T_P

AOS AUGUST 2018 FILERS FROM K-1 [merged threads]

1,330 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Daniel P said:

I didn't mean an incomplete tax return as in a faulty one, just not all the pages usually submitted to the IRS. I didn't mean that you slipped through the cracks as if you were a criminal, either. I also submitted the SAME EXACT documents with my I-864 that I did at the interview, which was accepted then but not now. If that's not adjudicator-dependent I don't know what is then. Besides, it won't be me now who uncovers USCIS randomness when processing cases and giving away RFE's. It's enough to do a little of research to find that people with similar cases sending the exact same documentation get different outcomes. Adjudicators aren't machines, just human beings with different experience and different ways to do their jobs, so provided that you really don't mess up anything, even then your paperwork could be acceptable for one adjudicator but not for another. Been seen before, nothing new under the sun. Considering this, yes, I'd say luck is an important factor too, even though it shouldn't be.

When it comes to the IRS Tax Return Transcript, it makes sense to think that they prefer the summarized version, uniform format, with all the info they need of your taxes against the pile of paper people usually send, not knowledgeable enough to know the exact documents containing the info USCIS actually wants to see. Again, this shouldn't be reason enough for a RFE, as long as all the documents they need are in that pile of paper but, again, human beings with different experience, different ways to do their jobs and even different preferences. For me at least, it's not that difficult to picture this new employee that after ten straightforward cases with tax transcripts and another eight with tax returns with more or less consistent documentation, encounters a ninth with a stack of 60 pages, different order and format, and a boss demanding a minimum number of cases processed per day. Will the stressed out and not that experienced new employee spend 30 minutes looking through that pile of paper or just send a RFE and go for the next case?

I just gave an opinion, based on my own research and also on the advice given in a specialized book on the matter. That being said, I will be the first one to say  to anyone with this or any other RFE to do their own research and then decide the best approach for their own cases before following any particular opinion.

And you are entitled to your opinion as I am entitled to mine.

Page 8 of 17 on the I-864 states to provide the most current filed FEDERAL Tax Return or IRS transcript. It states to NOT provide the State Tax Return which I did not. It also states that those that are self-employed must provide the Schedules C-F forms to of your federal tax return. Considering I'm not self employed, this is the portion of the Return I mentioned that I didn't have to submit. Therefore, I submitted what was the mandatory requirement for me which was my COMPLETE FEDERAL TAX RETURN with my W-2 for that tax year. I also submitted an updated employer verification letter which the only change necessary was the date, and additional paystubs to include with the paystubs I provided during the embassy. That was it and that is all based on the instructions. https://www.uscis.gov/i-864

While the only difference in the I-134 and the I-864 is the poverty level requirement changes. And yes, I've done plenty of research of my own as to say you have done the same amount for yourself, one thing I can agree on is that adjudicators are in fact human beings. But no, luck has nothing to do with it. While everyone's income is different from others, there is no significant difference between me sending in my tax documents instead of the IRS transcript. They are both one in the same. I'm a tax preparer and have doing this for years. The IRS transcript is everything that you filed and your employer filed hence why with the IRS transcript you don't have to include your W2.

For someone like myself whose taxes are straightforward, a "stack of papers" isn't something I have to submit because the Federal 1040EZ tax return is only 2 pages. My income is way over poverty level requirement so yes, the adjudicator most likely didn't have to dig any deeper into my financial stability because along with my tax documents, my other financial documents I provided proves that my salary is significantly sufficient. So again, luck has and had nothing to do with it. And again, my financial stability is different than yours and others but also USCIS isn't just taking the paperwork we provide without verifying them against something else to ensure that they are correct. The IRS transcript however allows them to go through it faster because it comes from the IRS which makes it a verified document. 

So feel free to state your opinion as much as you desire. But luck has nothing to do with any part of this whole immigration process. Because if luck was a factor, then I would be the last person to have it considering how long it took our K1 process with no RFEs or NOIDs.

