TBoneTX

January 2018 I-129F Filers, Part II

2,648 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, D&B said:

Without a doubt crazy. The information we look for on our online accounts is far too important for there to be glitches that may or may not give us accurate information. People who are relying only on their online account information may or may not be receiving accurate data. It's a toss of the coin whether you are getting the right information or not. Thank God I have my NOA2 in hand or I'd still be doubting if I actually had an approval.

But remember after the NOA2 all those still waiting may play a little catch up in the process as I understand from information posted on visa journey that NVC only sends batches to the consulates. The next batch is apparently September 4 and it is probably unlikely mine will be received and sent in that batch. So mine most likely won't get sent until the September 18th batch. Which means many of you just a couple of weeks behind me will play catch up and we'll be sent to our embassies at the same time. Hope that makes sense and puts a little glimmer of sunshine into this excruciating wait.

make lots of sense thanks for sharing... I am hope I'm in the 18th batch too

Luflolady

Jan 26th: Mailed I-129F

Jan 29th NOA1

Feb 2nd: Check Cashed

Feb 9th: rcvd hard copy of NOA1

Aug. 28th Notified of RFE being mailed

Sept. 1st received hard copy of RFE in the mail

Sept. 4th mailed response to RFE

Sept. 10th received txt that my response to RFE was received

Oct. 10th Received txt that we were approved (NOA2) 30days after RFE response

Oct. 13th received hard copy of NOA2

Oct. 31st case arrived at NVC

Nov 2nd received case number

Nov. 19th Case is "ready" to schedule an interview

Feb. 14th Interview (2019) APPROVED!!!!!!

AOS

July 24th: mailed AOS pkt

July 31st: received txt msg of receipt numbers for all documents

Aug 5th received NOA hard copies dated July 31st

Aug. 9th received Biometrics letter in the mail

Aug. 19th Biometrics appt.

Sept. 20th notified of RFE via website 

Sept. 25th Received hard copy of RFE (copy of BC)

Sept. 27th Sent response to RFE

Sept. 30th Response was delivered

Oct. 2nd... Response to evidence received updated on website

Feb 12, 2020 case is ready to schedule for interview

Feb 12, 2020 New card is being produced (EAD)
Feb 13, 2020 Notification that EAD  and AP was approved

Feb 18,2020 received hard copies of AP and EAD approval

Feb 18,2020 notification AOS interview scheduled and EAD mailed

Feb 20, 2020 received EAD card

Feb 24, 2020 received interview letter (March24th)

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Sept. 14th new AOS interview
Oct. 30th AOS approval

Nov. 9th New card is being produced

16 minutes ago, Adam Zollinger said:

maybe USCIS just finally got their sh*t together and started pumping out progress. Either way, It means we are close to the end! 

YAAAAASSSS! closer to the end rather than the beginning

Luflolady

Jan 26th: Mailed I-129F

Jan 29th NOA1

Feb 2nd: Check Cashed

Feb 9th: rcvd hard copy of NOA1

Aug. 28th Notified of RFE being mailed

Sept. 1st received hard copy of RFE in the mail

Sept. 4th mailed response to RFE

Sept. 10th received txt that my response to RFE was received

Oct. 10th Received txt that we were approved (NOA2) 30days after RFE response

Oct. 13th received hard copy of NOA2

Oct. 31st case arrived at NVC

Nov 2nd received case number

Nov. 19th Case is "ready" to schedule an interview

Feb. 14th Interview (2019) APPROVED!!!!!!

AOS

July 24th: mailed AOS pkt

July 31st: received txt msg of receipt numbers for all documents

Aug 5th received NOA hard copies dated July 31st

Aug. 9th received Biometrics letter in the mail

Aug. 19th Biometrics appt.

