Dashinka

Mollie Tibbetts murder suspect Cristhian Rivera originally from Mexico, living in US illegally

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Timeline

What matter of interpretation is his lawyer trying to say? In the end it does matter as he is murderer first and foremost.

"On Tuesday night, the owners of the dairy farm said they had confirmed Rivera's immigration status with an E-Verify electronic status check. But on Wednesday, the dairy owners said Rivera was hired under a different name after presenting an out-of-state photo identification and a matching Social Security card.

The employer, Yarrabee Farms, ran it through a Social Security verification system. Richards claimed his client "has the legal documents" to work in the U.S. He said his client was recruited to work at a local farm, passed government vetting and has worked and paid taxes for years. He acknowledged his client's status may be a "matter of interpretation."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/politicians-target-immigration-law-arrest-050742006.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Umka36 said:

What matter of interpretation is his lawyer trying to say? In the end it does matter as he is murderer first and foremost.

"On Tuesday night, the owners of the dairy farm said they had confirmed Rivera's immigration status with an E-Verify electronic status check. But on Wednesday, the dairy owners said Rivera was hired under a different name after presenting an out-of-state photo identification and a matching Social Security card.

The employer, Yarrabee Farms, ran it through a Social Security verification system. Richards claimed his client "has the legal documents" to work in the U.S. He said his client was recruited to work at a local farm, passed government vetting and has worked and paid taxes for years. He acknowledged his client's status may be a "matter of interpretation."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/politicians-target-immigration-law-arrest-050742006.html

"matter of interpretation." 😂

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

"Yarrabee Farms, Rivera’s employer, issued a statement Tuesday night saying Rivera was vetted through the government's E-Verify system. However, a government archive does not indicate the Brooklyn, Iowa, farm as a participating member of the system.

On Wednesday, however, officials from the farm retracted the statement and acknowledged they did not use the E-Verify system."

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Where is the anger directed at Employer's hiring individuals without valid documents?

I-129F Submitted: 01 November 2017NOA1 Received: 03 November 2017NOA2 Received: 22 May 2018 | NVC Received: 08 June 2018 | Consulate Received: 06 July 2018 | Medical: 27 July 2018 | Interview: 10 August 2018 (APPROVED) | VISA in Hand: 22 August 2018 | POE: 28 September 2018 :joy:

Days between NOA1 until VISA in hand: 292

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
45 minutes ago, LeesaMarie said:

Where is the anger directed at Employer's hiring individuals without valid documents?

So this is all the fault of the employer?  I agree, employers that hire illegal aliens should be prosecuted.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Timeline
49 minutes ago, LeesaMarie said:

Anger?  No.  Frustration?  Yes.  This is nothing new, and the government does need to start cracking down on employers who cheat and lie for cheap labor.

That being said, the murderous intent comes from within the killer, in all cases. He’s not a victim of society, nor the system.  He shouldn’t have been in the US, and he shouldn’t have killed.  Wouldn’t surprise me to info out he’s done it before.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

So this is all the fault of the employer?  I agree, employers that hire illegal aliens should be prosecuted.

The murder is the fault of the murderer, he took someone's life.

However, I'm inclined to believe that the accused would not have been there if not for being offered work and employment. I'm just wondering why there's no focus here. People seem to have escalated the blame game, so now, rather than fault being with the individual who decided to take someone's life due to being rejected, the focus is now again on illegal immigration, but quite clearly, this guy was not surviving off of free bread and water; am I correct? He was able to survive in America through being "employed"? I think if people are using this even to bring up immigration, then you need to also bring up the fact that US citizens are "employing" the undocumented workers, and that this is not an accident.

It would appear that the idea a woman should be punished for refusing advances, is more than a problem with immigration. This is global. So, should this be a separate conversation, or do we actually get to the root cause of why USC's have an issue with their current immigration policy? Where does the accountability sit with this issue? 

In the UK if you are found to be employing someone without the correct right to work documents, it only carry's a fine of £20,000. Is there something similar in the US? Would more severe punishments effect the economy maybe, is there fear around shutting the whole thing down, despite the media campaigns focusing on illegal immigrants? I definitely feel like perhaps your government is voicing one opinion, while not making many attempts to solve the real problem. Or perhaps, just doing a little bit to appease the masses. What do you think? Does more than one entity share the blame for this issue? 

From an outsider looking in, I believe your government is aware of the working patterns and trends of undocumented workers, and their whereabouts. So why aren't employers being held accountable for encouraging this? Maybe they are, but it's not in the media, so who knows. Perhaps someone here is able to shed any light on this?

I'm not naive enough to think that the media shares the whole truth, but again, as the outsider, I see a lot of time, resources, and money, being spent "capturing" and "holding" illegal immigrants crossing the boarder, and not much into cracking down on what, and who allows them to remain. One could even go as close to saying that, a lot of rich people benefit from these illegal immigrants / undocumented workers, and no one wants to hold them accountable. 

I'm not sure where I was really going with this, it just triggered some thoughts. :) 

I-129F Submitted: 01 November 2017NOA1 Received: 03 November 2017NOA2 Received: 22 May 2018 | NVC Received: 08 June 2018 | Consulate Received: 06 July 2018 | Medical: 27 July 2018 | Interview: 10 August 2018 (APPROVED) | VISA in Hand: 22 August 2018 | POE: 28 September 2018 :joy:

Timeline
1 hour ago, LeesaMarie said:

Yes, there are laws against hiring illegal workers.  The authorities conduct raids on businesses frequently.  Who is harboring these illegal workers? Sanctuary cities are the to blame for any lack of prosecution.  California has even enacted laws aimed at preventing private businesses from giving the Feds information.......this isn't only  "rich people " not enforcing laws....this is the liberal machine encouraging and protecting illegal immigration.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, missileman said:

Yes, there are laws against hiring illegal workers.  The authorities conduct raids on businesses frequently.  Who is harboring these illegal workers? Sanctuary cities are the to blame for any lack of prosecution.  California has even enacted laws aimed at preventing private businesses from giving the Feds information.......this isn't only  "rich people " not enforcing laws....this is the liberal machine encouraging and protecting illegal immigration.

This is interesting. But focusing on this case in particular:

This happened in Iowa; is there the same mindset there, are there many sanctuaries for illegal workers in that area? I refer back to this incident, as it's being used to highlight illegal immigration. Do wealthy people not own these kind of farms where this undocumented worker was employed? Is this a liberal machine problem, or a greed problem? Who is to be held accountable for a person entering illegally, being employed by an american illegally, leading to the death of a woman who said "no". Is it 3 separate issues? 

There's a couple of factors here it seems, but to me it appears to go a bit deeper than weather or not you are a liberal.

Timeline

I agree that it is a problem with multiple factors......but the obstruction of federal authorities is a major factor, imo. 

"The sanctuary jurisdictions are listed below. These cities, counties, and states have laws, ordinances, regulations, resolutions, policies, or other practices that obstruct immigration enforcement and shield criminals from ICE — either by refusing to or prohibiting agencies from complying with ICE detainers, imposing unreasonable conditions on detainer acceptance, denying ICE access to interview incarcerated aliens, or otherwise impeding communication or information exchanges between their personnel and federal immigration officers.

A detainer is the primary tool used by ICE to gain custody of criminal aliens for deportation. It is a notice to another law enforcement agency that ICE intends to assume custody of an alien and includes information on the alien's previous criminal history, immigration violations, and potential threat to public safety or security."

image.png.704cff1d9bddbec874112a2374c584d4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Should those who enable and support such activity be included in criminal prosecutions? Are they not responsible for the consequences?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”