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
6 hours ago, Trinab80 said:

And you are entitled to your opinion as I am entitled to mine.

Page 8 of 17 on the I-864 states to provide the most current filed FEDERAL Tax Return or IRS transcript. It states to NOT provide the State Tax Return which I did not. It also states that those that are self-employed must provide the Schedules C-F forms to of your federal tax return. Considering I'm not self employed, this is the portion of the Return I mentioned that I didn't have to submit. Therefore, I submitted what was the mandatory requirement for me which was my COMPLETE FEDERAL TAX RETURN with my W-2 for that tax year. I also submitted an updated employer verification letter which the only change necessary was the date, and additional paystubs to include with the paystubs I provided during the embassy. That was it and that is all based on the instructions. https://www.uscis.gov/i-864

While the only difference in the I-134 and the I-864 is the poverty level requirement changes. And yes, I've done plenty of research of my own as to say you have done the same amount for yourself, one thing I can agree on is that adjudicators are in fact human beings. But no, luck has nothing to do with it. While everyone's income is different from others, there is no significant difference between me sending in my tax documents instead of the IRS transcript. They are both one in the same. I'm a tax preparer and have doing this for years. The IRS transcript is everything that you filed and your employer filed hence why with the IRS transcript you don't have to include your W2.

For someone like myself whose taxes are straightforward, a "stack of papers" isn't something I have to submit because the Federal 1040EZ tax return is only 2 pages. My income is way over poverty level requirement so yes, the adjudicator most likely didn't have to dig any deeper into my financial stability because along with my tax documents, my other financial documents I provided proves that my salary is significantly sufficient. So again, luck has and had nothing to do with it. And again, my financial stability is different than yours and others but also USCIS isn't just taking the paperwork we provide without verifying them against something else to ensure that they are correct. The IRS transcript however allows them to go through it faster because it comes from the IRS which makes it a verified document. 

So feel free to state your opinion as much as you desire. But luck has nothing to do with any part of this whole immigration process. Because if luck was a factor, then I would be the last person to have it considering how long it took our K1 process with no RFEs or NOIDs.

I never said anything about the State Tax Return. You keep giving details about your own particular case, which is good for anyone who could be interested, but it's not the point here. You started contradicting my statement, saying they don't necessarily prefer the IRS Tax Transcript, and now you say "The IRS transcript however allows them to go through it faster because it comes from the IRS which makes it a verified document". Even if that was the only reason, it would be a reason good enough for them to prefer the transcript over the tax return.

"Luck has nothing to do with any part of this whole immigration process"? Two adjudicators, the one who works the fastest in the office and the inexperienced just hired one who doesn't even now where his right hand is, prone to mess up more often and with a tendency to send more RFE's than he probably should. The first one processing cases at least at a doble rate than the second one. IT IS a matter of luck who's going to process your case, and depending on who does, that might have a huge impact on the outcome you get. You took so long to get approved during the K1 process, with no RFE's or NOID's, and still you maintain luck has nothing to do with this whole immigration process? You'll have to forgive me, but I fail to follow your logic.

Edited by Daniel P

35 minutes ago, Daniel P said:

I never said anything about the State Tax Return. You keep giving details about your own particular case, which is good for anyone who could be interested, but it's not the point here. You started contradicting my statement about them not necessarily preferring the IRS Tax Transcript, and now you say "The IRS transcript however allows them to go through it faster because it comes from the IRS which makes it a verified document". Even if that was the only reason, it would be a reason good enough for them to prefer the transcript over the tax return.

"Luck has nothing to do with any part of this whole immigration process"? Two adjudicators, the one who works the fastest in the office and the inexperienced just hired one who doesn't even now where his right hand is, prone to mess up more often and with a tendency to send more RFE's than he probably should. The first one processing cases at least at a doble rate than the second one. IT IS a matter of luck who's going to process your case, and depending on who does, that might have a huge impact on the outcome you get. You took so long to get approved during the K1 process, with no RFE's or NOID's, and still you maintain luck has nothing to do with this whole immigration process? You'll have to forgive me, but I fail to follow your logic.

