state). He originally thought I'd moved in with my wife.

Thankfully, my I-751 was approved without a second interview. Sent in tons of evidence that time... including pictures of me cutting our firstborn umbilical cord in the delivery room.

I don't think you've given us much insight into your situation for anyone to offer solid advice. I understand if you do not want to share that but you won't get the best advice if you're holding back. You should consider talking with an attorney, especially given the current climate. Don't take this lightly. 

Best wishes.

AOS (I-485) - Vermont Service Center | NYC Field Office

March.....17, 2014..........Package Mailed

March.....20, 2014..........Package Received

April........25, 2014..........Biometrics Taken

June.........7, 2014..........Received EAD (mailbox)

June.......10, 2014..........Interview at Federal Plaza, NYC (hellish experience but approved on the spot)

June.......16, 2014..........Received GC (mailbox)

ROC (I-751) - Vermont Service Center | NYC Field Office

April.......23, 2016...........Package Mailed

April.......26, 2016...........Package Accepted (NOA Receipt Letter - Conditional Status Extended)

June......10, 2016...........Biometrics Taken

April.........8, 2017...........Conditions Lifted (Application Approved)

April......14, 2017............Approval Letter Received (USPS Stamp Dated April 11, 2017)

May.........1, 2017............Received 10 yr GC (mailbox)

Naturalization (N-400) - National Benefits Center | NYC Field Office (3 year Rule)

April....17, 2017.............Package Mailed

April....19, 2017.............Package Received 

May.....19, 2017.............Biometrics Taken

May.....26, 2017.............In Line for Interview

Sep.....12, 2017.............Interview at Federal Plaza (Recommended)

Sep.....27, 2017.............Oath Ceremony (Federal Plaza) - My journey has ended. Will be starting the AOS process for my mom soon. Another chapter will be written.

US Passport & Card: 2017 Applicants
======================================
==================================================
UserName......|Expedited|Sent....|CheckCash|TrackDate|PASSPORT|PPT-CARD|NAT CERT|Location

Private One...|No.......|09/30/17|10/04/17.|10/04/17.|10/14/17|No......|10/13/17|New York, NY

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
20 hours ago, Sad.wasi said:

Yes my 751 was pending when i applied for citizenship  , and yea they scheduled both interviews separately,  for i 751 which was today and for n400 which is on Sept 20th next month , so when i mentioned that to my IO , she said do not  come to that interview you 751 has to be approved before that 🤔🤔🤔🤔

GO TO N400 INTERVIEW .DONT GIVE ANY IMPORTANCE TO WHAT IO SAID TODAY.

2 hours ago, destiny-hope said:

GO TO N400 INTERVIEW .DONT GIVE ANY IMPORTANCE TO WHAT IO SAID TODAY.

Bad advice... OP should absolutely consider what happened extremely important and even if she go to N400 interview she needs to tell them about what happen, though I'm sure they will already know. Also yes, ROC needs to be approved first or at least at the same time... without decision on ROC they won't approve OPs N400. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Roel said:

Bad advice... OP should absolutely consider what happened extremely important and even if she go to N400 interview she needs to tell them about what happen, though I'm sure they will already know. Also yes, ROC needs to be approved first or at least at the same time... without decision on ROC they won't approve OPs N400. 

Well if i dont get interview cancel notice in the mail and dont go to interview either then its gonna be denied yea? Cuz n400 interview was scheduled from nbc 

Interview Date is november 18, 2014 :dancing: :goofy: :idea:

:wow:

2 minutes ago, Sad.wasi said:

Well if i dont get interview cancel notice in the mail and dont go to interview either then its gonna be denied yea? Cuz n400 interview was scheduled from nbc 

That wasn't what Roel said.  The N-400 cannot be approved without the I-751 being approved.  So today's interview was very important but that doesn't mean they shouldnt attend the next interview either.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
7 hours ago, Roel said:

Why I said that u must go to N400 interview because had kind of the same situation .so when I went to N400 interview during pending ROC .IO had no n n choice than to do interview for ROC which was approved on spot then I did N400 Interview and was approved too. So dont try to miss N400 Interview and then u loose ur chance to take care of everything .  

Be mindful of what happened at the stokes interview, there may still be additional i751 queries. 

And make sure to attend the n400 interview. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

@Sad.wasi: I'm trying to familiarize myself with your situation so I went to your AOS post. You've had issues from day one. Your AOS interview was a train wreck (link below). I'm not saying your marriage is fake but it may seem that way to USCIS. The evidence you summited in your ROC package obviously did not convince them otherwise. Again, you had a stokes interview. They only conduct these when fraud is suspected. You need to speak with an attorney. You may dig yourself into a deeper hole by going to N400 interview without consultation. Let me remind you that you file for naturalization using the 3-year rule. That's a big issue if there are doubts about the validity of your marriage.