Sept. 20th notified of RFE via website 

Sept. 25th Received hard copy of RFE (copy of BC)

Sept. 27th Sent response to RFE

Sept. 30th Response was delivered

Oct. 2nd... Response to evidence received updated on website

Feb 12, 2020 case is ready to schedule for interview

Feb 12, 2020 New card is being produced (EAD)
Feb 13, 2020 Notification that EAD  and AP was approved

Feb 18,2020 received hard copies of AP and EAD approval

Feb 18,2020 notification AOS interview scheduled and EAD mailed

Feb 20, 2020 received EAD card

Feb 24, 2020 received interview letter (March24th)

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Sept. 14th new AOS interview
Oct. 30th AOS approval

Nov. 9th New card is being produced

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I am at day 222 mark since NOA1. My timeline is: 

Advised that case in background checks 8/9

Outside Normal Processing Time 8/18

Filed Inquiry 8/20

Assigned to another agent 8/21

Congress Rep Requested Update 8/24

After calling and being transferred to a Tier 2 agent twice today and being disconnected, the third time was a charm. The update I got was that the last day my case was touched was when it was assigned to an agent 8/21. They were unable to provide any additional detail around if the background checks were complete and it was in adjudication. 

Has anybody else had any joy with figuring out where in the process the case is from talking to Tier 2 (especially those that call every day) ?

Edited by PaddyH

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
13 minutes ago, PaddyH said:

I am at day 222 mark since NOA1. My timeline is: 

Advised that case in background checks 8/9

Outside Normal Processing Time 8/18

Filed Inquiry 8/20

Assigned to another agent 8/21

Congress Rep Requested Update 8/24

After calling and being transferred to a Tier 2 agent twice today and being disconnected, the third time was a charm. The update I got was that the last day my case was touched was when it was assigned to an agent 8/21. They were unable to provide any additional detail around if the background checks were complete and it was in adjudication. 

Has anybody else had any joy with figuring out where in the process the case is from talking to Tier 2 (especially those that call every day) ?

If you read my post from yesterday you'll see that were in the same situation "security checks" and we have more or less the same dates (day 225 old site).

And about your question, some seem lucky and are able to get an agent that goes the extra mile to help them and others get agents that just tell them the first thing that shows up on their screen. Which is that are case is still processing lol.

If on 8/9 you found out that your case was in background checks that's already a good sign because I had to make an official inquiry to find that out. But how were you able to find that out btw?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, LuFlolady said:

yep I had to dial up an extra dose of patience myself but now that I have booked travel to see my BOO! lol I am easy peasy lol

That will definitely ease the pain of waiting! I just spent a week in Budapest with mine. It’s a shame we couldn’t celebrate the approval last week but we’ll take what we can get.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, SilverMonk said:

If you read my post from yesterday you'll see that were in the same situation "security checks" and we have more or less the same dates (day 225 old site).

And about your question, some seem lucky and are able to get an agent that goes the extra mile to help them and others get agents that just tell them the first thing that shows up on their screen. Which is that are case is still processing lol.

If on 8/9 you found out that your case was in background checks that's already a good sign because I had to make an official inquiry to find that out. But how were you able to find that out btw?

I have been ringing and asking to talk to a Tier 2 nearly every day. Most days you get the usual scripted story but if you get someone that seems helpful i always try to push them on where exactly in the process my case is:

Is it still in background checks?

Is it at the adjudication step? 

Is there an RFE?

When was the last activity on my case?

When should i expect to hear from someone?

Sometimes they give you a little more insight, previously an agent told me that i had passed all initial background checks (8/9) and that it should be smooth sailing from there but that it was still in background processing, he did however have to pull up some separate database to view this. I think after today a good idea is to ask what exact date your case was last updated, they definitely have that information available to them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
25 minutes ago, PaddyH said:

I have been ringing and asking to talk to a Tier 2 nearly every day. Most days you get the usual scripted story but if you get someone that seems helpful i always try to push them on where exactly in the process my case is:

Is it still in background checks?

Is it at the adjudication step? 

Is there an RFE?

When was the last activity on my case?

When should i expect to hear from someone?

Sometimes they give you a little more insight, previously an agent told me that i had passed all initial background checks (8/9) and that it should be smooth sailing from there but that it was still in background processing, he did however have to pull up some separate database to view this. I think after today a good idea is to ask what exact date your case was last updated, they definitely have that information available to them.

