TBoneTX

January 2018 I-129F Filers, Part II

2,648 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Lucy&Jason said:

A Food for Thought❤️

Everything in life happens according to our time, our clock. You may look at some of your friends and think they’re ahead of you, maybe some of them you feel are behind, but everything happens at their own pace. They have their own time and clock and so do you..... Be Patient.... Don’t let anyone rush you with their timeline. Because Alber Einstein said, “Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that’s counted truly counts.” 

-Jay Shetty-

Easier said than done.  My fiancée is getting impatient lol.  She sees February applicants getting approved ahead of us and it’s making her crazy lol.  About to join the 200 club here in 2 days 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Chair_force1 said:

Easier said than done.  My fiancée is getting impatient lol.  She sees February applicants getting approved ahead of us and it’s making her crazy lol.  About to join the 200 club here in 2 days 

I'm only 6 days behind u. And yes I'm a February filer. Getting mad, upset, pissed, ain't gunna make the situation any better. All we can do is use the tools we have available to us. It's a waiting process. It is and will test ur nerves and patients. 

Continue to stay busy the best u can. When u reach the (not so magical) number. Use the tools available to get information. 

Good luck...

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Chair_force1 said:

Welcome to the club.. hehehe... but hopefully you will get your approval sooner than later... Just think of those who are still waiting for 400days now. You guys, are still lucky..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

1 hour ago, J&K24 said:

We were approved 🙊

Noa1: January 22, 2018

Noa2: August 14, 2018.

Thankyou Lord 🙌

Praying for all of you waiting. Keep the faith 💓

Congrats!  So happy for you!!! :)

event.png        event.png

Spoiler

K-1 Visa

06/19/2017:  Met online on a dating site (Date in Asia)

11/10/2017:  Met in person 1st time (traveled to Philippines: 11/8/2017 - 11/20/2017)

01/29/2018:  I-129F petition sent to the USCIS Dallas lockbox via USPS

01/31/2018:  I-129F petition delivered and signed by USCIS

02/06/2018:  Check was cashed ($535); Received acceptance confirmation email and text from USCIS; Case being transferred to CSC

02/08/2018:  NOA1 hard copy received via USPS (NOA1 received date: 01/31/2018; NOA1 notice date: 02/05/2018)

08/09/2018:  I-129F petition approved (total wait time: 190 days from received date and 185 days from notice date) 

08/13/2018:  NOA2 hard copy received via USPS

08/22/2018:  NVC received I-129F petition

08/23/2018:  NVC assigned case number

09/03/2018:  Medical exam at SLEC (Day 1)

09/04/2018:  Medical exam at SLEC (Day 2)

09/04/2018:  NVC sent I-129F petition to embassy

09/05/2018:  Embassy received I-129F petition

09/23/2018:  Met in person 2nd time (traveled to Philippines: 09/21/2018 - 10/07/2018)

09/24/2018:  Interview - Approved! (Interview took 236 days from received date and 231 days from notice date)

09/25/2018:  Attended the CFO - GCP session

09/28/2018:  Visa packet in hand (picked up at Robinson's Mall in Bacolod, Philippines)

10/03/2018:  Flew from BCD to MNL and back to get CFO - GCP sticker

10/06/2018:  POE at JFK airport in New York

10/22/2018:  Received marriage license application (applied on 10/17/2018)

11/07/2018:  Received SSN card (applied on 10/24/2018)

11/10/2018:  Married to my Honeybun!

AOS/EAD/AP

11/23/2018:  Packet sent to the USCIS Chicago lockbox via USPS

11/29/2018:  Packet delivered and signed by USCIS

12/05/2018:  Check was cashed ($1225); Received three acceptance confirmation texts (one for each form) from the USCIS

12/11/2018:  NOA1 hard copies received (one for each form) via USPS (NOA1 received date: 11/29/2018; NOA1 notice date: 12/03/2018)

12/13/2018:  Biometrics (ASC) appointment notice hard copy received via USPS (notice date: 12/07/2018)

12/26/2018:  Biometrics (ASC) appointment at 9:00am at the USCIS Application Support Center in Charleston, SC

01/02/2019:  AOS case status update:  Ready to schedule interview

01/09/2019:  AOS case status update:  Interview scheduled

01/12/2019:  Interview appointment notice hard copy received via USPS (notice date: 01/09/2019)

02/19/2019:  Interview for AOS:  I-485 - Approved

02/25/2019:  Green card received in mail

ROC

01/02/2019 *State ID card - Applied and received temporary paper ID....waiting on real physical card ID.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Anyone else still waiting with same dates as me? 

