Shar Maine

Can I process my own CR1 visa?

16 posts in this topic

Hi I just want to ask if I can process my cr1 visa here in ph even I’m just the beneficiary of my petitioner husband since I have all the requirements needed for the application.

Edited by Shar Maine

Well, you can fill up the forms sure, you'll still need signatures and documents from your petitioner. You can't just apply on your own.

And CR1 visa will be process in the US, since that's where you have to send it.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

31 minutes ago, Shar Maine said:

Hi I just want to ask if I can process my cr1 visa here in ph even I’m just the beneficiary of my petitioner husband since I have all the requirements needed for the application.

You can help your husband with the forms and proofs of bonafide marriage but he has to file the petition ( Form I-130 ). My husband was willing to pay the service of RapidVisa because when I went over the forms, they're not really complicated. We decided to do it on our own. Reading the guides and with help of the people on this forum, we made it. 

6 minutes ago, Noe&Estella said:

You can help your husband with the forms and proofs of bonafide marriage but he has to file the petition ( Form I-130 ). My husband was willing to pay the service of RapidVisa because when I went over the forms, they're not really complicated. We decided to do it on our own. Reading the guides and with help of the people on this forum, we made it. 

Thank you for that info estella 😊 

One can use RapidVisa, but one should not ignore doing their own due diligence. This is your case, not theirs, and it is not one that is wise to go through without doing your own homework and understanding the forms and process. There is no "set it and forget it" approach (without considerable risks).

Read the guides. Review the forms. Study the instructions for each form. Ask questions.

Guide: http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

49 minutes ago, Shar Maine said:

Thanks . Coz my husband is thinking to hire rapidvisa ph to do all the paperworks for us so he thought me doing the visa process on my own is fine. 

we used RapidVisa during our K1, I found them to be a total waste of time and money, if you are organized and can follow the instructions provided here, you can save the fee and probably a bit of money too

1 minute ago, Shar Maine said:

Thank you for that info estella 😊 

You're welcome. My husband and I thought we'd be together within 6-7 months the soonest based on the RapidVisa estimates but it took us almost a year and that's because we didn't have any problems. I don't know if they have updated  that in their website now that the processing times has change. 

What is exactly the Rapidvisa can do for the visa Application then ? Coz I thought they can prepare all the forms for us and all we have to do it to sign every forms that needs our signature. 

18 minutes ago, Shar Maine said:

What is exactly the Rapidvisa can do for the visa Application then ? Coz I thought they can prepare all the forms for us and all we have to do it to sign every forms that needs our signature. 

You need to provide them with all the same information that just gets entered into the forms.

They can review the forms for missing and potentially incorrect information. They can guide you on the steps in the process. They can suggest common forms of evidence to provide with the petition and/or application.

Most of all, they can separate you from your wallet. ;)

Many people have used RapidVisa fine. Most haven't had an issue AFAIK. Some have had some major issues with the paperwork and they left them out to dry without taking any responsibility. I don't say that as an attack on them...just stating that sometimes it does happen which is all the more reason that whatever you decide to do, you need to remain on top of the case, know the process, and study. This applies for any service or even attorneys to help you with your journey.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

you fill out the forms online, you sign them, then mail to them, they review them for completeness and you exchange with them until they are happy, then they ship them to the lockbox. You do all the work, they are good for answering questions but for the price you pay is it worth it when you can get the same answers here

We opted to use the funds that would have otherwise gone to Rapid Visa, the Visa Coach,  or even an attorney to prepare our documents.  I watched a YouTube instructional video that guided me through filling out the forms. After completion,  I put the forms aside for two days and went back to review them with fresh eyes to make sure that I didn't miss anything. Another option is to have someone else (preferably a fairly well educated person) you know and trust look over them to make sure everything is filled in correctly. I've heard mixed reviews about Rapid Visa but we just found their services to be unnecessary. Also, you have a wealth of information here on VJ! Good luck on your journey. 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

If the US Citizen is willing, able, and committed to do the necessary diligent study of form instructions and guides here, there's every reason to be confident in doing it yourselveS.  The information for all forms MUST come from the two of you though, whether you hire somebody or not.  Some services make it easier than others.  The easier they make it for you, the more it costs.  You get what you pay for.  (Usually) 😀

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

1 hour ago, C&AH said:

We opted to use the funds that would have otherwise gone to Rapid Visa, the Visa Coach,  or even an attorney to prepare our documents.  I watched a YouTube instructional video that guided me through filling out the forms. After completion,  I put the forms aside for two days and went back to review them with fresh eyes to make sure that I didn't miss anything. Another option is to have someone else (preferably a fairly well educated person) you know and trust look over them to make sure everything is filled in correctly. I've heard mixed reviews about Rapid Visa but we just found their services to be unnecessary. Also, you have a wealth of information here on VJ! Good luck on your journey. 

I meant to say that we opted to use the funds that would have otherwise gone to a third party for travel. After all, face time adds a lot of weight to your case. Besides, I want to spend as much time as possible with my wife. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

unless your case is unusually complicated or has issues, there is no reason to hire a third party to write your answers for you in a form, which is all they do. It also leaves room for more typos and errors. They dont care about your petition like you do. 

and if your case IS complicated or unusual, it would be best to hire a reputable immigration attorney and not a company like this.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.