Yeah I wished my fiancee did that too but she's more of the type "Ok. Thank you. Bye"

Have you gotten answers to any of those 5 questions you used as an example because I'd like to know the answer to all of them too lol.

Maybe from calling you know if the adjudication step is after the background check or before?

Yeah I'll pass onto my fiancee all the information you just gave me. It's a little frustrating talking to her about this tho because I'm the type that does what is needed to get things moving and she's more the type that waits it out and says calling wont do anything and that it's "wasting her time".

Timeline
48 minutes ago, SilverMonk said:

Yeah I wished my fiancee did that too but she's more of the type "Ok. Thank you. Bye"

Have you gotten answers to any of those 5 questions you used as an example because I'd like to know the answer to all of them too lol.

Maybe from calling you know if the adjudication step is after the background check or before?

Yeah I'll pass onto my fiancee all the information you just gave me. It's a little frustrating talking to her about this tho because I'm the type that does what is needed to get things moving and she's more the type that waits it out and says calling wont do anything and that it's "wasting her time".

To be honest most times you don't get any specific answers. But I have previously found out that i was in background checks and it seems that the adjudication step occurs once backgrounds checks clear. For the background checks they definitely send them somewhere else or some other department but i have no clue where. Finding out when the last activity on your case is something i was provided today (even though it only advised it was assigned to another officer). At the very least this much information will tell you if you are still in background. If it is in July i would definitely say still background, while if it's recent then highly unlikely to be in background.

Don't worry about your fiancee not being the pushy type, if I am being honest, like everyone else here I don't think it makes any difference either way. At the end of the day they'll get to it when they get to it. Having more information in the meantime is nice but won't have any impact on USCIS timelines.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Submitted inquiry online for being outside of normal processing times today, says I should get a response by September 20th.  I haven't called them yet...I haven't decided if misinformation is better or worse than no information. :blink:

2018 K1 Filing to Approval: 322 days (RFE 29 Days)

Spoiler

I-129F mailed: Jan 26 2018

NOA1: Jan 29 2018 (old site), Feb 2 2018 (new site)

RFE: Aug 30 2018 (old site updated 8/30; new site 8/31 w/email and text)

RFE hard copy: rec'd 9/4; ret'd 9/6 (old site updated 9/7; new site 9/10, no text/email)

NOA2: Oct 5 2018 [249 days]  (old site updated 10/5; new site 10/7, no text/email)

Case #: Oct 31 2018 [27 days] (called to get number, no email from NVC)

Left NVC: Nov 13 2018 

Consulate Rec'd (DHL): Nov 19 2018

CEAC 'Ready' status: Nov 29 2018

Interview: Dec 17 2018 [Approved!]

POE: Jan 10 2019 [Los Angeles]

Marriage: Jan 12 2019 :wub::dance:

2019 AOS Filing to Approval: 81 Days (No RFE, No Expedite)

Spoiler

AOS Mailed: Feb 19 2019

NOA1: Feb 25 2019 (I-485, I-765, I-131)

Biometrics Appt. Letter Rcv'd: Mar 8 2019

Biometrics Appointment: Mar 20 2019

Recv'd Interview Appt. Notice: Apr 15 2019 [I-485] (ready to schedule 4/10, scheduled 4/11; old site)

Interview: May 17 2019 [Cleveland, OH]

Approved: May 17 2019  :dance:

Green Card Received: May 24 2019

2021 ROC Filing to Approval: 534 Days (LIN; No RFE, No Interview)

Spoiler

ROC Mailed: Mar 5 2021 (delivered 3/12)

NOA1: Apr 5 2021 (txt rcvd 4/7, check cashed 4/7, mail rcvd 4/9) 

Biometrics Re-used Notice Rcv'd: Apr 30 2021

Approved: Sep 21 2022 :dance:

Green Card Received: Sep 28 2022

2022 N400 Filing to Oath: 154 Days (Cleveland Field Office; No RFE)

Spoiler

N400 Submitted: Jun 16 2022 (online)