There's a lot a stake. Consulting with an experienced immigration attorney is your safest bet. 

Edited by Private One

AOS (I-485) - Vermont Service Center | NYC Field Office

March.....17, 2014..........Package Mailed

March.....20, 2014..........Package Received

April........25, 2014..........Biometrics Taken

June.........7, 2014..........Received EAD (mailbox)

June.......10, 2014..........Interview at Federal Plaza, NYC (hellish experience but approved on the spot)

June.......16, 2014..........Received GC (mailbox)

ROC (I-751) - Vermont Service Center | NYC Field Office

April.......23, 2016...........Package Mailed

April.......26, 2016...........Package Accepted (NOA Receipt Letter - Conditional Status Extended)

June......10, 2016...........Biometrics Taken

April.........8, 2017...........Conditions Lifted (Application Approved)

April......14, 2017............Approval Letter Received (USPS Stamp Dated April 11, 2017)

May.........1, 2017............Received 10 yr GC (mailbox)

Naturalization (N-400) - National Benefits Center | NYC Field Office (3 year Rule)

April....17, 2017.............Package Mailed

April....19, 2017.............Package Received 

May.....19, 2017.............Biometrics Taken

May.....26, 2017.............In Line for Interview

Sep.....12, 2017.............Interview at Federal Plaza (Recommended)

Sep.....27, 2017.............Oath Ceremony (Federal Plaza) - My journey has ended. Will be starting the AOS process for my mom soon. Another chapter will be written.

US Passport & Card: 2017 Applicants
======================================
==================================================
UserName......|Expedited|Sent....|CheckCash|TrackDate|PASSPORT|PPT-CARD|NAT CERT|Location

Private One...|No.......|09/30/17|10/04/17.|10/04/17.|10/14/17|No......|10/13/17|New York, NY

Timeline
2 hours ago, Private One said:

@Sad.wasi: I'm trying to familiarize myself with your situation so I went to your AOS post. You've had issues from day one. Your AOS interview was a train wreck (link below). I'm not saying your marriage is fake but it may seem that way to USCIS. The evidence you summited in your ROC package obviously did not convince them otherwise. Again, you had a stokes interview. They only conduct these when fraud is suspected. You need to speak with an attorney. You may dig yourself into a deeper hole by going to N400 interview without consultation. Let me remind you that you file for naturalization using the 3-year rule. That's a big issue if there are doubts about the validity of your marriage.

There's a lot a stake. Consulting with an experienced immigration attorney is your safest bet. 

So u mean , i should consult with an attorney after my n400 or before ? Thank u for ur kind advice 

On 8/23/2018 at 4:15 AM, Oliver Heartmont said:

our interview was 15 minutes and he only asked two very basic questions.

Remember, the grilling from the officers would be based on the country you have emigrated from. OP is from Pakistan....you are from Sweden. They are far more scrutinized.

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 8/23/2018 at 1:15 AM, Oliver Heartmont said:

He said they do much stricter interviews for people that come from red flag countries, but he said if you’re from Scandinavia then they basically approve you without checking much

human flaws! I would hope they do stricter check for everyone. 

Removal of Conditions

CIS Office :California Service Center

Receipt #: WAC18096XXXXX

Date Filed :2018-01-02

NOA Date :2018-01-04

18 month courtesy copy: 2018-08-18

18 month official copy: 2018-10-22

Approval: 2019-02-01

GC received : 2019-02-08

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

We know the OP personally and there is a large amount of information that he is leaving out of his story, which is not my place to divulge. IMHO USCIS had very good reasons to conduct a stokes interview with them and I would definitely suggest seeking out professional guidance before going to an N-400 interview.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, nadia&sameer said:

We know the OP personally and there is a large amount of information that he is leaving out of his story, which is not my place to divulge. IMHO USCIS had very good reasons to conduct a stokes interview with them and I would definitely suggest seeking out professional guidance before going to an N-400 interview.

Thank you for ur kind advice ,  i cant really post everything here , well my IO clearly  told me to not attend n400 interview  ,  so what are my options  atm ? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sad.wasi said:

Thank you for ur kind advice ,  i cant really post everything here , well my IO clearly  told me to not attend n400 interview  ,  so what are my options  atm ? 

Even if you get your 10 year green card I think they will look even closer at your situation at the N-400 interview.  I would consider meeting with an attorney to discuss your situation and be completely honest about everything.  They can guide you to what is best to do.  The next month is very important for you and I worry that you may be beyond a do it yourself site.  This of course is just my opinion, but what can one meeting with a good immigration attorney hurt?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.