2,056 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, JessM28 said:

Yes my Iranian friend had her interview in April 2018. She was considered for waiver evaluation since June 2018 and got the ds-5535 in September 2018. 

Here is a google spreadsheet for Iranian folks:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W_NGZltpmwaCwFj5qlIzVUKlAYoPcbtfW1x2HWKu6nY/pub?single=true&gid=2&output=html

Most of these are before the travel ban. The averages are not very helpful, because there are tons of folks who used to have a AP lot shorter than what we are seeing with the travel ban. 

Maybe we can start a google doc like this? Or request access to this one and add our information? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
1 hour ago, salhasl said:

Here is a google spreadsheet for Iranian folks:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W_NGZltpmwaCwFj5qlIzVUKlAYoPcbtfW1x2HWKu6nY/pub?single=true&gid=2&output=html

Most of these are before the travel ban. The averages are not very helpful, because there are tons of folks who used to have a AP lot shorter than what we are seeing with the travel ban. 

Maybe we can start a google doc like this? Or request access to this one and add our information? 

Yes- it would be nice to start a spread sheet- I think for all travel ban folks- maybe we can contact dwheels76 he seems to have a really great spread sheet for case complete- I think it is linked to a form. Maybe he would be able to advise us on how to set up a similar form/spreadsheet for our group.  (see here: 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
4 hours ago, JessM28 said:

It would be nice if VJ added a ds-5535 to the timeline so we could look for trends- any ideas who we would need to contact to see about requesting that? 

Great idea - I just submitted a request for this under the Forums section - "Site Related Discussion".

I-129F Sent: 12/29/17

I-129F NOA 1: 1/4/18

I-129F NOA 2: 7/9/18

NVC Received: 7/18/18

Consulate Received: 8/9/18

Packet 3 Received: 8/13/18

Interview Date: 9/20/18

Interview Result: Administrative Processing

*Visitor's visa interview: December 2016, called back by embassy for second interview on same visa application in January 2019 - visitor's visa finally issued May 2019.

*Fiance visa placed in administrative processing September 2018. 

*Beneficiary's Country: Norway via Iran.

4 hours ago, salhasl said:

I dont think the waiting lines are different for IR1 vs K1. They seem to be different for B1s, since I have seen a few B1s from travel ban countries being issued within a couple months, but they could have been exceptions. One of the wierdest B1 I had seen was for a Iranian guy who was attending a competition for space related rocket designs. You would think that would be a big red flag, but here we are. 

In regards to the case, 

I was wondering why they want the report released before discovery. I wonder if they triggered a temporary surge for yemenis just to get those numbers high. 

Are there people here waiting 1+ year? I saw another Syrian national get hers after 1 year and 2 months in AP. Are there people here who interviewed between Jan and April of 2018? 

mines was april 2018 somalian passport holder 

1 minute ago, Anibunny said:

You can request in the WOM that the government reimburse you for court n lawyer fees. Often they will make a quick decision once it is filed so they don’t have to waste resources to go to court

There is no way the government is going to reimburse them for $8k or whatever.  

10 minutes ago, Anibunny said:

You can request in the WOM that the government reimburse you for court n lawyer fees. Often they will make a quick decision once it is filed so they don’t have to waste resources to go to court

What’s WOM

9 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

There is no way the government is going to reimburse them for $8k or whatever.  

It was mentioned by the lawyer in the immigrants united group under the discussion of WOM. So if you,win the case, they are required to do so. Which is usually why they say once you file a WOM they make a decision on the case generally before it even reaches the court. That way you get your answer and they don’t have to pay the fees back I assume

6 minutes ago, salhasl said:

ITs a court  case you file against the govt if your AP is pending 1 year or more. It has had a very strong success rate so far.

Wow amazing. I will search more about it thank you 

21 hours ago, fakeeh said:

Is ds5535 for travel ban countries only? 

No. In fact i noticed just yesterday USCIS just announced that they are now adding an area to request information about all your different social media accounts on the ds-160. Like the screennames for fb, insta, twitter and i think about 15 different social media platforms

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.