NOA1: Jun 16 2022 (rcv'd snail mail 6/24)

Biometrics Re-used Notice Rcv'd: Jun 16 2022 (rcv'd snail mail 6/24)

Interview Scheduled: Sep 6 2022 (cancelled due to A-file not arrived in time)

Interview Re-scheduled: Oct 21 2022

Approved: Oct 21 2022 :dance:

Oath Ceremony: Nov 16 2022 :wow:🇺🇸

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 8/27/2018 at 6:28 PM, Greenbaum said:

To answer the "signature" question I offer this. This debate has been going back for a number of years. I have not found anything other then what is in the instructions. USCIS does require a wet signature but does require a handwritten signature (so copy would be fine) but the Embassy can be different. I haven't heard anyone get an RFE for not having a wet signature but again some say yes others say no. Now, if you read the "instructions" below it just says "signed" AOS from the petitioner but it goes on to say Applicants (beneficiary's) may bring blah blah which I believe allows you to not have to present the "wet" signature. So I can't say without doubt that a wet signature is required. It's up to your Embassy to be factual. If you have time and email address contact your Embassy and see what they say. Couldn't hurt. Please let me know what you find out. :thumbs:

- A signed Affidavit of Support from your petitioner and any additional financial sponsors who submitted a Form I-864 on behalf of your visa application.  Applicants may bring photocopies and scanned versions of signed Forms I-864 and associated documents. (Please note that the form must still be signed; typed names and electronic signatures will not be accepted.)

Thank you! I’ll consider this and let you know ☺️

On 8/28/2018 at 8:01 AM, vickacy2002 said:

NOA1 Jan 5,2018

Case Inquiry Aug 8, 2018
RFE notice Aug 15,2018
RFE letter received Aug 21,2018 (My fiancee intent to Marry)
RFE sent back Aug 23, 2018 (Fiancee emailed me scanned copy of her intent to marry)
RFE mail arrived the CA center Aug 27,2018
RFE received notice of action notification via email and text.  New site  updated to Evidence was received Aug 28,2018 at 5:14 am CDT
NOA 2 XXXXXX

Round two wait game begins. Hope it does not last long this time. My 30 days case inquiry ends on Sep 8, 2018. Hope I get approved before that date. I will be hitting 8 months on Sep 5, 2018. Not a good feeling.

•  

Mine took 5 days to be approved after they received my RFE. Hopefully yours too ☺️

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
6 hours ago, D&B said:

But remember after the NOA2 all those still waiting may play a little catch up in the process as I understand from information posted on visa journey that NVC only sends batches to the consulates. The next batch is apparently September 4 and it is probably unlikely mine will be received and sent in that batch. So mine most likely won't get sent until the September 18th batch. Which means many of you just a couple of weeks behind me will play catch up and we'll be sent to our embassies at the same time. Hope that makes sense and puts a little glimmer of sunshine into this excruciating wait.

Yes that is correct. It’s taking anywhere from 10-15 business days after noa2 to get your case number from nvc and it’s also my understanding they send out cases every 2 weeks. The last batch went out Aug 21 but there were people who got their case number aug 17 and didn’t get sent out in that batch. I am 11 business days waiting and should get any day now but recognize I might not get sent out sept 4 and then have to wait another 2 weeks. Patience patience patience 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Inna2404 said:

Hello all, after 7 months and an inquary we took an answer: RFE

Please I’m so worried, do you know what that means?

Me too. Don't worry. It is usually something simple, and once you return the requested info then your case will get approved shortly after. At least that is what everyone is saying... My RFE was sent out on 8/28 and I should get it in a few days. I have no idea what it is for. 

Don't worry :) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Inna2404 said:

Hello all, after 7 months and an inquary we took an answer: RFE

Please I’m so worried, do you know what that means?

It means a request for evidence.

It’s good it means they touched your case and you have left some information out of your petition and they are requesting that evidence. You will be getting a letter from uscis over the next week or two explaining what they are asking for. Follow the instructions carefully and you will get noa2 by replying with what they are asking for.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.