And you can fail to see my logic, that's totally fine. You point that you've been making is based on YOUR research, you find that more are receiving RFEs because adjudicators are starting to prefer the IRS transcript over going through the "stacks of papers" when reviewing someone's financial requirements on the basis of sponsorship. Taking MY case out of it, your opinion, while appreciated, isn't accurate. And "luck" sir, has NOTHING to do with any part of this whole immigration process. While I agree with you on the difference between an experienced v. an inexperienced adjudicator being able to process a petition quicker or more/less efficient, still has nothing to do with luck. 

In an production/operations environment such as USCIS, cases are assigned to case reviewers, however, production is monitored daily. So when a case reviewer or adjudicator isn't meeting the required case closure rate, their case load gets scuffled around in order for the department to meet their SLA or production goal. Cases are not just sitting assigned to the same adjudicator months and months while others adjudicators are just breezing through. Additionally, experience adjudicators work the more complex, detailed case and inexperienced adjudicators would work straightforward easy cases. But this is going into far more detail than necessary.

No, sir, luck had nothing to do with my k1 process nor has anything to do with my AOS process. If that be the case, luck will allow my husband to get scheduled his GC interview at the Philly field office quicker than the anticipated year or more that it's gonna take simply because an adjudicator reviewed our AOS and approved it for interview scheduling in 30 days. Luck would have also given my husband his EAD/AP combo by now too.

Either way, your case is your case and my husband's case is ours. You feel that I have or had luck on my side, so be it. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Edited by Trinab80

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

And you can fail to see my logic, that's totally fine. You point that you've been making is based on YOUR research, you find that more are receiving RFEs because adjudicators are starting to prefer the IRS transcript over going through the "stacks of papers" when reviewing someone's financial requirements on the basis of sponsorship. Taking MY case out of it, your opinion, while appreciated, isn't accurate. And "luck" sir, has NOTHING to do with any part of this whole immigration process. While I agree with you on the difference between a experienced v. an inexperienced adjudicator being able to process a petition quicker or more/less efficient, still has nothing to do with luck. 

In an production/operations environment such as USCIS, cases are assigned to case reviewers, however, production is monitored daily. So when a case reviewer or adjudicator isn't meeting the required case closure rate, their case load gets scuffled around in order for the department to meet their SLA or production goal. Cases are not just sitting assigned to the same adjudicator months and months while others adjudicators are just breezing through. Additionally, experience adjudicators work the more complex, detailed case and inexperienced adjudicators would work straightforward easy cases. But this is going for detail than necessary.

No, sir, luck had nothing to do with my k1 process not has anything to do with my AOS process. If that be the case, luck will allow my husband to get scheduled his GC interview at the Philly field office quicker than the anticipated year or more that it's gonna take simply because an adjudicator reviewed our AOS and approved it for interview scheduling in 30 days. Luck would have also given my husband his EAD/AP combo by now too.

Either way, your case is your case and my husband's case is ours. You feel that I have or had luck on my side, so be it. We'll have to agree to disagree.

I didn't take your case out of it, the whole point of doing a research is to see what the norm is, when getting this RFE, on the documentary proof people submitted. When I find that the vast majority who got that particular RFE sent the full return, and on the comments the vast majority of people having had their cases accepted advice them to use the IRS transcript over the full return, yes, I'm gonna conclude that using the IRS transcript is probably better. Your case got accepted with the tax return, good, and I'm sure there are many others, but that doesn't change the fact that most people getting this RFE sent the full return, hence it might me wiser to just send the transcript to avoid potential problems. While your particular case is part of the total, there's still gonna be a norm, independently of if it falls under it or not.

