Greenbaum

August 2018 NOA2 -----> NVC

2,040 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sanjana dogra said:

I'm not sure about others, but for the Mumbai Consulate, the ustraveldocs.com website is giving bogus appointment availability.  Take a look at the screenshot below, it shows tons of available appointments, yet all of them result in a message that says "No appointments are available" and after five "guesses" you get locked out.  We called ustraveldocs customer service and they said "We see the same thing, just keep trying."

So what's the deal?  We have to gamble on five random appointment slots per day and hope that it eventually works?

USTravelDocs.jpg

What in the world? That is so frustrating 🙄

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:28 PM, Gina Salinas said:

After receiving the number of cases to be done? We only received it for the call to CNV. The question is, the CNV will send us the indications of what to do?

I know you will find your answers here:

Guide

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ec/iv

Your Country's VJ Portal

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Ecuador&cty=Guayaquil

K-1 Visa General Instructions

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html#1

Your Embassy's website

https://ec.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/

Sub-forum for your Region

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-mexico-latin-south-america/

Find others from your country:

There are several tools available to you. Go up to Immigration Timelines on the blue ribbon above and select it. Once you are on the next page looked to your left and you will see a box that states, "find similar timelines" and select it. A list will populate with those who are processing close to your timeline. When they start to change you will soon be behind them. Also, there is another place you can go and follow others who are processing the same time you are and for the same Embassy. Go to the blue ribbon at the top of this page and select "portals". Scroll down the left-hand side of the page till you get to VJ "your country's name" Timelines. Just below it you'll see "K-1" so you select it and out pops a window with others from your country.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Just received an email from NVC dated Sept 13,2018 that our case is in transit to the consulate......WOW REALLY????????? 

Someone pinch me now. @Greenbaum can this for real be true maybe just maybe mine might say ready soon???? But what does ready really mean if I can schedule medical interview and everything??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, VickeySis said:

Just received an email from NVC dated Sept 13,2018 that our case is in transit to the consulate......WOW REALLY????????? 

Someone pinch me now. @Greenbaum can this for real be true maybe just maybe mine might say ready soon???? But what does ready really mean if I can schedule medical interview and everything??

@VickeySis your noa2 Aug 23

NVC Case Number Sept 11

Case in transit : Sep 13

Really? Congrats.

Our Noa 2 is Aug 16/ Case Number is Sep 7, but still at NVC  :-(. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, mynguyen_ said:

NVC Case Number Sept 11

Really? Congrats.

My NOA2 is Aug 10 / Case number Aug 28 and I'm still at NVC...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
6 hours ago, VickeySis said:

congrats!  Do you know if yours is sent to the embassy electronically or by DHL?  THe ones sent manually seem to be sent at different times then the cases sent electronically.

16 hours ago, LaPrincesa04 said:

Wow we have the same NOA2. Called NVC this morning they havent received my case. Have you received your NOA2 hard copy and an email from NVC? If yes, when? Thanks

Yes.  I received the hard copy of the NOA2 last week.

x

6 hours ago, VickeySis said:

Follow the information that I gave you. Yes you are approved and your case is on it's way to the Pakistan US Embassy for your interview. Now you are in control how fast things move along. Congratulations. This is a happy day for yourself. Treat yourself to something nice. So happy for you. :dance: 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, GP1977 said:

congrats!  Do you know if yours is sent to the embassy electronically or by DHL?  THe ones sent manually seem to be sent at different times then the cases sent electronically.

@GP1977 I honestly have no clue how my case goes to the consulate. I am going to look for the post I seen awhile back with tracking with dhl

Timeline
7 hours ago, mynguyen_ said:

NVC Case Number Sept 11

Really? Congrats.

Our NOA2 Aug 16

Case No. Sep 05...Still at NVC

3 hours ago, MarkFarrer said:

My NOA2 is Aug 10 / Case number Aug 28 and I'm still at NVC...

Our NOA2 Aug 16

Case No. Sep 05...Still at NVC

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
On 9/12/2018 at 4:10 PM, Greenbaum said:

Ignore what you see there. That is for a CR-1 immigrant visa and is handled differently then a K-1. NVC handles the scheduling for it but the K-1 is between you and your Embassy.

The K-1 process is quite strange. For a time, it is both a non-immigrant and immigrant visa type. That is why the links (what you received in the email) will send you the process for immigrant which would be the I-864 and DS-260 even though it truly is a non-immigrant visa requiring I-134 and the DS-160. As you go through the stages, within the NVC system you look up your file under immigrant (CEAC.gov). It stays that way until after your interview and the approval and your visa is ready for issue. At that point, it changes over to non -immigrant. It truly is a non-immigrant visa with immigrant intent.

This is what you do for your Embassy  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NIkIYepyA0bOTE3h8o-4f3ju4HkLy7Si/view?usp=sharing

Thank you so much for this information!! 

So now that our case is at NVC, we are already able to schedule our medical?  Or should I wait until it says "ready" on the CEAC website??

I was originally under the impression that we would wait until the packet arrived at Amsterdam.  Do you happen to have any more information/tips on this?

Edited by rebnoe
adding more questions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
18 hours ago, Naes said:

You can do the ds-160.

however most embassies would want to see NVC letter (will be emailed to you at the time of transit) or document from your embassy. So you can probably get the appointment but it may not be possible to have the medical without the letter.

please fill in your visajourney timeline so we can give you more accurate answers. As everything from this point on will depend on your embassy.

Thank you! I have filled in my profile now. The embassy is costa rica. We also already have a copy of what they will send my fiance in Packet 3, given to us by rapidvisa, so I feel like we do not need to wait for that. We will wait to schedule the medical exam until the NVC sends the petition to the embassy (hopefully next tuesday?). At which time, we would receive an email that it has been sent, correct? 

Thank you for all your help! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.