Old website jan 2nd

New site jan 5th

Requested outside times on 8/2/18

Got an email that request was assigned to an officer 8/13/18

Timeline
19 minutes ago, JayHouser said:

Anyone else still waiting with same dates as me? 

Old website jan 2nd

New site jan 5th

Requested outside times on 8/2/18

Got an email that request was assigned to an officer 8/13/18

Glad to hear u got something happening. Hope it's in the right direction. 

event.png

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My fiancé woke up to a text this morning....first text EVER. Even though he had signed up for all the inactivity updates etc. we never received any texts or emails whatsoever. Since we are on Day 206 so much excitement until he read them. The "we are still reviewing your case....we last took action July 18" Can't say I didn't shed a few tears of disappointment.

My fiancé spoke with USCIS, what we thought was Tier 2, last week. She seemed very helpful and actually gave him the three dates on which the petition was reviewed and said no rfe's, everything looks good, background checks are fine, and it's on an adjudicator's desk for approval and you should get your approval by the 20th. Had I not have heard the conversation myself, I would not have believed the detail this officer was giving on the review dates etc. So both my fiancé and I felt ok, the approval is on its way.

Fast forward to this morning and my fiancé calls USCIS after receiving the "we're still reviewing" and after waiting only 60 minutes for a Tier 2 call back we were informed there is no way of knowing when it will be approved and wait until September 1. Not sure why the officer my fiancé spoke with last week told us approval by the 20th......was she using the 7 month deadline and assumed we would have it by then? Very disappointing for sure...

So we continue to wait.....Day 206 if we're counting from received date.....

Just wanted to share that I'm still one of those waiting as well.....wish I could say I'm just one of those that neglected to update their timeline with the NOA2 date, but no such luck.

Hoping all of us that feel like we are being left behind are pleasantly surprised by approvals this week!

Timeline
27 minutes ago, D&B said:

My fiancé woke up to a text this morning....first text EVER. Even though he had signed up for all the inactivity updates etc. we never received any texts or emails whatsoever. Since we are on Day 206 so much excitement until he read them. The "we are still reviewing your case....we last took action July 18" Can't say I didn't shed a few tears of disappointment.

My fiancé spoke with USCIS, what we thought was Tier 2, last week. She seemed very helpful and actually gave him the three dates on which the petition was reviewed and said no rfe's, everything looks good, background checks are fine, and it's on an adjudicator's desk for approval and you should get your approval by the 20th. Had I not have heard the conversation myself, I would not have believed the detail this officer was giving on the review dates etc. So both my fiancé and I felt ok, the approval is on its way.

Fast forward to this morning and my fiancé calls USCIS after receiving the "we're still reviewing" and after waiting only 60 minutes for a Tier 2 call back we were informed there is no way of knowing when it will be approved and wait until September 1. Not sure why the officer my fiancé spoke with last week told us approval by the 20th......was she using the 7 month deadline and assumed we would have it by then? Very disappointing for sure...

Just wanted to share that I'm still one of those waiting as well.....wish I could say I'm just one of those that neglected to update their timeline with the NOA2 date, but no such luck.

Hoping all of us that feel like we are being left behind are pleasantly surprised by approvals this week!

This is why I haven't nor will bother calling till I'm outside normal processing time. Getting differ stories every time u call. It's been a on going issue with uscis. They pick u up and slam u back to ground. 

Its sad to see them play with our emotions. They actually have our life's in there hands. 

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, BJ & Christine said:

This is why I haven't nor will bother calling till I'm outside normal processing time. Getting differ stories every time u call. It's been a on going issue with uscis. They pick u up and slam u back to ground. 

Its sad to see them play with our emotions. They actually have our life's in there hands. 

So very very true. You very eloquently explained exactly how I felt this morning. I'll just pick myself back up off the ground but can't say there aren't any bruises. You are probably very wise not to call until outside processing times. Now that I know we were given inaccurate information I wish my fiancé wouldn't have called. I would have rather heard "your application has been sitting on someone's desk since July 18th, gathering dust, and we have no idea when you will hear from us" than giving us so much hope and now we are just as much in the dark as before we called.

Timeline

Old site Jan 23th

New Site Jan 26th

Still waiting for our NOA2

August 23 we complete the 7 month, my fiancé will be make some calls in order to submit an inquiry....

I have faith we going to receive our approval very soon

Good Luck to everyone!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, D&B said:

We got the same email today.

I'm starting to think that there's something wrong with USCIS' system. We got an email on Monday (we get them every two weeks) saying they last took action on our case on June 18th and today we got one saying they last took action on July 18th. If that's the case why didn't they tell us that when they emailed us two days ago?

Im at day 211 today.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.