I was saying quite the opposite, that a case with no apparent reason for it to take so long to be processed as you pointed out yours was, had to had real bad luck considering that most others, even with RFE's, took significantly less time. Hard to explain that in a utopic, well-oiled, efficient office that doesn't allow a case to get stuck on a adjudicator's desk. If there are people who can get unlucky, even if only on the time their cases take to be processed, there necessarily have to be others with better luck. Which again supports the idea of luck playing an important role in this whole process.

23 minutes ago, Daniel P said:

I didn't take your case out of it, the whole point of doing a research is to see what the norm is, when getting this RFE, on the documentary proof people submitted. When I find that the vast majority who got that particular RFE sent the full return, and on the comments the vast majority of people having had their cases accepted advice them to use the IRS transcript over the full return, yes, I'm gonna conclude that using the IRS transcript is probably better. Your case got accepted with the tax return, good, and I'm sure there are many others, but that doesn't change the fact that most people getting this RFE sent the full return, hence it might me wiser to just send the transcript to avoid potential problems. While your particular case is part of the total, there's still gonna be a norm, independently of if it falls under it or not.

I was saying quite the opposite, that a case with no apparent reason for it to take so long to be processed as you pointed out yours was, had to had real bad luck considering that most others, even with RFE's, took significantly less time. Hard to explain that in a utopic, well-oiled, efficient office that doesn't allow a case to get stuck on a adjudicator's desk. If there are people who can get unlucky, even if only on the time their cases take to be processed, there necessarily have to be others with better luck. Which again supports the idea of luck playing an important role in this whole process.

I'm not going keep going back and forth about this. As I said earlier, we'll agree to disagree. If you feel I had "luck" on my side for not receiving a RFE, cool. I call it meeting the requirement.

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

I'm not going keep going back and forth about this. As I said earlier, we'll agree to disagree. If you feel I had "luck" on my side for not receiving a RFE, cool. I call it meeting the requirement.

You keep linking my words to your personal case when I'm clearly talking in general. I NEVER said you had "luck" on your side for not receiving a RFE. I'm not interested in talking about just one particular case, but a majority, especially the majority who happened to get this particular RFE. You have all the right in the world to feel you didn't have good/bad luck then or now, as I'm entitled to believe luck is an important part of the process, in general, for a majority, without necessarily including you. If you're not going to keep going back and forth about this, good, I'm glad to hear, but don't do so putting words in my mouth that I never said.

10 minutes ago, Daniel P said:

You keep linking my words to your personal case when I'm clearly talking in general. I NEVER said you had "luck" on your side for not receiving a RFE. I'm not interested in talking about just one particular case, but a majority, especially the majority who happened to get this particular RFE. You have all the right in the world to feel you didn't have good/bad luck then or now, as I'm entitled to believe luck is an important part of the process, in general, for a majority, without necessarily including you. If you're not going to keep going back and forth about this, good, I'm glad to hear, but don't do so putting words in my mouth that I never said.

I didn't put words in your mouth. I've read every one of your post with full comprehension and understanding. And again you're entitled to feel and think however you please. And I will say this again, whether personal to my case AS WELL AS to other cases, EVERY CASE is different. To say that others that did not provide the IRS transcript don't always receive RFEs because they managed to be lucky enough to get approved with incomplete tax return (your words not mine) is inaccurate. And that is MY opinion. You don't have to like it nor do you have to agree to it. 

And with all that, I wish you the best of luck with the rest of your journey! 😊

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Timeline
1 hour ago, Trinab80 said:

I didn't put words in your mouth. I've read every one of your post with full comprehension and understanding. And again you're entitled to feel and think however you please. And I will say this again, whether personal to my case AS WELL AS to other cases, EVERY CASE is different. To say that others that did not provide the IRS transcript don't always receive RFEs because they managed to be lucky enough to get approved with incomplete tax return (your words not mine) is inaccurate. And that is MY opinion. You don't have to like it nor do you have to agree to it. 

And with all that, I wish you the best of luck with the rest of your journey! 😊

False again, never said that. Never said that all cases are the same, either. Below all the sentences in which I used the word luck, or unlucky, for a full comprehension and understanding, since you insist on putting those words in my mouth. I will be responsible for what I actually say, not for what you understand.

I wish you the best of luck with the rest of your journey, too! 😊

"Whatever you decide to send though, best of luck, because it seems that's what you need with these people…" (to Little_Vixen)

"Considering this, yes, I'd say luck is an important factor too, even though it shouldn't be."

"IT IS a matter of luck who's going to process your case, and depending on who does, that might have a huge impact on the outcome you get."

"You took so long to get approved during the K1 process, with no RFE's or NOID's, and still you maintain luck has nothing to do with this whole immigration process?"

"I was saying quite the opposite, that a case with no apparent reason for it to take so long to be processed as you pointed out yours was, had to had real bad luck considering that most others, even with RFE's, took significantly less time."

"If there are people who can get unlucky, even if only on the time their cases take to be processed, there necessarily have to be others with better luck. Which again supports the idea of luck playing an important role in this whole process."

"I NEVER said you had "luck" on your side for not receiving a RFE."

"You have all the right in the world to feel you didn't have good/bad luck then or now, as I'm entitled to believe luck is an important part of the process"

Edited by Daniel P

"If you got your case accepted only submitting an incomplete tax return, you might have gotten an adjudicator who doesn't necessarily care about what form he gets as long as the gross income is on it, but that doesn't necessarily mean that's the norm."

I'm not going continue to sit here and be insulted by someone who clearly just wants to talk to make sure they have the last final say. You're initial response to my post several posts ago is what triggered your later posts to state that luck plays an important factor, in particular, when it comes to getting an experienced adjudicator instead of an inexperienced adjudicator. Your statement above, while initially I took offense to when written because who are you to say what or how complete or incomplete I may have submitted my documents into USCIS, however, my whole point was to inform you that, one... you were and are mistaken because I provided all completed documents required for this process and two... while your personal research gives the opinion that USCIS prefers the IRS transcript as a majority of people, like yourself, have received RFEs, while is your opinion for which you are entitled to have...in my opinion, isn't completely accurate. And as an adult, I provided my opinion as you have where we both can just agree to disagree. It was you that implied that luck could be considered as an important factor in which adjudicator a person gets to view their case.

I'm not here to change your mind, and at this point, based on the tone in which this has taken...to be quite honest, I really don't care. You say you submitted all required documents with your filing and you got a RFE requesting additional information. Going back for with me is not gonna change this unfortunate event. It is what it is. ✌️

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Lucy123123 said:

Ok I speak for everyone on this forum to please for the love of god to privately message each other because I'm sick of getting messages about this silliness... I understand its a stressful time and whatnot but we do not need this on a "SUPPORTIVE" group!! 

I agree, I don't need this silliness either and I apologize to the forum for contributing to it. It's not worth it and certainly not helpful to anyone.

Hello, i hope you guys are doing good. I have a question my aos is k1 and my k2 daughters which they received the same rfe as me about the affidavit of support so i want to know if i have to send an original i-864 joint sponsor for each one of them or can it be a photocopy of the original im sending with mine. Or does each form needs to have my joint sponsor wet signature. Thank you im advance for your help. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 hours ago, KYICGM said:

Hello, i hope you guys are doing good. I have a question my aos is k1 and my k2 daughters which they received the same rfe as me about the affidavit of support so i want to know if i have to send an original i-864 joint sponsor for each one of them or can it be a photocopy of the original im sending with mine. Or does each form needs to have my joint sponsor wet signature. Thank you im advance for your help. 

As far as I know each is a separate case so they all need separate original I-864.

20 minutes ago, Naes said:

As far as I know each is a separate case so they all need separate original I-864.

And they all have the same info right ? Sorry to bother i just really need to get this right and thank you 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.